MvC3: Please Help Me!: The Felicia Team Building Thread

If you’re planning on using everyone’s favorite cat-girl or building your entire team around her, post your ideas here! Please refer to the original Felicia thread for more info on her first, also make sure you know her assists…

BASIC INFO
Please Refer To This Guide Before Posting!

ASSISTS

Alpha-Rolling Buckler

[details=Spoiler] What Is It?: Felicia comes in and preforms the L version of her Rolling Buckler finishing off with a Rolling Slide that hits low. Keep in mind that only the second hit is low!

Why Pick This?
More than likely if you pick Felicia on your team, you’ll be using this assist. Combined with anybody who has an overhead attack, there will be tons of unblockable set-ups since you cannot push-block assists. Good for overall pressure too. Unfortunately, it doesn’t OTG, but any low assist is great.

Technical Info
Number of Hits: 2
Damage: 75,000
Startup Frames: 35
Active Frames: 15(8)6
Recovery Frames: 109[/details]

Beta-Sand Splash

[details=Spoiler]What Is It?:
Felicia come in and preforms the M version of her Sand Splash attack. Counts as a projectile with 3 hits.

Why Pick This?
Felicia’s Sand Splash was buffed in UMvC3 so that it can now OTG. It has to be used pretty early in the combo due to it’s hitstun deterioration, but if your team needs an OTG assist or even a basic projectile for cover, this assist is looking to be the one you want.

Technical Info
Number of Hits: 3
Damage: 81,300
Startup Frames: 42
Active Frames: 12
Recovery Frames: 116[/details]

Gamma-Cat Spike

[details=Spoiler]Why Pick This?
Felicia comes in and preforms the M version of her Cat Spike. Contrary to popular belief, THIS DOES NOT HIT OVERHEAD!

Why Pick This?
Felicia has much better assists, but hey, it does serve a good purpose. If this assist counter hits or hits an aerial opponent, they will go into a ground bounce state so you can continue the combo. Your opponent will think twice before throwing out a low attack since Felicia will jump right over it, same goes for jumping. Due to long start up however, it has limited uses even with it’s benefits.

Technical Info
Number of Hits: 1
Damage: 90,000
Startup Frames: 50
Active Frames: 3
Recovery Frames: 121[/details]

GOOD ASSISTS FOR FELICIA
(Underlined Assists Are Highly Recommended)

Projectiles

[details=Spoiler]Why A Projectile?
Felicia might have some mobility, but not enough to get in on more annoying keep-away characters such as Sentinel. She can also take advantage of the cover to rush in or build meter with EX Charge. If you plan on using Felicia on point, this is an absolute must!

Recommended Assists
Captain America: Shield Slash
Dr. Doom: Any Assist
Dormammu: Black Hole/Purification
Hulk: Gamma Wave
Iron Man: UniBeam
Magneto: Electromagnetic Disruptor
M.O.D.O.K.: Psionic Blaster
Phoenix/Dark Phoenix: TK Shot/TK Overdrive*
Storm: Whirlwind
Thor: Mighty Spark/Mighty Strike*
Sentinel: Sentinel Force L (Drones)
Taskmaster: Aim Master :f:
Akuma: Gohadoken
Amaterasu: Cold Star
Arthur: Dagger Toss
Chun-Li: Kikoken
Morrigan: Soul Fist
Ryu: Hadoken
Trish: Low Voltage
Tron Bonne: Bandit Boulder
Zero: Hadangeki (More Useful When Sougenmu Is Active)
Shuma-Gorath: Mystic Ray or Mystic Stare
(*While these moves are not projectiles, they do nullify them)
[/details]

Projectile Reflectors

[details=Spoiler]Why A Reflector?
A good substitute for a projectile. These will be used more for hiding behind, but you can at least fight projectiles back if needed. M.O.D.O.K.'s is special in that it not only counters projectiles, but physical attacks as well, making it one of the better options.

Recommended Assists
Amaterasu: Solar Flare
Hsien-Ko: Henkyo-Ki (Gong)
M.O.D.O.K.: Barrier
[/details]

Overheads

[details=Spoiler]Why An Overhead?
Technically, any character can benefit from any of the two overhead assists and Felicia is no exception. With great range on her Rolling Slide and her Crouching H, she can have some great unblockable set-ups.

Recommended Assists
C.Viper: Burning Kick
Akuma: Hyakkishu M + Hyakki Gojin (Demon Flip + Dive Kick, OTGs)[/details]

Multi-Hitting

[details=Spoiler]Why A Multi-Hitter?
Felicia has some of the best mixup scenarios in the game. Most of this arrives from usage of her Cat Run, which goes through her opponent. Combine this with the right assist for two reasons. One, to make Cat Run safe for escape purposes and two, force your opponent to guess which direction to block. While Felicia has better assist options, this is worth noting.

Recommended Assists
Captain America: Charging Star
Dr.Doom: Molecular Shield
Hulk: Gamma Charge (Grounded)
Phoenix/Dark Phoenix: TK Overdrive
Sentinel: Sentinel Force L (Drones)
Super Skrull: Orbital Grudge
Wolverine: Berserker Barrage
Akuma: Tatsumaki Zankyaku (Spinning Kick)
Chun-Li: Hyakuretsukyaku (Lighting Legs)
Dante: Crystal
Haggar: Double Lariat
Ryu: Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (Spinning Kick)
Tron Bonne: Bonne Strike
Wesker: Jaguar Dash+Jaguar Kick
Zero: Shippuga (Much Better While Sogennmu Is Active)
Shuma-Gorath: Mystic Smash[/details]

Anti-Airs

[details=Spoiler]Why An Anti-Air?
When it comes to the skies, Felicia is grounded. She has next to no air mobility and no options to take out the opponent from the air. While she does have the Rolling Uppercut, it is very unsafe and has no invincibility. An anti-air assist is your best bet!

Recommended Assists
Captain America: Stars and Stripes
Deadpool: Trigger Happy
Hulk: Gamma Charge :uf:
Iron Man: Repulsor Blast
She-Hulk: Somersault Kick
Spider-Man: Spider Sting
Storm: Lightning Attack
Super-Skull: Tenderizer
Taskmaster: Aim Master :uf:
Thor: Mighty Strike
Wolverine: Tornado Claw
X-23: Crescent Scythe
Chun-Li: Tenshokyaku
C. Viper: Thunder Knuckle (Can Be Canceled If Used As A Crossover Counter)
Dante: Jam Session
Haggar: Double Lariat
Morrigan: Shadow Blade
Ryu: Shoryuken
Spencer: Wire Grapple :uf: (Pulls Opponent To Ground)
Trish: Trick "Hopscotch"
Viewtiful Joe: Groovy Uppercut
Zero: Ryuenjin (Much Better When Sogenmu Is Active)
Shuma-Gorath: Mystic Ray[/details]

Unblockable Setups

[details=Spoiler]The aforementioned overhead option is always great for unblockable setups, but there are a few other low hitting assists that can setup the same.

Recommended Assists
She-Hulk: Torpedo
X-23: Ankle Slicer
Wesker: Samurai Edge (Low Shot)[/details]

DHCs and THCs

Dancing Flash

[details=Spoiler]As far as THCs this is your only option. It isn’t too great in these situations because a lot of other supers will knock the opponent out of the slashes. However, this is amazing for DHCs, especially since the opponent is left in an untechable state on the kick before the vertical slash*. This allows for almost any super to follow it, including a majority of projectiles and other supers which might normally combo (i.e. King Servbot).
*Thanks to EmptyShiki for the info[/details]

Kitty Helper

Spoiler

The go to plan for bringing Felicia back on point. It’s useless to DHC out of because the helper disappears, but if used to put her in, will allow her to set up the helper safely. Since this is Felicia’s most dangerous tool (especially on larger characters) try to save some meter so you can always DHC into this.

Please Help Me!

Spoiler

Yes, you can DHC into her level 3, but doing so is usually pointless as you are left out of range and it more than likely will never connect/combo into. If anyone has setups for this, please tell me.

===============================
If you plan on creating a team, please fill out the following questionnaire first.

Questionaire

[details=Spoiler]
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Newcomer?s Team Assessment Questionnaire

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

What disadvantages does your point character have?

What maneuverability options does your point character have?

How will your assists aid your point character?

1. What advantages does your secondary character have?

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?

How will your assists aid your secondary character?

1. What advantages does your last character have?

What maneuverability options does your last character have?

How will your assists aid your last character?

1. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

2. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

3. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

4. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?[/details]

This isn’t necessary for regular questions.

I find it weird that no one has posted anything in this thread. So I figure I will.
I filled out the questionnaire in my head, but I don’t know if you want me to actually post it or not.

The team I’m maining in MvC3 is Felicia on point (with Rolling Buckler assist), backed up by Trish (low voltage) and Taskmaster (Aim Master ~Vertical Shot~/~Parabolic Shot~).

I picked Felicia for my point character for many reasons. One of the main ones being that she has an OTG normal (:m::df:) which I believe can be canceled into Dancing Flash or Help Me! if you’ve got the meter for it (I need to double check this in Training mode.) Another reason she’s on point would be for Cat Crawl (:atk: + :s:). I fucking love this move. Pairing it up with a projectile assist can create some nice mix-ups. And of course, Cat Spike (:dp: + :atk:) is quite nice. It’s good for starting combos, getting in quickly, and if you time it right for a character switch from the opponent, you can hit them with the :h: version while they’re in the air for a free ground bounce into combo. Rolling Buckler (:qcf: + :atk:) with :m: follow up is good since you can combo off of it, and Delta kick (:rdp: + :atk:) is another great way to get in, and get past projectiles (I think you can combo off of the medium version, but I’d need to head into Training mode again.)

Really the biggest problem with Felicia on point, besides the lowish health, is getting in on characters that zone. While she has tools for that (i.e. Cat Crawl/Delta Kick) it can still be a pain. So backing her up with Trish and her Low Voltage assist really helps, as Low Voltage is quite quick, and may catch an opponent off guard. And Trish is well rounded, so I can switch her to point if I think Felicia is walking into a bad match up.

Taskmaster’s Vertical Shot assist is pretty good for locking an opponent down, but I’m very much considering switching it to the Parabolic Shot version because that one would do a better job on stopping jump-ins on Felicia from up close, and will keep the opponent wanting to stay grounded from a distance. Also I can angle his Hyper move, which is great since DHC-ing from Felicia to Trish to Taskmaster really pushes the opponent in the air. So angling it up means they eat all the arrows and not just a few.

Now I just need to hit training mode for a few days straight and really practice these crazy Felicia combos so I stop dropping them and stop mashing them. Hopefully we’ll get some more people posting in here, building teams around everyone’s favorite Singin’ and Dancin’ Sister.

I like your team, especially since I’m using Tasky too. The parabolic shot really helps keep flying characters (and tri-jumpers) out of the air. My only difference is that I use Doom instead of Trish. Molecular Shield is great for Felicia since it gives her cover to charge meter as well.
Felicia is great on point, especially since a lot of people have no idea how to handle her.

Also, you can post your questionnaire answers anytime, just put them in spoilers.

are you sure that the buckler assist rolling hits OTG? The hyper guide doesn’t say that and I’m having trouble verifying it in game

I believe only the slide part hits OTG, thus the timing can be odd. However, you maybe right about it not hitting OTG anymore.

Felicia/Amaterasu/Dante

Felicia on Rolling Buckler, Amaterasu on Cold Star, Dante on Jam Session.

Felicia is on point to start since she builds great meter and can harass. Cold Star and Jam Session are great assists for her since they hit multiple times, Cold Star covers the ground in front of her, and Jam Session gives her an air option (Felicia’s air game is hot trash). Once she’s in, call Ammy and then make the opponent guess.

Amaterasu and Dante can actually utilize Felicia’s assist since they have access to overheads (Dante’s teleport and Amaterasu’s air dash).

DHC’s are fairly simple (Okami Shuffle XX Million Dollar requires some timing).

Still in the early works. I had to switch up the order a bit and replaced Wesker with Dante.

I’m finding much more success when I enter with a mindset to go for resets as opposed to simple damage. The Hunter series allows Felicia to make up combos on the fly. One, two, three, four, however many ticks until canceling into an option of Cat Spike (L or M), Delta Kick, Hellcat (three ticks max), command run, or Buckler into Neko Punch or Slide (depending if they’re standing or have been hit). Then pick at some point during all that to call out Amaterasu or Dante (pref Ammy). It gets silly and fun… until I guess wrong and eat damage T.T. Otherwise I’m hit confirming into a couple of different combos. Once I get more comfortable later on and learn more, I’ll be able to tap into her reset game more :slight_smile:

Corner game is super duper strong. The struggle is getting in, because once she’s in it’s really not difficult to stay in so long as I’m not mindless in my offense. Dante anti-air assist is great due to the multiple hits and free :dp::h: she get afterwards :smiley:

Great team! Cold Star definitely is great for both Felicia and Dante, you can probably set up Kitty Helper while the opponent is locked down with Cold Star. Jam Session is great too, and since you can push block assists, make her pressure more deadly. You might be able to get a level 3 off while they are hit with an assist.

Yea, I was experimenting with Felicia assist combos earlier and I don’t believe the Rolling Buckler OTGs anymore, which is saddening to me. I think Sandsplash might work better if I have someone else who can OTG assist like Viper or X23.

Right now, I’m just experimenting with the various combinations of characters. I was using Chun Li with her Lightning legs and Tron with her Bonne Strike, but the Bonne Strike just pushes them away. Will probably switched to Gustaff Flame or Bandit Boulder for projectile assistance.

Overall, I might replaced Chun Li with someone else. Any recommendations?

If you want somebody to replace Chun’s legs assist, I’d highly recommend Akuma. His Tatsu assist is amazing for pressure.

I do like Akuma and I’ve seen first hand how good his tatsu pressure is. I might consider it. I’ll fool around with it and see how I like it. Thanks for the opinion.

EDIT: I’ve tried it out and I can say I’m not too much a fan of it. Can’t find many combo opportunity with Akuma’s tatsu assist. Or at least, not as many as I can with Chun-Li. I actually found a way to set up Felicia’s Please Help Me.

In the Corner, after you score a knockdown, call in Chun’s Lightning Leg assist and Df.M the opponent. While they’re caught in Chun’s legs, dash forward and do Please Help me. Tested on Joe, Sent, and Trish, so I think it’s pretty universal.

Woah nice find on that one.

I’m really happy to see this thread getting some attention now. We need more people to discover the Felicia craziness.

I guess I’ll post up my questionaire up while I’m at it.

Marvel VS Capcom 3
Newcomer?s Team Assessment Questionnaire

questionnaire

[details=Spoiler]1. What characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?

Felicia/Trish/Taskmaster

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)

I want to focus on rushdown, but have the option of zoning if I need it.

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

Felicia’s rushdown game is pretty freakin’ good. She’s quick, and can stay on opponents. Cat Crawl has invincibility frames on it, and her Dancing Flash has projectile invincibility.

What disadvantages does your point character have?

Oh god she has no health. (Though it’s above Trish’s) And she has trouble getting in.

What maneuverability options does your point character have?

Lack of an Air Dash hurts, but her ground movement is quick, and the aforementioned Cat Crawl is amazing on about 5 different levels. Also :h: Delta Kick can put me from one side of the screen to the other.

How will your assists aid your point character?

Trish’s Low Voltage is a quick projectile that can interrupt an opponents advance and allow Felicia a second to get it. I can also call it right before using a Cat Crawl for some mix-ups. Taskmaster’s Parabolic Shot will help stop people jumping in on Felicia, or just jumping up in general.

4. What advantages does your secondary character have?

She’s one of the most versatile characters in the game and has options for both rushdown and keep away. She also has an 8-way airdash, tri-jump, and a dive kick to boot! Also her Round Harvest hyper can be used for unblockables, pressure, and crossups.

Some of her sword normals are kinda slow, and she’s got the lowest health on my team. And sadly, her dive kick can be blocked low.

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?

8-way airdashes, tri-jumps, wave-dashes, and a double jump.

How will your assists aid your secondary character?

Felicia’s Rolling Buckler can help Trish create some high-low guessing games. Taskmaster’s Arrows will again help keep people from jumping in, and make them want to stay grounded.

5. What advantages does your last character have?

The most health on my team, a multi-hitting normal, his “Charging Star” can negate most projectiles, he can counter low hits, high hits, and reverse projectiles while negating beams. He can also fire those arrows of his in 3 different directions. And “Spidey Swing” puts him in the air for overheads.

His ground movement and normals are on the slow side. Absolutely no extra mobility in the air outside of “Spidey Swing.” His launcher will miss if you aren’t close enough.

What maneuverability options does your last character have?

None. Unless you count his swing.

How will your assists aid your last character?

Felicia’s Rolling Buckler is a great pair up for his “Spidey Swing” since he’s put in an overhead state, and she’s attacking low (on the second hit). This makes his offense much scarier. And Trish’s Low Voltage will help him get in, or create an opening for him to rain arrows down on the opponent.

6. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

I don’t know. I know that going from Felicia’s Dancing Flash to Trish’s Max Voltage, to Tasky’s Legion Arrow has had zero problems so far. But I still need to experiment with using Trish’s Round Harvest instead. Could be a good way to switch out and go for a cross up into free combo.

7. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

Um… How so? I don’t really plan on using a Team Hyper Combo.

8. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

Overall lowish health and not many options for anti-air. Only one character has many movement options while the others are limited to ground only.

9. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?

Oh you bet’cha. [/details]

Shadow, add Wesker’s Samurai Edge (Low Shot) up there for unblockable setups. That stuff is BANANAS.

Added potential unblockable set-ups for you. I hope you guys find all that info helpful because I put a lot of time into it.

Anyways, nice find with the Chun legs into PHM. I’m going to test out the other multi-hitting assists to see if they can produce the same effect.

I’m sad that it doesn’t work with Deadpool’s Trigger Happy assist. :frowning:

But I am glad that you can use :l::m::h: then assist into :h: Cat Spike into PMH in the corner against Sentinel. :smiley:

Trying to not sound scrubbish here, but in reality I’m pretty new to the VS series. Anyway here I go:

I’ve been experimenting with Felicia lately and I’m really enjoying her play-style. She obviously has her issues, and I’m trying to build a rush-oriented team with her. I think that her low assist is great for pressure.

The best team I could come up with was Taskmaster (h.shot) / Morrigan (meter) / Felicia (buckler). I think this team is pretty solid, but I’m not really convinced.

I think Morrigan + Felicia work great together. The low assist, along side Morrigan’s j.S drill pressure is pretty rough. Morrigan also has some solid fireball pressure with her Astral Vision hyper. I’ll usually swap her in whenever I don’t have them stuck in a corner.

Taskmaster + Felicia, which some of you are also running, turned out surprisingly better then I thought. Tasky’s jump H is huge. Big Air attack + low assist = fun times. His projectile, as an assist also helps me safely move in, and even works as a full-screen punish to lesser fireballs.

While all of that above stuff sounds great, it just doesn’t feel like I’m really using Felicia to the most of her potential. I tried using Dante. Jam Session kicked ass, but Dante doesn’t. Chun’s legs was pretty cool, but at that point my team was too rush oriented. I planned on building a team around her, but she plays more like an afterthought.

Hopefully I’m on the right track here in regard to team-building. I understand that a team needs a good mix of characters to fill each of the different roles. But am I leaning too strongly in the rush-down department? Can Felicia with two multi-purpose characters work as well as one team with characters that have strict play-styles?

I really wanted to avoid the “hai i can play 2 char suggest me 3rd plz” talk that’s made its way around the internet. Morrigan and Felicia look like two that are going to stick. Here are my thoughts on a few other characters, hopefully you guys could steer me in the right direction.

Akuma/Ryu: Tatsu assist seems alright for cover. But I’m afraid I might be too weak in the fireball department. Especially if I run Dark Harmonizer on Morrigan.
Amaterasu: Cold star is pro. However, I really can’t stand the characters design =(.
Chun/Dante: Good cover assists, but the individual characters themselves don’t appeal to me.
Hsien Ko: Team Darkstalkers! That hyper armor on her swing assist is crazy. Would be awesome cover for any character. Drawbacks here would still be in the projectile game.
Trish: Her boomerang super actually looks like it could be a lot of fun. I actually plan on trying her out once I get the chance.
Dormamu: Dark Hole or Purification could actually work out alright, assuming the range doesn’t become a drawback. Although he strives as a keep-away character, he does have a teleport which could be interesting.
Sentinel: Drones. Do I need to say anymore?
Dr. Doom: Hidden Missiles has to be the 2nd most annoying assist. Great for anyone really.

I’m not limited to just those mentioned above. Just wanted to let share my thoughts and opinions on a few that stood out.

TL;DR: I’m bad, I play Morrigan + Felicia, who do I pick third?

Dormammu might actually be one of your best choices. Dark Hole is a great assist that hits midscreen and puts the opponent in the air and holds them. I don’t know if this actually works, but you may be able to rush in with Felicia and get them with a :h: Cat Spike into ground bounce into combo.

And while he works amazing as a keep away character, his jumping :s: has a huge hitbox and can be used for cross-ups into free combos very effectively.

I was going to write something about Trish, but I didn’t want to sound biased >.>

Right Now I’m trying
Felicia on point: rolling buckler assist
Amaterasu second: cold star assist
Trish third: peekabo assist

The three of them have some really nice options when they use eachother’s assists

Felicia: I like using cat crawl to run behind an opponent and use cold star. And I found that if you call a peekaboo assist right before using Felicia’s command throw it will throw the enemy straight into the trap giving you a free combo or hyper (which is way easier than comboing off the ground the normal way with felicia)

Amaterasu: can set up an unblockable attack by calling rolling buckler assist and using a head charge or jump special

Trish: Is so versatile and with cold star she can zone, rush, keep away you name. and obviously rolling buckler is helpful for rushdown

I’m comfortable with any of the three on point. all though they all have pretty low health. I also find that they have decent DHC synergy although it’s hard to pull off if you time it right you can actually DHC okami shuffle into either Trish’s low voltage or Felicia’s Dancing Flash.

It’s also just a fun team to play as :slight_smile:

Actually, Liberation might be better because it covers right in front and lifts the opponent into the air. You might be able to get PHM off from it.

Good point.
I think that Liberation comes out kinda slow though.

You could say the same for Black Hole, you need have prediction skills.