MvC3: I'm the Second Best at What I Do: The X-23 Team-Building Thread

I’m planning on using a team of Wesker (Samurai Edge), X-23 (Crescent Scythe), and Trish (Low Voltage). Is this a theoretically good setup?

well, Zero is hella of a crappy assist for x-23… didnt do shit for me, Dorm’s assists are good so I’ll keep that.
good assists for x-23 are basically anything that feel the screen so you can get in on the wall of projectiles/zoning. Sent’s Bomb assist is good, Storm’s Whirlwind is good, Mag’s Disruptor is good, Hsein-Ko’s swing is AMAZING with the super armor power-up, and so on.

Gonna have to re-adjust my team to see the 2 best possible assists.

Reinstating this now, Chun’s Lightning legs is amazing for X-23. Got her out of sticky situations and helped me to keep up the pressure. Tried out X23/Deadpool/Chun.

Right now I’m thinking of using X-23 |Ankle Slicer | , Sentinel | Sentinel Force (Bomb) | , Morrigan | Dark Harmonizer |

Morrigan’s Dark Harmonizer let’s me be sure I always have meter to do the combo’s/chip I need. Sentinel to cover my a$$ when I need to get in and keep my enemy at bay. As well I use x-23’s ankle slicer for AA.

I was also thinking of going X-23 |Ankle Slicer | , Sentinel | Sentinel Force (Bomb) | , Chun Li |Lightning Legs |

Was just wondering, how come Ankle Slicer and not Crescent Scythe? Sent and X can otg by themselves and Chun will be using exchange.

Good point,my bad. Thanks bro. :slight_smile: I didn’t think of that.

No prob, was thinkin the same thing myself except with Wesker,then again there are unblockables, hmm. I think I’m going to play X-23-Y/Storm-A/Wesker-Y (Crescent Scythe/Whirlwind/Jaguar Kick) though.

X-23 / Jill / Dormammu.

Im just going to be working on getting solid with X-23 and Dorm while im waiting for Jill.

You heard it here first.

X-23/???/Sentinel.

I can’t find who has good synergy with her. I might wait for Jill since she kinda looks like a good rushdown chick.

X-23 (Crescent Slice) , Deadpool (Katana Rama) , Sentinel (Sentinel Force Bomb)

This is my final team. X-23 on point to rush down and gain great meter, Deadpool can Katana Rama OTG so I can link off X-23’s lv3 hyper in certain situations into her Dirt Nap if need be. Sentinel cover’s both X-23 and Deadpool’s behinds fairy decent with his drone bombs so they can get in. Also great to shoot those drones with sentinel assist and use X-23’s Hop mixups. :stuck_out_tongue:

Been playing this game for the past couple of days, the team with X-23 I’ve been using is Wolverine/X-23/Sentinel.

Been using Sentinel to help her get in, and Wolverine(when I can) with Berserker Barrage to do her side switching hop shenanigans.

Been having surprising success against projectile happy players/Sentinel with the lockdown provided with this team and her hops/command grab into combos.

go with Drones not bombs, thats a much better assist and helps out x-23 more coz it covers your dives from above too. otherwise, thats a pretty solid team mate :]

Yeah, I’m now running Wesker/x-23/Sent.

Those sent drones are way too good, and he’s awesome with lvl 3 X -Factor trump card.

Yeah, I’ve been running this team for a few days, and have had really good luck with it. My only complaint is that Wesker/X-23’s DHC synergy could be better, but their assists work well enough together and on their own both characters are very strong. I’m pretty convinced that a Sentinel assist is godlike for any team, as well.

I havent tested Wesk out at all…what makes him so good with 23? I’ve been running 23(Crescent Slice)/Magneto(disrupter)/Sent(drones)

i like how fast disrupter is because i usually can close in space with wavedash during blockstun with either disrupter or drones…drones let me do mixups

i just wanted a general opinion of my team. so far i’ve been running dante( jam session )/x-23/(ankle slicer)/ sentinel (sent force bomb)

ok so ankle slice is for dante since you command hop cancel out of some normals and with that i’ll call x-23 to ankle slice since it’s a low and i’ll use dante’s j.s since it’s a high so i believe you can at least force a 50/50 ( or maybe unblockable? ) from the few test i done. and if it’s timed well, you’ll land both and go straight to cold shower to prop to dantes air bnb and it’s whatever. i’ll see if i can find any other applications for her assist for dante or sent.

and dante’s jam session is just an good AA ( from what i experienced at least ) and plus it helps with some of x-23 m feint hop mixups since dante assist will be at the other side of the opponent if timed to either hit them or at least put them in block stun for you to do some sort of mixup.

and imo, sentinel bombs just great for covering dante and x-23 while they try to get in to do some dirty work.

so if anyone have any suggestions or anything to say about my team setup please let me know. critical criticism is appreciated also.

Ive been using X-23, phoenix and either Deadpool or Dante. Using either deadpool’ katanrama or dante’s jam session has let me get some good pressure, but its still really early and haven’t tested out a whole lot yet.

After an hour with X-23 I notice that I have to land a lengthy combo to do the same damage that a simple Wesker ground combo can handle easily. I think a lot of you initially impressed with her will cave and go with someone easier to play because she does have serious issues getting in on people too, but I like a challenge.

That being said, here’s a nice reset trick I’ve been using to overcome damage scaling. Try doing her ground string :lp:,:d::lp:,:mp:,:d::mp:,:hp: then delay cancelling into :qcf::hp:. If you don’t delay enough you’ll jump right through them as they recover from the fall (there’s some rule written in the manuel about not being able to combo into a throw, and they’re talking it very seriously), but if you wait, the command throw will land jsut as they recover. The last hit is of course unblockable; from there you can whip out whatever combo you’d like.

Let me know if that works for you guys too, and don’t be shy about sending a friend invite. I won’t get around to fighting you for at least a week, but it’s good to get a solid list of competitors as soon as possible.

My team is X-23, Arthur, Felicia. 23 really surprised me with how fun she is to play.

What assists are you using on Wesker/X-23? I’m honestly just banking on the Sentinel assist, I haven’t really tested their assist compatibilities yet. Also, who are you using on point. I feel like Wesker right now is the better on point character because of his health, and we all know X-23 comes in after and shows the rapeface :D.