MvC3: Please Help Me!: The Felicia Team Building Thread

I’m having trouble deciding what assist to give Felicia, maybe not such a big deal since she’s on point but I already have Deadpool using Quick Work for a low assist (it’s faster too) and can set up some pretty mean unblockables (or almost) with Hsien-Ko’s overhead Hyper. I’ve been playing around with Sand Splash but the range is pretty disappointing, it’s like the H version with 2/3 range but at the same time it might just be enough to help against projectiles ponder

Quick Work doesn’t hit low, but causes spinning knockdown. If you want those three I’d suggest Hsien-Ko with the gong, Deadpool with AA Happy Happy Trigger and Felicia’s Rolling Buckler.
Gun are great anti-air and the gong will help keep projectiles off of you.

I’m trying to create my MvC3 bitch team, but I’m having trouble. Maybe someone could help.

What I WANT is: Felicia (buckler - Point) / Tron (Gustaff) … but I am having trouble getting a third.

My gut says that I should have a zone-counter assist like Storm (whirl), Trish (voltage) or maybe Ammy Cold Star, but I’m scared Cold Star comes out too slow to be as effective as I’d like. That leaves Storm and Trish as possibilities. The other thing I could do, though, is to just have a zone-counter character so I can swap Felicia out entirely for them. My first choice for that would be Ammy since she basically destroys any projectile-heavy setup (especially Sentinel), but I’m not great at the game, and having one character die in practically one combo scares me…

Anyone have a suggestion for a 3rd female?

Trish is your best choice IMO. Round Harvest with Kitty Helper is an amazing setup and Trish’s playstyle is complemented by a low assist because of her tri-jumps.

Quick Work is a lot hitting attack, even when used as an assist. I told the dummy to guard all and it’d always block low when I tried so it must hit low :stuck_out_tongue: Gong assist is pathetic, the range is so tiny it dissipates so quickly and to be frank nothing compares to her Dark Force pendulum assist :stuck_out_tongue:
Rolling Buckler is pretty good but it’s not that fast and puts Felicia in harm’s way more than Sand Splash, then again both Deadpool and Hsien-Ko should be able to handle zoners themselves so Sand Splash might not be all that necessary :confused:

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Deadpool

Hyper guide says it’s low too :stuck_out_tongue:

I realize that this may be throw away advice if you don’t use hulk in your team but I do. A couple reasons for that is Hulks gamma wave assist with catspke puts felicia behind the your oppenent and gaurantees a free launch
:l:
:m:
:h: ,Assist 1
:h: cat spike
:s: (whatever you want to juggle with)

Also Dancing flash and Gamma Crush (403,200 dmg) go really well together as a dhc.

Oh god, if you’re gonna have Hsien-Ko, roll with Pendulum assist instead. Especially with hyper armor on, shit is godlike.

Quick Work does hit low, so does Katana-Rama! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, the BradyGuide says otherwise. And Super Armor Pendulum is good too, but I prefer the gong because she doesn’t get as easily killed. Sure the pendulum is good for Sentinel but he can still do massive damage to her with or without armor.
[media=youtube]untDMojaTCA&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

Actually Katana-Rama I’m pretty sure hits mid, H version does hit OTG and cause ground bounce with Chimmichanga follow-up doing wall bounce :3

Hsien-Ko can take like ~70% damage if she gets caught in a full hyper but it’s more likely she’ll interrupt it early on, it’d be pretty unlucky for that to happen. I just love how she’s able to shut down pretty much any attack almost instantly with it with little damage to herself (most of the time) :3
Sentinel’s hmm~ since she’d go straight through I don’t think she’d take full damage on them but yeah, be careful against him I suppose.

Yeah, you can’t throw her out all the time to point where calling her is predictable. While you’ll get interrupted she can still be beaten down and snapped back in, which is another concern. And yes, Katana-Rama hits mid, just OTGs, which Felicia doesn’t need with Toy Touch.

Toy Touch + Katana-Rama = easy PHM combo but only works in corner and I’ve got better at jump cancelling into Dancing Flash so stopped using it as an assist (Hsien-Ko doesn’t get much from it either) :3

I’m going to compile all the multi-hitting assist setups that can combo into PHM. I know Chun’s legs is one, but not sure about the others.

Can somebody help me build a team around Felicia. I want Felicia on point, and I want to have big strong character and also a all arounder

Well, Felicia needs anti-airs and projectiles for cover and setups. If you are okay with playing Sentinel, his Sentinel Force Charge assist is amazing. As far as anti-airs, Dante has one of the best. For more originality, there are a ton of options just check the good assists for Felicia. There are many choices for all arounders, so pick the one you like the best.

I was thinking Arthur and haggar but I don’t think neither of them have any good anti airs also thinking about x-23

Well, Haggar’s lariat is completely invincible, so I say it can do double duty as an anti air.

Lariat assist is pretty uber and pairing her up with Hagar would be a nice nod to Episode 4 (she also has a winning quote/speech bubble against him :3). Arthur isn’t what I’d consider an all-rounder though, first name that pops into my head is Dante and he’s pretty high on execution if you want to use him to his full potential. Task Master might be another choice, does good damage too.

Think it’s more important to find characters you’ll actually enjoy using, it’s all right building a team around Felicia but if you don’t like the others much you won’t be having fun once she goes :frowning:

So far I’ve paired her with Storm (ww) and Wolverine (tc) and it’s worked out alright. Not sure how I feel about Wolv’s synergy though - Felicia already fills the rushdown slot very nicely.

Given a Felicia/Storm team, a good third? (Sans Sentinel, ha.)

Well Storm seems to work well from most ranges so you could really go with anyone depending on your preference :3 Maybe look for someone that can DHC after Storm’s Hail Storm or whatever it’s called.

Storm works well with her as far as a cover assist is so preferably anyone with a decent anti-air. Again, really depends what kind of character you are looking for. If you want a strong back up with an AAA, Hulk is a really good option.