MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

I want to say this is the best version of regular Venom I have ever played. Really really enjoying him. I’m also surprised at how fun Winter Soldier is to play. Haven’t tried Widow. Is she technical?

World finals of? Oh a game that’s 10000000000 times more popular and have been out way longer than MvCI with a longer history of MvCI?
Lets compare it to every NBA game while we’re at it. It’s also a WAY different platform and if you want to be clever lets take it to math.

Take the amount of LoL players, then find out what percentage attended versus play the game. Now look at MvCI, it’s pretty similar especially for a final with
hardly any advertisement. Shit, it may be better!

Things tend to be more popular in their early life. Look the SFV’s EVO numbers on 2016 and 2017. MVCI being this new has no deal being this dead.
But let’s see what 2018 will bring.

All 3 are super fun.

Me using LoL was in relation to you wondering why people would even go to the tournament versus watching on stream, which is silly. Secondly, if you want a game that’s similar to MvCI and it’s Battle for the Stones event, how about Tekken 7’s World Tour that happened last month? Both released this year. Both have/had a finals tournament event within the first 4 months of the game’s release. Tekken 7’s was largely successful. SoCal Regions, Canada Cup, Red Bull Proving Grounds, and SEA Major are not small tournament events. They had BftS advertisement. With the trailer and build up they tried to generate by appointing stones to the winners, I’m sure a majority of the people who watched MvCI were aware of the event.

BftS is being snuffed out this weekend. It’s purpose was to be an event that could generate hype for season 2 and remind people that Capcom is still pushing for this game, but it’s been nothing more than a quick blip. It feels like Sunday morning EVO finals day where you’re like, “Oh, it’s 11AM and insert game is on? Just let me know when SF starts”. Like Deviljin said, let’s see if they reveal something but I’m not terribly surprised by the lack of stream numbers and overall attendance for the event.

There were probaby more people at the qualifiers for this tournament because yknow. People got to play. I bet you Evo would not be as big if people didn’t get to play. T7? Out longer, more sales, and the tournaments? People got to play. In fact they had several days of playing or at least hours. This? If it was one weekend, there would be more people. FGC likes to play. It’s a thing. Buuuuuuthe whatever.

Honestly I expected it to be this dead. The
audience is toxic and the early reviews were terribad.

Im a bit confused. MVCI has more stream viewers and entrants than any other fighting game except sfv. I follow all fighters on twitch and MVCI is always second in viewers only to sfv. So I’m assuming all other games are worse off?

What time is the grand finals?

You’re pretty right. They had a list come out of views for each fighter and Capcom games are both number 1 and 2.

DBZ will obviously put a dent in that for a little while. Seeing that Injustice 2 isn’t number 1 or 2 is a sign that people tend to watch NRS games just for the initial hype and then roll out once some other game (either fighting or different genre) rolls around. Everyone and their mom watches an NRS fighter for 2 months and then dip.

BFTS stones grand finale at 5 pm and then CC top 8 at 6 right guys? Eastern time?

Honestly a game’s public awareness doesn’t really ‘bounce back’, when people move on they move on. Elaborating on my earlier post; I like it this way. Only people playing are people who wanna be here. My fave era of a game has always been after the launch hype. Like a year after. I can’t stand over exposure, breeds a phony atmosphere and needless esports politics.

I still view games as things I buy to play, not vehicles for some ‘competitive circuit’ where it “fails” if the stream numbers are down. So what?

Yup. I’m going over to a friend’s house around 5 to watch both.

Even then nrs games don’t compare to capcom fighters, I mean sadly injustice 2 has like 2% of sfv viewers and its a newish game. See, a lot of people tend to hate on capcom games but their games are far worse off, I mean low numbers PLUS being already irrelevant after just months? I said sadly because I like NRS games, but yea it’s not even funny to compare them to like sf or marvel. All I was asking is that mvci has more viewers and entrants so far than games not called sfv, so…??.. Yea you get it. Also I’m not sure how long or well Dbz will do.

Yeah DBZ remains to be seen. DBZ could be like the Naruto games where you’ll have 150 man tournaments for it at anime conventions, but don’t get Capcom numbers at tourney events. Granted it seems like the FGC (at least parts of it) wants to get behind the game, so there’s potential. I think it should be in people’s faces longer than Injustice 2 at the minimum.

Crack and anime crack both doing their thing sounds good to me.

Dbz is the biggest question mark I’ve ever seen. Literally have no idea how it’ll do with the fgc.

stream is on. get hypee boooiisss

yo if gene and asura make it in the game its ova

i like winter soldier and venom and nova, i just am terrible at how to play the neutral in this game unless im using nova

IF THEY DONT ANNOUNCE SEASON 2 WITH THOSE BIG ASS SCREENS IM GONNA LOSE MY FUCKING MIND!!!