MvC3: I'm the Second Best at What I Do: The X-23 Team-Building Thread

ohai

I can get in ok, since the team is not about playing keepaway full screen but more about playing keepaway mid screen, and once I realized this our games basically became like playing SF footsies lol. So in other words, I’m usually within dash-in range, so no need to wave dash.

I have not yet tried TK-ing her talon attack. But let’s say I use it to get in, now how do I stop him from mashing st.:h:?

I can only use it once or twice before he catches on and just neutral jumps or jumps back. I can try making some mixups out of it, like mirage feint cancel (looks like any of her other charged moves) into medium mirage to cross under. But again this is risky, since I have terrible luck stopping his throw/armored heavy spam. And then add the risk of him calling a haggar assist while in the air.

Hops (heavy mirage feint?) might get you out of throws, but it doesn’t stop armored moves at all. In fact, after these 100+ games, I’d recommend not going for any hop mixups due to the risk involved (that risk being complete death of your point character).

After another bunch more games, I’ve found that dashing in and out to bait his haggar assist and st.:h: works well, but requires you to be very very on point with your spacing and timing. Again I want to emphasize that one mistake is basically going to mean the death of X-23. Speaking of baiting assists, what would be X-23’s best assist punish? I can’t go into any hypers since his point character will just block/punish. The best I’ve been able to do is charged neck slice or ankle slice and mash backdash so I don’t get punished. Though I think I haven’t been punished yet only because my friend has no clue he has other buttons besides st.:h: and :s:

Apparently, according to the SRK wiki, Hulk/Haggar/Sent is the perfect hard counter to a rush down team:
Marvel vs Capcom 3/Game Elements/Character Selection - Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!

Dunno if it’s been said but if you throw sent assist a out before you otg with charged ankle slicer then it will hit after and give you a free launcher into another otg charged ankle slicer xx rage trigger. If you start out with 3 bars vs a character coming in and you dirt nap, you can use this to extend the combo and should be able to build enough meter for rage trigger on the end.

i was thinking, x-23/ironman/sent

sent on rocket punch assist and ironman on beam

use beam assist to help x-23 get in (or if u get pushblocked, use it to help u get back in) and then use sent otg rocket punch to extend combos, plus u can DHC in angled proton cannon

Hey guys,

Decided to pick the game competitively alongside SSF4.

My two X-23 teams consist of X-23/Phoenix/Spiderman and X-23/Wesker/Dante.

I’m really fond of Phoenix’s tk shot and Spidey’s web-ball assist.

Thoughts?

Sup guys,

I’m sticking with X-23/Wesker (Gun)/Doom (Rocks) for my team. I’ve tried out chuns kicks and all that jazz but for me nothing works better than doom/wesker. From what i’ve seen and played, X builds meter crazy fast and a basic otg with wesker does about half life on most characters. I was only able to play for about 4 hours tho so i couldnt get much in but x/wesker setup is pretty scary damage wise. Doom…well…he’s Doom. Nothing really to say about him. X-factor Doom spells death…but then again so does everybody. I’ve been working on a infinite on sentinal with X-23 but i cant really figure out what im missing. Any thoughts? Besides j.light, j.light, j.heavy, nothing seems to keep him in hit stun before the player can block again, unless they just think its an infinite lol

Yeah. Wesker seems to compliment X-23 as a good secondary back up offensive character (low assist for me so I can mess with OTG related shit). Especially if your goal is to keep the forward momentum going when she needs to get out. He has his own ways of doing similar directional mind games with all his teleport options and unlike X, he has a psuedo-projectile (gun…which can then link to a quick teleport…which is sexy). I’m having issues finding a good third. Started with Sentinel (charge), moved to Magneto (Beam), moved to Iron Man (Beam)…now I’m with Dormammu (Black Hole). I gave up a horizontal momentum assist for something that sticks around for a bit…but you gotta space the opponent right in order for it to be effective. Hrm. shrug…I dunno. Just ranting.

I know what you mean. Although i have doom, i rarely find myself using his assist that much cuz x-23 is always in their face. I dont own the game yet so when i do get a chance to play, i’ll try out some other characters that arent dante/sent for another assist. X-23/Wesker is godlike damage and i think is the optimal setup for anybody not playing sent. Assist wise is whatever suits you, whether gun otg or wallbounce trickery, i personally havent seen anything that DOESNT work. I’ve honestly never tried to combo into dirt nap though. Looks broken from the videos i’ve seen.

My team is X-23/Deadpool/Doom, with Super Skrull being a replacement for Doom. With Deadpool, I use Katana Rama, Missiles for Doom, Tenderizer for Skrull and Ankle Slicer for X-23. Other than X-23, am I using the right assists to cover 23’s rush down?

Tasky is a good one for X-23, not the best projectile assist. Y assist is good for when you want to rush down and if you make a mistake the arrows will cover you. Hulk is deceptivly good team member for X-23 as well. I’ve seen a few online folks rolling Tasky and X-23 a lot.

Possibly the best way to punish his Haggar assist is to use an assist of your own, I use Iron Man so his Beam would smack Haggar in the face. Im pretty sure if I tried to hit Haggar with X I’d lose because I think Haggar as Super Armor on that. Not positive though.

You can also try baiting out the mashed :H:. Theres about a 2 or 3 second window in which he’s able to get another :H: off so I would say dashing and back is the best option then punish him with a quick dash in :l::m::h: combo of your choosing. He won’t be able to call in any assists while you’re smacking him.

Have to test but I think the :l: hop gets you out of throws too.

Right now, I’m rocking X-23 (ankle slice), Iron Man (UniBeam), Chun Li (Legs). Unibeam provides some good coverwhile I wavedash, hop, superjump, or talon to get in, and Legs pins them down or pushes them away. When not on point, X-23’s ankle slice creates some good otg options. Though I wonder if there is a more effective option than Iron Man. Any ideas?

i’m rolling with deadpool/x23/wesker

but my Deadpool is pretty weak at the moment so he’s not a permanent character…
I like the teamwork between wesker and x23 they can both otg themselves meaning that unless you want to save meter as x23 you don’t need to assist as often mid combo. I like Weskers lvl and the fact that i can get it out of any x23 combo too.

I’m focussing on improving my Deadpool, but all i ever find are projecctile zoners, so i never really get a chance =(
If deadpool doesn’t work out, i may switch to Storm for her whilwind assist.

I’m using X-23 (ankle), Taskmaster (horizontal arrows) and right now my third is Trish (but she overlaps with Taskmaster in counters imo and will prolly switch out…)

I like how X-23 and Taskmaster synergize with each other, X-23 giving him unblockable setups (LMH+6H and assist same time, time j.MM as she hits her low), and Taskmaster with horizontal arrows allow for easy mixups.

~ I do L[press taskassist]M, cr.M (or mirage feint if they are pushblocking), after the cr.M (on hit OR block), you can do L or M mirage feint (and hold M slightly to make taskmaster assist not cross up), and easily confirm into MH > loop bnb. Oh yeah and you can L feint as task comes in, and grab them just before arrows hit, or wave dash in after M and do instant d+h (is that even an overhead? I dont know) And they DHC well into each other (vertical arrow super after x-23 spin super does huge damage). Loop bnb into 236LM into 236MH does 710ish damage. Taskmaster can be DHC’d into from all X-23 supers for full damage as well.

Really undecided on a third though. Hulk AA assist maybe? Would work for both characters and he’s good vs rushdown.

I’m really bad at the game though, this is mostly training mode stuff.

I’m rocking X (ankle), chun (legs) and spidey (?) and I’m wondering if web ball can make any decent options with X. I’m also having trouble figuring out what to combo when I do get an ankle slice off as I’m a MvC noob (played brawl competitively for 2 years so this is quite different) and all the combos are far from intuitive at this point… So in essence what can I do out of ankle slice on point or off ankle assist?

Right now my team is Zero/X-23/Ryu and I’m having some trouble deciding upon assists… I’m definitely sure that I want to use Ankle Slicer for X-23, however I’m not sure what I should be using for Zero and Ryu. I typically start off the match with Zero, land a combo and chain it to his shadow afterimage super, then immediately switch out to X-23 so I can use Zero as an assist with his clone. Zero’s Hadangeki projectile(with the clone) assist seems to really help X-23 get in on the opponent and makes Ryu’s keepaway game that much more annoying. But Zero’s ryuenjin assist is also nice because with the clone it essentially becomes a dragon punch with hyper armor.

With Ryu, I don’t really have any idea. His hadoken assist can really help Zero if I feel like playing keep away. His shoryuken can be nice for getting some pressure off of me. And his Tatsumaki Senpuukayku assist also seems like it can help Zero and X-23 get in on opponents, but it also seems like it can be a really risky move. :confused:

So yeah… Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I generally play Iron Man on point but I always have X-23 on the team as well and place her on point sometimes too.

That said I’ve found Doom’s hidden missiles to be one of the greatest assists for her to get in. The missiles are so nice because they hit people even if they jump or move and also interrupt the opponent if they manage to hit you. Also having Iron Man’s beam helps for cross ups as well.

I roll with with x-23, hsienko, and morrigan.

Hsienko always armor hypers and tags out first. This gives my point character an assist that goes through everything and your mom, stops hypers, hits from behind if you fall on it, and blocks all the screen so you can’t see what’s going on.

With x-23 mirage is sick. People can’t see where shes jumping and they’re forced to block. Only a few hypers I’ve seen go through the assist so you’re free to charge in.

X-23 has a lot of ways to confuse, and my morrigan plays games with her flying and dash. I love it.

I’m a fan

I have been using X-23 (Ankle Slice)/Trish (Hopscotch)/Tron (Bonne Strike)

I’ve been winning a few matches although I have a hard time against beam spams a bit.

X-23 ankle slice, Thor mighty smash and Trish low voltage. crazy to see how many people play x23/wesker which I wanted to play before the game came out but she seems to downgrade Wesker’s potential more than anything. I feel like right now x23 basically needs assist to keep people out the air and to get close so she can abuse her crazy ground game.

Ha, thats my EXACT team. Nice one. I put Thor on point though, since I feel he can do some really nice damage without meter (and silly damage if he decides to even burn one bar), can take a fair beating too allowing me to figure out my opponent a bit. I use X-23’s otg ankle slice to continue combos after sending them back down. The good thing about that is if I continue comboing they are usually in/very near the corner, exactly where Thor wants them to be. X-23’s ankle slice allows for the opponent to be scared of a high low mixup game and being hesitant to press buttons, perfect for letting thor get close and go for grabs.

When thor has taken enough hits, I switch out for Trish, who is second She can play an extremely good keep away and zoning game, allowing Thor to get his red health back. Again, X-23’s assist nicely allows me to continue with combos, and thor’s mighty smash is also very useful. Another thing is that after a basic air combo with Trish into her maximum voltage super, I can DHC back into Mighty Hurricane for some very nice damage. (I should have a decent amount of super meter to burn this, as like I said I don’t really use it that much with Thor unless I want to kill a character. I’ve found that people tag out quickly after I hit them with a combo ending with mighty hurricane, and they end up getting a huge part of their red health left.).

Once the first two go down, I have X-23 to do her thing with level 3 X-factor (usually activated after I land one combo, to XFC and finish them off an troublesome characters), and hopefully 3 super meter bars for Dirt Nap, a great move to activate when you down one opponent to hit the incoming next character with. Sure, X-23 could really do with assists to help her get in, but once she’s on lv.3 XF… If I work at it against most characters its not a problem.