MvC3: I'm the Second Best at What I Do: The X-23 Team-Building Thread

My team right now is Zero/X-23/Ammy. Pairing Ankle Slice with Zero’s mixups really helps with getting in, and Ammy’s Cold Star assist is great for locking down the opponent and leaving them open for mixups. The only problem would be Zero doesn’t have that great of assists so I have to work extra hard when Ammy gets taken out and X is on point. But I love this team so far.

Right now I’m running,
X23 (ankle), Dante(jam), Doom(missiles).

Doom assist with X on point is pretty scary.
Dante basically performs backup, since he’s got an answer for virtually everything.
Rage Trigger DHC Dante is pretty good as well.

I have been running X-23(Ankle Slicer), Dr Doom(Rocks), Dormammu(Purification).

Doom rocks gives some healthy coverage for approaches and can add combo fodder and Purification can act in similar ways. In the same way I occasionally swap Doom and X-23’s positions in my lineup and it provides good Mixups for Doom and can help drive my offense.

X-23/Sent/Deadpool

Sent Drones can setup many ambiguous ground cross ups and some unblockables. Deadpool is there for an extra combo extender and works nicely as an alternate point character to do keep away if I have to.

Eh, I’ve been using X-23 on point because she’s my favorite character, but I might switch up that order later on after I can do some more experimentation with both ways. The way I see it, I use X-23 to get in some damage off the bat, and switch over to Wesker once the opponent has built some meter (I’m more scared about big-damage DHC/XF combos in the mid-game than early on). Assist-wise, almost all of them seem useful in some way, so I can’t quite decide yet which I would want to stick with. I do like Ghost Butterfly, but I don’t know if there are combos that you can only do with Jaguar Kick.

My usual disclaimer that I’m not an expert, though, so don’t take anything I say as pro strats.

I had no intention of playing x-23… Then I played some of her missions and instantly fell in love.

I’ve been using X-23(Ankle)/Dorm(Pillar/Hole not sure)/Combination of Chun/Skrull/Morrigan for my third.

For those that are having Dorm in the party, do you find the hole assist to be better? I’ve been using pillar, but it comes out sooo slow. Chun and Skull at least have the close assists… The meter building from Morrigan is nice. I haven’t really settled yet. I need to try out storm today…maybe Dante too.

I wasn’t even thinking of playing her either, but she’s so fun. I’ve tried almost all the characters and X-23 is the only one who has stood out as a definite main for me.

really not sure how to build a team around her, but I’m thinking my second member might be Tron for three reasons: drill assist would be sexy for Mirage Feint shenanigans, high stamina on at least one character is nice, and I love Tron.

third character though, I have no idea. Chun Li’s lightning kick assist is fun, but seems redundant paired with Tron’s drill. a projectile assist is always a good option, maybe Storm? I have a lot of messing around to do before I settle on a main team.

Hey folks.

I’m from England so the game isn’t released yet, but I’ve been thinking a lot about my team!

I’m a complete newb and haven’t really played MvC before so this may sound incredibly stupid, but I’m thinking of having my team as;

X-23 (Crescent Slice), Wesker (Jaguar Kick) and Iron Man (Unibeam).

Does that sound buyable?

When in doubt, Sentinel-A.

I’ve been experimenting with X-23/Hulk/Morrigan lately and I like the combination a lot since it gives me a rushdown, a tank, and a bit of an all arounder. But I’m still not QUITE sure how well they can all work together. Hulk benefits from X-23’s OTG assist tremendously but what what should I give Hulk? I’ve mostly been sticking with Morrigan’s meter builder, but if there’s a better option I’ll go with it. Maybe Soul Fist to help X-23 move forward?

I’ve been going X23/Sentinel/Doom. Doom’s missiles and Sentinels drones really do help lame it out against mashers(the only people i’ve been running into lately). I actually prefer the missiles over rocks now.

Damn Wednesday night fights was so hype. Clakey D using X-23 & Tron was sooooo crazy otg all day i swear it didn’t stop and all that meter building from Morrigan just gave it more damage. I’m gonna try out X-23/Tron/Ammy. Tron has pretty high health for being very mobile and fast o.O

Copied and pasted from the post I made in the Chun thread

I am running X-23, Storm, Chun. Chun’s leg assist provides amazing cover/pressure to aid X and Storm’s rush down, as well as helping Storm if she needs to run away for a bit.

X-23 is using the ankle slicer assist, which allows for high/low setups with Chun and Storm.

Both X-23 and Storm can combo into a Super after an air combo (X with Ankle Slicer OTG xx Super, Storm with OTG Ice Storm), and there are many situations where you can DHC into Chun’s launcher super. (It’s kinda hard to explain when you can and can’t… kind of a feeling thing I am still experimenting with.)

Finally, Chun’s legs assist makes an insane corner trap in conjunction with X-23’s Invisibility super when a new opponent comes out after a KO.

Given that I have a loose knowledge on what I am doing in this game but this is the team that I have been using so far:
Deadpool Katana Rama Assist/X-23 Crescent Slice Assist/Ammy Cold Star Assist

I was using Deadpool’s assist for hitting low while I was hitting high and Ammy’s Assist for when my opponent uses a jump for an approach. Now, given that the assists that I have chosen may have some better reason for being used or they may be the wrong ones to use, I just don’t know.

I’ve been using X23 (a slicer), Chun (legs), Ammy (cold star)

Ammy’s assist lasts long enough to dash up and get in, and you can land an easy full combo from a distance on hit. Chun’s assist is obviously good for keeping up pressure, and it’s easy to take advantage of X23’s high/low setup with Chun.

I just need to learn how to OTG with X23’s assist and how to be aggressive with Ammy. I do have a feeling this team is lacking health too much though.

I’m using that exact same team. That hyper armored Hsien assist with X23’s hops is pretty much free on everyone I’ve played so far. That shit is so hard to comprehend, especially in the corner. Just start by using B hop and once they finally stop falling for it, just switch to A or C. SO GOOD.

Hi everyone. Kinda scrubby at this but hoping to learn. :slight_smile:

I’ve been picking up X-23’s missions and combos relatively easy which is surprising for me since I’m generally bad at fighters. My current favored team is using C.Viper (Burn Kick) as point, X-23 (Ankle Slicer) and Phoenix (TK Shot).

For X-23 herself I noticed Ankle Slice seems to compliment Viper by hitting low and OTG and Viper herself seems to support X-23 with her high hitting burn kick complimenting my predominatly low approach. Usually, with X or Viper supporting the other in a blitz I can guarantee a knockdown and/or launch and just unleash meter building hell.

My general strat so far is to use Viper to throw off the opponent’s rhythm immediately (lots of people online dont seem to know how to handle or expect her aerial burning kicks yet) and switch into X-23 thru Team Aerial and followup with X-23’s rush down game… she builds up a lot of meter quickly for Phoenix from what I’ve seen, and if Operation: Dark Phoenix fails, I can instead use the meter which Viper eats like Rufus on a bowl of Reese’s Pieces.

In general I either stick with X-23 if it’s working or switch out to Viper again to just put the mind screws on. My execution of this is horrible in most cases (embarassing win/loss ratio) and barring the obvious execution mistakes (I need to stop calling Phoenix into Hyper Sentinel Force =/ ) I think I can make this team work with proper assist selections.

I love Viper-X23 synergy but am at the point where I might just ditch Phoenix for someone less fragile with a more stable ranged game. Are any of Phoenix’s assists suitable for helping X-23? Or am I better off sticking with Viper-X23 until I get her to Dark Phoenix? Or just ditch Phoenix entirely for someone like Doom?

Thanks for the help… :slight_smile:

I’ve been having fun with X-23 [Ankle Slice], Sentinel [Sentinel Force Charge], and Phoenix [TK Trap].

I try to mix-up the opponent with Mirage Feint and Sent’s assist (as it’s really good and lasts a good amount of time). Or if I’ve tagged Sentinel I occasionally jump in to use X-23’s assist to hit low while I go high. Ultimately trying to conserve meter for Phoenix.

I haven’t had much luck with X-23’s Level 3 super. Though I’m a bit concerned I’m missing a really vital part of her game by just using the sporadic level 1 with her and Sentinel?

I’m not very good playing with her yet and I’m still kinda scrubby. However, I find that having either a long lasting ground assist to cover your approach if you aren’t confident with your ability to get into your opponets face without any help. Hulk’s alpha assist is suprisingly good at keeping people out of your face on the ground and he’s a meaty character (that is if you don’t want to try sent). Unless your confident in your ability with phoenix I would go with someone who can anchor you with brute strength or a character who can bait the opponet to get in on you then tag in X-23 or Viper to get some damage.

Lots of great ideas in here. Right now, I am using Hsien-Ko (first assist, the one where she swings), X-23, and Doom (plasma beam.) I start with Hsien-Ko, use her hyper armor power up, and tag her out. From mid-screen and closer, Hsien-Ko’s swing assist while armored is amazing at helping X-23 get in because while armored, Hsien-Ko cannot be stopped. If you’re fast and time it right, you can also start a combo after people get hit by Hsien-Ko’s swing. I have also had the swing save me when I screw up, like if Deadpool gets me in his gun super, Hsien-Ko plows in and stops him. The use of Doom is obvious; his plasma beam has a fairly fast startup, full range, and eats most other projectiles.

There are obvious drawbacks to this strat. A smart player will try to punish Hsien-Ko, so you shouldn’t call her out recklessly. Try to make sure X-23 is fairly close so you can run in and simultaneously start trying to beat on the opponent while Hsien-Ko is mid-swing. Also, people will catch on quickly that you are trying to armor and then tag out Hsien-Ko. It takes some strategy to work it, but once you have it all set up, it’s potentially very good.