MvC3: I'm the Second Best at What I Do: The X-23 Team-Building Thread

Thank you very kindly. I will definitely try Hulk alpha out tonight. :slight_smile: Not against trying Sentinel either.

I didn’t know Doom’s beam could be used defensively to eat projectiles, learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip.

As for X-23’s level 3 I don’t think it’s too much of a bad idea to just save the meter for Sentinel himself. Sentinel with full stock seems to be extremely adept at chipping people to death if you lose X-23.

My team thus far has been X-23 (Ankle Slicer) Thor (Mighty Strike) Chun (Legs). Not played too much versus/online yet but it’s worked all right for me. Mighty Strike does a decent job of covering for me while I wavedash in with X-23. And of course Chun’s assist is gdlk.

I imagine I’ll probably have some trouble with good zoning teams though because I don’t have much ranged capability. I suppose I could switch to the Thunder Spark assist with Thor but it seems to come out awful slow. I chose my team based on characters I dug though as opposed to overall power level so I’ll just have to find a way around it

CrOsSaNt - spot on advice about Hulk a. :slight_smile: It’s an awesome “Get off of me” button. Instead of using X-23’s built meter for Phoenix it’s letting me devote more to Viper and X-23’s post-aircombo ankle slice charge ultras.

My current team is X-23 (Crescent Scythe), Deadpool (Katana-rama), and ???. I am looking around the cast to try and find a good assist to cover the front as X rushes down. I was thinking Iron Man (Unibeam) but he’s really slow and doesn’t seem to work that well against characters like Arthur. I tried using Zero (Hadangeki) originally but had a similar problem.

Motorack :: If speed of the assist is an issue, perhaps Doom’s beam? Or if you want good coverage Doom Rocks?

hey guys, what’s the best way to deal with spammed Chun lightning legs with X-23? I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out how to break through. Is there anything that she can do other than cross-ups?

Off the top of my head, I think if you cover with an assist and use Mirage Feints to get behind, you should be able to take her down.

Glad it worked out for ya! Hulk is also pretty good against sent. He just has issues getting in on the opponent

If you are getting pressured by Chun then just use your push guard and use her talon attack in the air to either pressure back or escape to the other side of the screen. If you need help breaking through her defense then you need to do what Shaynringan said and use your assist to keep the block string going and get in OTG with a talon attack or ankle slicer

Right now I’m experimenting with Team H.A.X Beta. Hsien-Ko, Amaterasu and X-23 all using Beta assist.

thanks for the tips guys. I’ll try those strategies tonight.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking Doom would really help X-23 get in. I was also hoping to add Jill to my team when she gets released but I’ll have to see how she plays and if she complements X-23. Until then I’ll have to experiment with different assists that can cover the screen and make the advancing a little easier.

I’m quite liking my team H.A.X so far, Ammy’s assist lets me combo into LV3 after X-23’s OTG, which allows me to follow up with another OTG :slight_smile:

Hsien-Ko’s assist also seems to be quite useful in the corner if I combine it with M Mirage Feint, the slow movement of the projectile lets me push the opponent into it when X-23 forces them out of the corner.

The team I’m using at the moment is X-23/Zero/Doom. X-23 with her ankle slicer, Zero with his uppercut and Doom with his hidden missles. The hidden missles force the opponent to block due to fear of getting stuck in a really long combo. Also with Zero on point using X-23 assist when using Zeros jumping C it is really difficult to block so its hard for the opponent to get out of the preasure, and even when you get pushed out with an advance gaurd X-23 will cover the approach again and Zero helps build alot of meter to make using her lvl 3 really nice for that huge chunk of dmg.

[media=youtube]Y0YewZ6YewY&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Just to see what everyone was complaining about I picked X23, Amaterasu(coldstar), and Doom(hidden missiles) and I have to say that fights are a lot easier than they should be. With Amaterasu holding them there forever, and Doom interupting their every combo I felt guilty.

PS-I’ve fought Sentinel a lot, and I still can’t figure what everyone’s complaining about. He only has one attack that can go full screen, Yeah his moves have some kind of super armor, but you can set up anything in his recovery time. He doesn’t seem like anything special to me.

My main team so far is X-23(Ankle slicer), Hulk(Gamma wave), And Wesker (Jaguar kick or Samurai edge) You know… for those cold days when i wanna shoot some people. Really liking her on point.

Ok guys, I need some help.

I’ve been rolling X-23 (ankle), Chun (LLegs), Sent (HFC) and I played my friend’s team Hulk (GC up), Haggar (lariat), Sent (HFC) basically like ft100. It came out to about 35-65 in his favor. Neither of us are vs series veterans, but I definitely think I was the better player as I had to try 10x as hard to win.

1. At the start of the match, he basically walks up with Hulk and mashes throw. If I jump away, then he gets a free blocking heavy which also means he gets his Sent assist out first. Any ideas on wtf to do?

2. Both Hulk and Haggar have armored moves which most of the time completely stop my rushdown. If I know he’s mashing standing heavy, how do I punish/get around it?

3. He basically would play a keepaway game with Hulk with gamma wave spam. Hulk def isn’t a good keepaway character, but his armored heavy (which seems like it doubles as option select throw) and invincible Haggar assist makes it incredibly difficult to stay in. I’ve tried:
    -SJ (after calling Sent assist) j.:h:/j.:m:
    -same as above but with doing talon dive, which almost always ended up blocked and punished with a mash throw
    -walking/dashing forward and simply running into gamma wave spam + Sent assist

4. If I make one mistake on my rushdown, or heck if I just try for a reset, Hulk’s mashed heavy comes out which blows through anything I have it seems, followed by launcher followed by 2x aerial exchange into Sent’s braindead ground bounce > OTG rocket punch > HSF. And if I happen to be in the corner, HSF is followed up by Plasma storm and then DHC-ed if he has any more meter. By then my character is usually almost dead, or guaranteed dead if he spends his X factor. It seems the only way to stop this nonsense is to mash special to counter aerial exchanges and hope I get lucky. If my math is correct, this means about 56% chance of stopping the 2x exchange to Sent.

5. So far, my entire game has been teamcarried by Sent, since my Sent is definitely far better than my friend’s Sent who simply spams cr.:m: and launchers all fucking day. I actually play a sort of “footsies” with Sent with j.:m:, j:h:, cr.:m:, st.:h:, etc. Sometimes I use rocket punch, but I feel it’s much safer to stay mobile when all your opponent is looking for is one armored heavy into launcher into 2x exchange into Sent HSF.

So, any ideas? Or is my team just simply hard countered by my friend’s team?

I’m really digging X-23, but I can’t really tell at the moment if she’s got good synergy with my other team members, Wesker and Dormammu.
Would X-23 work well with Wesker & Dormammu or should I look at some other character, like maybe Zero or Morrigan?

Hey Mingo sup,

So as far as getting in, not sure if you know how to wave dash, but her wave dash is SUPER QUICK and travels far. from complete fullscreen it only takes three and you’re right in there face. so wave dashing in and out is a good way to stay on top of get away from your opponent.

Also some other ways to get in would be to TK her Medium Talon Attack. Its only viable if you are about quarter screen away otherwise you can get pretty easily swatted out the sky. On hit or block you can cancel into Down Heavy and continue to attack or block.

One other god way of getting in if your friend is just mashing buttons would be her full screen command grab. that way you can either combo or reset the pace so you can be right on top of your character.

Dealing with throws her hops usually get me out of them but havent tested if this works the best.

No reason you can’t have a team that utilizes both. I have one team that is Wesker/X-23/Deadpool and another that substitutes X-23 for Zero. Mainly because I don’t want two rush down characters with below average health on one team.