MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Here is how you take away something and compensate with something else to balance Zero:

Take out: Zero

Compensate with: Tron

I agree the Monster Hunter is top class support. She is the reason I can keep playing Ryu.

So did they announce Season 2 yet

We will see in about 6 or so hours

Battle for the Stones audience

https://i.imgur.com/V1Hw3pl.jpg

Hmmm maybe putting this at the same time as Capcom Cup was a horrible idea? Lol

It’s not a real official pro tour so they could take the risk with it. It was just meant as a holdover tourney with funky rules until they figure out what they officially want to do with the game.

The game is supposedly gonna have a big eSports focus next year so we’ll see.

Don’t worry dbfz will bring in the crowds and save the day :trollface:

Gotta be honest I rather be in that environment.

I would expect an expansive tournament series that began with the game’s launch would warrant some sort of draw or audience. Whether that’s in regards to attendance or flat out interest, there should be at least SOMETHING. Ever since Richard Nguyen went to the Milan Tournament for the Soul Stone and he said there were like 12 entrants, I knew that was already a bad sign. Why? It was a Battle for the Stones event. Granted, this isn’t a Capcom Cup series but it might as well be the precursor to it. Capcom is sponsoring the event in line with SF5 and they even thought of this elaborate stone system. Yes, running this along with SF5 at the same time is probably a bad idea but Marvel has always had it’s own distinct audience separate from the SF crowd. So where are those guys at? I count less than 20 people in the crowd. That’s Chris G vs Richard Nguyen…

We’ve beaten the horse to death so I won’t bring it up again, but Season 2 needs to be more than just “Here are X amount of characters, stages, etc.” You leave a bad taste in someone’s mouth, and it’s hard to get it out regardless of what you take in afterwards. I want to say that from recent memory, I can’t remember a fighter from Capcom dropping off this fast since SFxT(which lasted longer BTW), but they need to pull out something significant to even bring back some interest from the general public and competitive crowd.

There isn’t even hints of some reveal after the finals (that will start at the same time as SFV’s top 8). If they don’t reveal stuff today, they will miss a big opportunity of spreading good word of mouth. What’s the next big event that people outside the fgc will be watching? E3?
Being honest, at this rate, I can see them pulling the plug after 2018. Let’s see the EVO numbers though.

You all worry to much, shot was on a Friday while people worked and didn’t even have GF.

Botch about stream numbers if anything

When is Grand Finals btw?

Playing the whole tournament up until GF is a dumb idea. Unless they want to do exhibition matches with the season 2 cast or some crazy shit like that after the GF. But that would have to happen during SFV’s top 8.

4 hours and 43 minutes from this post.

And seriously, if you weren’t in this tournament, why even go when you can watch on stream? While it’s cool to be in the audience at a tournament playing IN the tournament is still the defining trait
of the competitive fighting game community; otherwise stream that shit.

Stop being delusional. I watch competitive CSGO and Dota. I’ve seen majors crack several tens of thousands of participants, both on stream and at venues on non weekend days in the morning. You’re delusional if you think that numbers don’t matter. Twitch is now the biggest streaming platform for videogames, period. If there’s going to be a major of any sort, it gets streamed on Twitch. So yes, stream numbers are used to gauge the overall interest in a game. If one of the biggest majors of the year, but most importantly, the culmination of MvCI’s first season can’t even bring people to watch, that can absolutely be held against the game.

But if you want to ignore it and act like it doesn’t matter…go ahead?

We’ll see where crack takes us

I don’t know. Why don’t you ask the 50,000+ people who attended the World Finals for LoL? I’m sure that the people who go there want to be a part of the environment or to hang out with friends while watching the action. You can’t compare the feeling of being in person versus watching it at home. Obviously to be in the tournament is a whole different ball park, but people like being spectators, especially in this booming esports scene.

Okay what’d they changed for Hawkeye’s freeze arrow again? I notice online I can’t seem to do freeze > freeze > poison consistently anymore and it’s making me cry

Something with the recovery I think. It was mentioned earlier by someone else. Think it was a stealth nerf that didn’t make the notes