MvC3: Morrigan Official Combo Thread

Alright. I’ll get on that. Sometimes I get notation mixed up from so many games. :sweat:

So forgive me if this has been asked a million times before, but is there any way to combo after Vector Drain without XFC or is it pretty much only there for mixups?

You should be able to after like a St.:H: or something. Anything that can give a long hitstun. Just experiment.

I’ve been practicing the fireball wall for a while. It’s really good. My only issue is that I do it so fast that I often flight cancel the first fireball before it even comes out haha. I need to work on my timing. I love Morrigan. Especially once I found out you can continue air exchange after a Finishing Shower in the corner.

You should be able to combo it on anyone if your back is to the corner(not sure if it works if their back is to the corner) and bigger characters like Hulk and Sent can be hit with OTG Shadow Servant anywhere on screen. Vector Drain is also a good defensive tool.

i could use some advice utalizing her flying dash… i’m looking into using morrigan since i’ve master Chun, 23, and Xavin… Morrigan is so good right out of the box… but her dash is wierd… i used to use ehr in CvS2 and i could use it fine but in marv3l it’s not a straight forward…

so i just need to be pointed in the right direction… i’m told i should be simply backdashing and flying away to play keep away fireball games… speaking of which Morrigan can throw 2 air fireballs at a time right?.. anyway im not used to playing keep away so is there some more offensive options?.. what should morrigan’s niche on my team be? lead time jockey? SOS assist? damage leader?

That’s up to you. She can do all of that. Although she is a bit of a meter hog. I personally use her as my anchor/meter builder. You don’t necessarily have to sit back and throw fireballs. she has lots of mixup and crossups you can do. A lot of it is posted here on the first page. Check it out.

i’ve been stuck on this part also!

i can do them both separably, but can’t the M after the first ‘land’ to save my life, can someone please explain the timing of this?? am I supposed to input the air M, M, H, S as fast as I can?

thanks!

whatever starters - :d::h: - :f::h: - :uf: - :h: - shadow blade M - fly - :h::s: - land - shadow blade M - fly - :h::s: - land - :s: - :m::m::h: - shadow blade M - :h: - shadow blade M - finishing shower/darkness illusion

The combo can be optimized with a few hits here and there, but it makes the window after the second fly smaller and harder to do, especially since for the most part you’ll have a few light/med starters.
Does like 580kish dmg i think, i forget.

Works both corner and midscreen

mid-screen to corner (uses Dr Doom Hidden Missiles to OTG)

j.H > M > :f:H > j.MHS (3) > M > :f:H > j.MHS (3) > Doom Hidden Missiles assist > S > j.MMHS > land jump up j.L Soul Fist (Hidden Missiles hits OTG) > fly > airdash :df: > j.L Soul Fist > unfly > S > j.H > M Shadow Blade > Finishing Shower > M Shadow Blade > fly > j.S

does about 575,000 dmg, corner knockdown, and a net gain of about half a bar of meter

Hey, I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned here or not so far, but I’ve been doing something with Morrigan that I don’t see anybody else doing, or mentioned that I’ve seen…

Long story short, when my opponent is blocking and I complete a L/M/H blockstring on them, I can probably assume they’re crouching while blocking. So as soon as my H is blocked, I quickly go into fly mode and hit that S button. I’m not sure what to call this, if it even has a name, but Morrigan is unique in that she can attack a very short time after entering flight mode, giving her a near-instant overhead against even the lowest height characters.

While grounded, and an opponent is blocking your low attacks, quickly fly and hit S to come immediately back to the ground with Shell Kick. It hits 3 times, can be very hard to see coming, and adds great pressure to reset. You opponent will quickly learn to pushblock Morrigan. This isn’t the worst thing that can happen, as you get a fresh opening to dash back in at a new, fun angle.

Anyone else doing this?

TLDR; if an opponent is guarding low, quickly fly and hit S for a triangle-jump like technique.

Yeah, this is common knowledge amongst all characters with flight. It’s the same thing Magneto players do all the time. If the timing is right, then your flight cancel will nullify the pushback from advancing guard. Try to mix up where you try your fly cancel though instead of just from an easily pushblockable string.

hm… gotta try that… that would be something in the mold of an instant overhead… likely to be called the flight triangle, or the sako overhead

^^ Flyiangle Overhead. patented.

Dear god breaking 500k with Morrigan is difficult without Darkness Illusion. Practicing with her since release and the best I can do still is :l: :m: :d::m: :d::h: :s: :u: :m: :m: :h: xx flight :l: :m: :h: xx :m: Shadow Blade xx Finishing Shower for ~470 corner or ~498 mid screen. Even :f::h: to Soul Fist feels extremely difficult.

Easy BnB that does over 500K reliably, anywhere on the screen. Easy to hit confirm also.

j.:h:, st.:m:, :d::m:, :d::h:, :f::h: jc, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:s:, SJ, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: xx :m: Shadow Blade xx fly > j.:m:, j.:h: xx :m: Shadow Blade xx Aerial Finishing Shower (hold up).

Nets anywhere between 505K and 545K (depends on size of character / when you cancel into Finishing Shower). If youre in the corner you can follow up with another Shadow Blade > Finishing Shower or if you have the meter, Darkness Illusion. I wouldnt suggest going into DI though unless its for the kill…its kinda a waste of meter.

Thanks for this. I’m still having issues with completing it’s combo in it’s entirety, especially if I open with the j.:h:(this causes me to drop the combo between the :m: and :d::m: more often than not), but the j.:m: j.:h: j.:s: :s: after the jump cancel was quite helpful. I could swear I had tried that before, but I guess I’d only tried j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:s:, and I’ve never been able to reliably hit that, let alone the follow up :s: or :m:.

do any of you use astral vision for the DHC trick?

I have my morrigan bnbs mostly down, but when i try them out of the dhc trick i cant get it right because i have to start the combo with the guy in the air, which throws off my strings, what combos do you guys do out of the dhc trick?

^try it out of X-23’s ‘Weapon X Prime’ hyper… which activates the glitch and leaves them reeling… and normally in the corner… i haven’t exactally tried to that specific end… but its sounds totally workable

After astral vision DHC trick, I usually just jump and do j.B > j. C > j.S -land- into stand B forward C whatever you normally do after hit confirm. Usually nets over 1mil without tacking anysupers on after the trick. You can do some fancy fireball flight cancel stuff too, but I havent found anything damaging and consistent with that yet.