MvC3: I'm the Second Best at What I Do: The X-23 Team-Building Thread

I run Spencer (Slant Shot), X-23 (Ankle Slice), and Doom (Molecular Shield).

The funnest mixup I enjoy doing is calling molecular shield, then charging for the Decapitating Slice. x-23 will get there before the rocks do. Minds get fucked.

Otherwise, I hide behind Doom Rocks just to get in pretty freely. Spencer’s on point simply to deal tons of damage, while using x-23 to do mixups.

yea chef borjan i feel like thor is pretty underrated right now
mighty smash assist is really good and can be somewhat spammed because of his high health to get people out of the air and also a full ground series if it hits right for x23. After an air combo the screen pull knockdown your otg ankle slice + assist mighty smash allows you to S launch again or go into weapon x plus he doesn’t need meter so she and trish can use it all.Trish gets helped by ankle slice and her round trips to tag out can help thor and X23 get in

Been using Zero(shippuga) / X-23 (ankle slice) / Morrigan (dark harmonizer) with some moderate success, but very poor defenses against a straight-up rushdown team and overall low health. Still, Zero and X-23 have some great synergy since Rage Trigger combos nicely into Rekouha.

I’ve also tried dropping Zero for Tron (a la ClakeyD) and that’s been a lot of fun.

1. Just jump straight up. X has got the speed advantage and can definitely start rushdown… In theory, yet to practice…
    Though I’m with you on that Haggar bullshit. I can’t figure out a way around that steel pipe. The best thing to do was to wait for an opening and take it, in the mean time defend myself with wave dashing away and keep-away assists.
    I’m still working @ this game since this isn’t the MvC game I got to be good at because I was 10 when MvC2 came out got lost in Tekken for a while.
    My current squad is X-23, Wesker/Dante, Sent (Spencer if I just feel like fuckin with you with that invincible as punch. Punch and kill Zero or Ammy with that shit. Damn funny.)
    But on the X-23 note, I find that her talon dive is only best used once it’s not expected. With X, speed and space are her key factors. Also, when it comes to heavier characters, the best tactic is to get your hits in, then run. It’s a bitch move, but I have a feeling it’s how she’s meant to be played.

I know its pretty common knowledge, but for those who don’t know. Against Sentinel spammers you can Weapon X Prime fullscreen to go through Sentinels H lazer move since her hyper has full projectile invincibility. Also j.M Talon Attack to get in on them. You can do any combo into Ankle Slicer full charge into Weapon X Prime for decent damage. MFC is GDLK against Sentinel since he has such a huge hitbox.

I only post this because I ran into quite a few Sentinels today and they really made me angry. lol. Please don’t flame me because this might of been posted before. Just trying to help anyone whom does not know about that yet.

I’m using X-23, Morrigan & Iron Man currently, but at the moment I keep getting my ass handed to me a lot online. I used to lead with Morrigan, but I switched to X as I feel I’m better with her, but my problem lies with how I start my fights. I’m not a new player to fighting (I played MvC2 to death) but equally I wouldn’t call myself a veteran either. Does anyone have any tips that would help my start of fights?

It really depends on how you are getting beat. What do you find is your biggest weakness? Are you getting zoned out against keep aways or are your combo’s not hitting?

Sometimes I find that most of my issues come from being overly aggressive and attacking when I should be blocking. Other times you just have to learn each characters options of getting in on an opponent. My best advice I could give you now is to just learn your characters options first and then move on. If you are getting in on your opponent and still losing then maybe you aren’t blocking enough.

I’d say my combos aren’t hitting. From watching some fights, I’d say I go on the offensive too much. The other thing is getting out of someone’s face if they’re blocking.

Hey guys,

I’ve decided on three teams.

One of them being X-23/Taskmaster/Trish.

What assist do you think I should be using? And do you think I should swap out Taskmaster or Trish for someone else?

Yeah, I was messing around with Tron/X-23/Sentinel recently and it seems to be pretty fun. Haven’t gotten a chance to try it in an offline match yet, but even just from training mode it seems like there could be some potential there.

My team consists of X23(Ankle slicer), Magneto(Disruptor), and Viper(Seismic Hammer). I like to use Magneto for his projectile assists and use viper for otg combos. I was thinking of switching out Viper because I suck at getting combos to land with her, but I don’t know for who. I was thinking maybe Thor and use his mighty smash otg assist. Thoughts?

X-23 as main cause she seems to play a lot like Cammy to me , Chun as second and I never liked Chun but she is nuts in this game with priority, + frames on block, and instant overheads. Storm as third to break projectiles as assist and she can meter dump and is well rounded and also has awesome float overhead. Rushdown teams will take a while to figure out as zoning or just filling up a screen with projectiles while push blocking is so strong in this game but at the same time, wave dashing is also pretty strong.

IDK I tried to find a good assist synergy for X, like viper’s overhead, Trombones assists, Morrigan’s (lol Badb, my xbl is celtic badb is part of the Morrigan) hyper meter build assist is cool, Hseins invincible swing assist is strong, bvut idk, i have feeling if I put time into my group I will be able to hold my own against much stronger characters and teams but who knows maybe it will be like MvC2 where u can only use 6 guys and four teams.

May throw in Phoenix where storm is rarely just to play Pheonix. She seems pretty weak do to snap back/and random safe hyper combos one shot dark pheonix but her moves are so awesome and X and Chun can live w/o meter but with out storm the 9000000 projectiles will be a problem so may have to put Storm where Chun is and boot Chun. And if Jill helps against some matchups and isn’t as common as donte may use her from time to time if she is fun for me.

x23 is a solid rushdown character. Anyone having issues with sentinel/hulk because of super armor needs to explore her more. Standing M and crouching M both hit twice and immediately break any super armor moves, effectively taking that issue out of the game.

I’m at the conclusion that she isnt a starting character though. She’s the most threatening once she has meter, and using a point character with her as second in is the most threatening, especially since xfl2 kills everyone with simple loops, as well as the fact that if you need to dhc through projectile supers you can if your point can not.

Definitely agree with this. Been using Wesker on point since he does solid damage without having to use meter. Getting X23 in once you have 4 bars is great since the opponent is (hopefully) already softened up a bit … leaving you to finish a char and drop Dirt Nap on whoever comes in. Tons of damage that’s all but guaranteed.

X-23/Taskmaster/Trish.

What assist do you think I should be using? And do you think I should swap out Taskmaster or Trish for someone else?

I really need the advice. This is the first VS. game I’ll be playing competitively and some sound advice would be wonderful.

Taskmaster is gdlk, if you’re any good with him keep him on the team, he can do 900k damage with 1 hyper (no XF) @_@

Trish can be quite decent with x-23 from what i know, I’ve played a guy that did some neat setups with that team. other than that i dunno much about her lol

I play Storm/X/Chun.

I don’t know man… I wouldn’t recommend anybody else play this team. They’re great for as long as you don’t make mistakes. The problem is just that they don’t do enough damage, and they all bleed. If you ever make a mistake, your team is in trouble.

I’m gonna stick with them, at least for now, since I’m a masochist, but to anybody else, I’d recommend getting some power into that team. Storm/X/Sent would be sick, or Storm/X/Doom maybe. Something like that.

Yeah, Sent super armor shouldn’t be stopping you. X has a bunch of ways around it, either through her Mediums, or if you’re in range, her instant overhead shit. I do j. M-> j. Down+H-> Light Slash. Eats armor up.

You seem to be a player that enjoys speed, combos, mind games and set ups like me. Right now I’m using X23 (scythe), Akuma (Spin Kick) and Magneto (With laser assist). Akuma’s assist move keeps great pressure on characters especially in the corner which is great for X23 and he also can hold on his own in a fight not to mention his Hadoken super is great after air combos. Magneto right now is really not doing much, but I do enjoy his slide kick into special setup I just need to learn his combos and his air dashing. I’m really looking at Wesker though he has amazing combos and awesome health, plus his teleporting is great for mix-ups I just don’t like the character he’s really boring which has always affected my teams before at tournament level that’s why I never use sentinel he’s just not cool to me…but oh well anyways. X23/Akuma/Wesker

Thanks!

What assist should I be using with him for X23?

I was wondering about this as well. I’m leaning towards using Ankle Slice because Taskmaster can use his Web Swing to set up unblockables with it.