MvC3: Please Help Me!: The Felicia Team Building Thread

The team I’ve been using so far is. Felicia/Arthur/Sentinel.

I really like Felicia and I really like Arthur. But as a team I don’t think they work very well together. Arthur’s dagger toss assist can help Felicia though. Some nice mix ups with that and A+S. I had Storm at first but it wasn’t working very well. So I just put Sentinel in… Cos you know… If you can’t beat em, join em.

But now I’m thinking of dropping both Arthur and Sentinel and paying more attention to building a good team around Felicia. It’s a shame I don’t like many of the chars. Pretty much only Felicia and Arthur.

While I don’t use Dormammu on my Felicia team. He’s actually pretty helpful when it comes to rushdown. His dark hole assist does take some prediction, but if you do catch someone, it can lead to a devastating combo, especially if it’s a aerial combo based character like Taskmaster for instance.

Even if they aren’t air based, the pressure alone it helpful to get yourself into a better position while the opponent is getting hit by or blocking the dark hole. If he whiffs, oh well, but I do enjoy having a good Dorm on my team.

I haven’t had the chance to really experiment with Dormammu’s assists with Felicia, but I’ll try that team out the first chance I get.

I had an idea and this what came out…

Idea best assists for kitty super pressure

Fel, doom, sent
roll b, hid m, sent f ©

I think the best way to play this team is fel sent doom, but since i’m online mostly, I abuse sent’s l3xfactor…

Fel/doom does not do much outside of the corner, but doom is good to call on right before you super. If you mess up the helper and get the auto combo, missles keep you safe-ish. When you corner the opp, you can call doom and command run into the corner right before missles drop which gets kitty helper out as fast as possible and during your first string call sent to command run back out… Rush down characters won’t want to deal with kitty helper super and will super jump around, doom limits this… If fel gets pushed out to the point where the screen unzooms, switch her out…

Doom/fel dooms mobility helps you get back in but fel as an assist allows you to abuse his scharacter specific ability of dash cancel ground normals… His ground dash cancels into jump which iad forward j. Medium is a two hit easy mode setup for unblockables… Easiest one I found is light+fel,mid,dash cancel,jumpcancel iad forward, j.mid (hit unblockable)… The only other thing is when you super jump, fly call fel and unfly so that pixie characters aren’t dancing circle under you when you’re tryin to land…

Fel/sent is your primary presure, at the start of any ground combo or block string call sent and command run behind opp right before the first drone crosses/touches the opp and kitty helper super for the fastest possible pressure. Kitty helper let’s you unblockable or jump around the opp but sent let’s you command run around which helps you corner the opp. If and when the opp breaks out of pressure sent lets you chase them down… Most smart players will start to aim for sent, you have to recognize when this happens, fel’s best way to cover her assist is to command run behind the opp… If you are too far for this you should be calling doom…

Sent/fel I suck as sent and just spam alot of crap… I see the potential for fly unfly unblockables but I’m still working on fel and doom stuff… L2xfactor with fel low assist is a great way to mix up your opp from mid unzoomed screen… If they xfactor back and just block, command grab them…

Doom/sent while not as weak as sent/fel, sent/fel feels like they work easier together… The problem with doom, sent is knowing when to call sent. Drones are too slow when dealing with characters that keep doom out and drones come out to slow when he’s getting rushed down… Play smart, use drones to cover ground movement and if you have fel, get two meters, call sent, super jump, air super, dhc kitty super, and start pressure…

Sent/doom some how the opposite is true of this team, doom makes spamming relatively safe and missles cover tons stuff but most importantly uncancelable moves like blocked launchers or wiffed drones when you don’t have meter… The trick to beating sent/doom is to kill doom assist or snap him in and play YOUR game… Avoid this by being a bit more defensive. Light chip, light pressure and punish everything even if it’s just with a mouth laser… A small bit of info is that missles hit on the way up so fly call doom is ok…

Notes, being assist heavy, this team is gonna have trouble with beams/beam supers. If your opp has a character with a problem tool, snap them in with fel and kill them… If that character is actually giving you trouble, doom has enough mobility to get close enough but not enough to get in. So use doom to dhc kitty super from the air, call sent first if you can… Fel can build more than one meter during the kitty helper super and can build two with assists… Sent is a better second character than doom and maybe even better than fel as first, well what I mean is doom should probably be last…

It feels like I’m trying to make a new strider doom, but my intent was just kitty helper abuse…

What do you think?

The team I’m mainly using right now is:

Felicia - Rolling Buckler M
Chris - Grenade Toss L
Wesker - Alternating, they all have their uses.

Felicia/Chris: can DHC into each other reliably, and Chris’s Grenade Toss L is great after ending combos, because people tend to eat the landmine which gives me another full combo. Felicia’s Rolling Buckler also gives easy unblockable setups after a knockdown for Chris, j.S into ground string into air combo into blah blah blah.

Chris/Wesker: Chris can DHC to Wesker, but not the other way around. Chris’ Grenade Toss L is again great after finishing a combo to keep the opponent locked down, which does aid Wesker’s mixup. Wesker however doesn’t do alot for Chris unless I’m using Samurai Edge Low for Wesker, which leads to unblockables. Ghost Butterfly can be used for extending a combo, but Chris tends to use up Ground/Wallbounces by himself.

Wesker/Felicia: They can DHC into each other well, either Dancing Flash to Maximum Wesker/Lost in Nightmares, or Maximum Wesker to Kitty Helper. Rolling Buckler Low and Samurai Edge Low lead to unblockables, even more so if Felicia has Kitty Helper active. Jaguar Dash is useful for crossups with Foreground Run as well, as the spinning knockdown is easy to notice and pickup. Ghost Butterfly can be used just to tack on some extra damage after a long combo.

So, that’s my team, whether it’s effective or not is to be found out, but I’ve been having great success so far.

Glad to see a lot of people picking up Felicia.

As for you Finkle, any of Doom’s assists are great with Felicia. I personally prefer Doom on the rocks, but missiles are great for rushdown. Sentinel Drones work with anyone, fact.

After watching the Trish round harvest video from the front page, I was thinking of a team using Trish Hopscotch, Felicia Rolling Buckler, and Morrigan Meter builder. You could DHC Round Harvest into Kitty Helper to set up an unblockable and even a free kill. You have Morrigan’s high attacks with Felicia’s low assist, you have Trish’s hopscotch trap for anti-air, and a meter builder to allow you to repeat the trap with Trish. I need some advice for this team, it almost seems too good to be true.

Found another set up to PHM with Dormammu’s Dark Hole Assist. Essentially the same concept as Chun’s lightning legs but instead only works at midscreen because of the placement of Dorm’s dark hole. However, because of this, this doesn’t mean you have to dash in after OTGing the opponent cause you’re already close enough with the exception of big characters like Sentinel.

Further testing suggests you have to juggle them before launching into the air combo that smacks them to the ground or else they’d get up too quickly. Luckily Fel can just do Rolling Buckler into Mid Sweep to trip them off their feet.

I was considering the same team. Let me know how it goes!

Unfortunately, you cannot DHC Trish’s Round Harvest (I’m fairly positive.)
Mainly because the super ends as soon as she tosses the sword.
I’ll have to go and double check in training mode though.

I’m positive you can DHC INTO Round Harvest, but not out.
Also, Taskmaster’s Parabolic Arrow assist is great with Felicia since it basically prevents the opponent from flying if they so can.

I’m REALLY liking Jam Session assist, so I might consider switching either DP or Weskie-poo out for pretty boy Dante. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I am still sticking with my guns and katanas and such :3

You can DHC out of Round Harvest, I’ve done it multiple times. You have to be fast, though. Like, the instant Trish throws her boomerang, do the next super, and she’ll tag out, but her boomerang will be spinning on the screen.

Edit: Here’s a video with DHC out of Round Harvest (1m46s):
[media=youtube]szwdD9fzo2o#t-1m46s[/media]

Wow, so you can. That plus Kitty Helper is going to be utter rape.

Also, I’ve been trying out Felicia/Trish/Storm as well as Felicia/Trish/Doom

Oh lordy. Felicia works very well with Trish. Well, considering how damn good Trish is, Trish works well with anyone.

Also, if you guys didn’t know, in level 2/3 x-factor, Felicia can infinitely chain Cat Spike L.

I am so happy to hear that I was completely wrong about that.
Time to hit Training mode!

Tried out Felicia and Trish this weekend and was impressed at how good the pair are. Won’t be maining Trish anytime soon, but a fun combination especially with Doom.

Can you not pushblock projectiles?

You can’t pushblock any assist. You can pushblock projectiles if they are coming from you’re point character.

I’m LOVING Gustaff Fire for Tron in my OG team. Invincible frames FTW. Iron Man’s UniBeam is also perfect for those ridiculously long assist combos with Tron.

So I totally gave Dr. Doom a try the other day, using his Molecular Shield assist.
It’s good shit with Felicia. Keeps teleporters off of her. Has just enough start up time to use Cat Crawl for mix-ups.
AND if someone gets hit with it during start up, I could totally Cat Spike into free combo.

So right now I’m thinking my teams gonna be Taskmaster on point (parabolic shot), Felicia in second (rolling buckler), and Doom in last (Molecular Shield).

I just need to give Trish a try in Tasky’s spot.
And maybe mess around with Tron’s Gunstaff Fire. 'Cause you know, DEM INVINCIBILITY FRAMES.