MvC3: I'm the Second Best at What I Do: The X-23 Team-Building Thread

personally i go with the Scythe thing (Anti-Air) when i have Tasky on my team, but i guess there can be uses for the other assists as well.

They can all do 400-500k damage solo without meter while building tons of meter through long loops then they can add more with TAC as it doesn’t mater as much as some teams who is on point but each one is stronger in certain match ups. They can all do 500-600k with a solo combo into hyper and then DHC except chun whos BnB is 500k and builds two meters so damage is on par to what everyone else in the game does but she can TAC to either X or storm and they can end with a hyper combo for no damage. Then X-23 and Chun can do 800 damage combos with level 3 hyper combo usage.

So they do as much damage as everyone else but yeah they die easily when hit do to all of them having the lowest health, which is made worse in marvel do to all the random stuff going on, like random hyper combos or just screens filled with projectiles, taking 300k random safe hyper combo poke damage is going to happen, often. But everyone does about the same damage in combos and everyone in the game will die to 2-3 regular combos after everyone learns to do the best ones.

No.

500-600 is below average for a super combo.

My team currently is:

Ryu/X-23/Ammy

It used to be X-23 starting but her being low health not a good meter builder had me change my order.

Has anyone else tried this team? Didn’t see anyone else mention so maybe this team not a good idea??

Ammy is mainly for Cold Star assist. Though, I gotta say, she’s the least I know to play with and most of the times the one I deal the most damage with, then it’s Ryu.

I think my problem w/X-23 is not being able to cancel into Mirage Feint M after magic series to put pressure. I believe this is due to online lag (net code) cuz I seem to pull it off fine in Training.

What types of assists work well with X-23? Alternatively, what weaknesses does she have that I may want to account for?

She benefits from assists that travel forward to give her cover so she can get in. Sent Drones, Doom Rocks, etc.

On top of that, assists with long active durations can help her once she gets in, as it forces opponents to deal with her, and can’t pushblock for free once she gets in. Again, Doom Rocks, Chun Legs, etc.

So yeah… assists like that. Golden Hsien-Ko is probably pretty godlike with X, though I’ve never tried it.

DF hsein is way too good with x-23, my current main team is hsein/sentinel/x-23. Use DF in the first possible chance and tag her out for x-23 then just go to town, u can pretty much call her assist for free against anybody (except sentinel) and beat anything and everything plus u get a free combo

I light up Hsien assist with Storm.

Yeah Storm is very good too against Hsein’s assist, Mag as well, so basically: MSS> DF Hsein-ko> Everyone else lol

quick question, how do you handle akuma’s tatsu? i hate how it its on both sides, and maybe i haven’t tried enough, but it seems to out prioritize everything i throw at it.

Block?

does anyone else have a problem with X23 vs Wesker?

I find this to be somewhat in Wesker’s favor. Alot of his normals seem to straight beat hers, you have to carefully rush in as to not get hit with random super from Wesker. And Wesker’s Teleport makes him more mobile than X23. Not to mention his High Damage will turn X23 into Dead23 with pokes and punishes.

Hey everyone.

I main X23, but I usually leave her last cause I know she just totally rapes with xfactor. Her level 3 hyper nearly takes out 2/3rds of most character’s life bar :wow:.

But I just wanted to get some suggestions for what teammates I should be using. I’m more of a rush down user so I mainly use Deadpool and X. My third one is currently Iron Man, just because, well damn, it’s iron man lol. But I’m not that great with him or can combo well either so I need some other person.

For the assists, I use Deadpools quick work, x23’s crescent, and Iron Man’s repulsor.

This is my first MVC game so I’m not that familiar with certain terms, but hopefully with this game I’ll be able to get into it. Thanks for any help. :slight_smile:

I’m having a lot of trouble finding good matches for my x23. right now i’m messing around with x23/doom/ammy with x23 on point but i feel like i’m not getting enough damage out of it until I get doom on the screen.

any suggestions?

If you’re interested in rushing down, I don’t think your team is gonna work out. Remember, rushing down involves getting in on your opponent, and you’re obviously going to want to get in as safely as possible. So, before any other team adjustments, you should probably look into adding some sort of projectile assist (Ironman’s Unibeam would do, since you’re already playing him) that’ll give X-23 the cover fire she needs in order to close the distance.

I’m not an experienced player like most of you guys, but i played with X23 since day one and yeah…i agree with you fully. She dies too fast and does too little damage without meter (compared to many other chars) to be used on point versus a good player.

Right now i’m running with Wesker/X23/Hulk or random. Hulk is there just cause i haven’t chosed the third member of my team, and to cover my ass with rock assist and high health for those bad moments you know.

Problem is i can’t chose betwen a long range assit to cover my rushdown (which is vital for X23), or an OTG type of assist. I tryed a bit with Wesker low one but it didn’t seem to work to well or giving X options to set up something interesting beside a couple hits or a hyper (which she can do by herself, so kinda useless).
Obv this might be an issue caused by my noobness at this game :smiley:

So if you guys have any suggestions for a third member for my team or even general suggestion id appreciate it :slight_smile:

Akuma has frame advantage on block, any other suggestions? I know you can push back, but if he does it with an assist, well you know how that works.

I’ve been using X-23 with a couple of characters.

I’ve mainly been using her with Trish, Chun Li, Morrigan, Felicia and a couple others.

I really want to build a team with her and Trish, but I can’t decide on another person to compliment my team. I love Chun but I kind of miss having the ability to get past projectiles with ease. I can fly right over spammers using Morrigan. I’ll probably end up dropping Felicia yet but I don’t know.

I really just want a multi hit assist character. I have the projectile covered with Trish using Low Voltage and it works very well.

I’m hearing from a lot of people that they don’t play her on point. I do mainly because she’s the only character I’ve mastered thus far, but regarding her low damage without meter problem, one feint loop combo gives her enough meter to one combo kill most characters (starting from one meter), but keep in mind that she really is meant to need to land two combos to kill because of her mixup game and speed. It’s supposed to be harder to kill from one combo because she has an easier time landing them than someone like Chris or Hulk.

Just remember this golden rule: If you’re not killing in two combos, you’re doing something wrong.

I have been running X-23 (b), C.Viper (y), Akuma (b) and went into a tourney and made 3rd place (Guy was running the same team except he replaced C.Viper for Chun (y)). I feel as though once Akuma is out (due to snapbacks or poor assist calling) then there is no way i can keep pressure on. so im taking out c.viper (might make a team composed around her cause she is FUN). So I’m think Ironman would be a good fit since he covers the whole field and from their u can do mix ups. Dante with his jam session is nice to keep them in guard stun too. Also I feel once you slip up one with X-23 then there is going to be DAMAGE dealt to her, BADLY. idk. what you guys think?