MvC3: I'm the Second Best at What I Do: The X-23 Team-Building Thread

@Bloodabeast 1:45 [media=youtube]ff1-Wwb4HJI[/media] is what I do for drones extension.

CS def. has it’s merits but I think it really shines when you have 2 assists that allow her to relaunch to make it worth the meter cost to use her as an invincible alpha counter into full combo. If you can stand it, maybe try hypergrav and drones instead of EMD? Especially since Mags doesn’t need an otg to be effective anyways. (Plus X23 really doesn’t need an OTG in 2nd slot anyways since you’ll almost always want to just xf loop a character down to get the incoming dirt nap.)

I’d also like to add that if you can perform the Magneto TAC infinite, you’d get to play with two assists if you put her on point.

@Merkyl999x it’s funny cuz i downloaded that exact video months ago and forgot about it lol

@Ryuga i’m working on the infinite still cuz my execution is still kinda butt

How I do it is put X23 in the middle and find the combo that lets you TAC right after ankle slicer so I can get to my 3rd character instead and still play X23 in the most ‘optimal’ position. I wish Mags TAC infinite was a bit better as far as damage and meter. Freaking Doom can use his swag powers to get almost 1 million with 2 long reps (even the practical one is only like 4 reps for 1 mil) I think it takes mags 6+ reps to match that even with the slap loops.

I’m always temped to go back to Dorm/X23/Doom and I probably will at some point. Dorm is just too much fun to play with EMD teleports compared to missiles and I’ve worked too hard with X23 to go full lame and just play team FChamp. Being able to get a first hit anywhere on screen, TAC to Doom for a meterless kill, throw up missiles, hard tag, dirt nap and otg with dark hole is so hard to pass up, though. :frowning:

For anyone that didn’t know, X23 can get a legitimate relaunch anywhere on screen with missiles if you do a S+assist into a quick knockdown, land and do a TA L right as the missiles start hitting to keep from carrying too far to hit with the S. Something else cool if anyone’s dabbling with missiles. If you kill in the corner, you can MF M and call doom, then jump back over the body to have him throwing missiles directly into them on incoming. Makes it much easier to use Missles to cover dirt naps or just give you incoming pressure. It’s a little tight on some kills though since it takes a bit to set up.

And for anyone playing Dorm/X23/TAC guy. In the corner you can do the flight combo to give her enough time to leave and let you TAC. Midscreen you have to do hard knockdown, land assist, slight wait, SJ tridash H, HS. If you just go straight into launch she takes too long posing for you to be able to TAC during the 2nd air combo. (The midscreen option had me scratching my head for a bit which is why I’m bothering to share.)

You should try looking at the combo thread for the mist feint h combos (too much work to type on phone, sorry) and that could give you more damage before rapid slash.

You still play BB? On ps3?

[media=youtube]JEA_JPazTMg[/media]

On ideal teams, this is what clean hits should look like. You won’t be able to get 2 relaunches at max damage/hitstun since you don’t have a way to extend after the hitstun is capped but pick whichever one of those combos you like and go with them. They’re the current optimal bnbs as of now. Without going to the lab I can’t say what the max damage you can swing with 2 relaunches from rapid slash(RS) and Repulsor Blast(RB) but the combo will most likely be 80% Crescent Scythe(CS) with as few other hits as possible to maximize the damage while keeping the hitstun low enough that they don’t tech out of the assist hits. (Personally, I would just do an long combo and relaunch once and then use either one of the assists for an oki setup since both of those assists work great for wakeup setups.) Since both of your assists work well for neutral you probably want to have an ideal combo with RB starter and RS starter, anyhow.

Even at fully capped hitstun you can still relaunch with s.S, TK CS Hxx Talon Attack(TA L) (s.S > 6239H > 236L) but they have to be low to the ground to connect before they tech after the launch. At high hitstun levels the goto relaunch is just s.S, sj.H xx CS H xx TA L. Normal sj. combo usually looks like s.S, sj.MMH, 2HxxCS HxxTA L then just start knocking stuff off the start depending on where you are in hitstun or if they’re a bit higher than normal since the hitbox for j.M is below X23 and j.H is above. Almost all of the damage and meter comes from the sj.HxxCS HxxTA L anyways.

One really good reset with RB (credit to Wandles) is if you do a full combo into hard knockdown > charged Ankle slicer then dash back and call RB + decapitating slice (236H). DS will connect before RB hits, if they press a button RB will juggle them long enough for you to combo afterwards in most situations, if they chicken block they’ll be left right above the ground at the range where X23 can wave dash under them and RB isn’t a blockstring so it’s hard to block reliably. The timing is really tight, but it’s probably possible to neutral tech > invincible super out of most setups like these, but you really don’t see that happening hardly ever.

btw Merkyl i’ve tested out that team i talked about yesterday after some thought and i really do like rocket punch over drones for X23. Once I got her MFC down that I could do a lot more experimenting with different assists to see how much damage I could get with X23 and it turns out that off of a talon loop i can get at least 730k no bar and with any other standard midscreen talon loop would get me around 600k using both assists.

i still get a good dhc with mags and i’m starting to get better TACs with the team. hopefully i can get some footage this weekend to show you

Cool. It’s all a matter of preference. Drones are more neutral centric where RP is gonna give you some more combo options. If you can find some of the match vids, Tatsu has some really good netural/oki setups with them and of course everyone loves theoretical Mags/Drones.

Have you been using anything for the X23>Mags DHC? I’ve been a little underwhelmed with the options aside from Gravity Squeeze but there’s at least some nice stuff on my team where I can do a full screen punish with Chaotic Flame > WXP > Mag. Tempest XFC > kill which is a nice thing for anchor BS. WXP > Mag. Tempest is fine but I don’t have a great way to set up WXP and it seems like at certain levels of hitstun you can catch RT > Mag. Tempest but I can’t find anything reliable. I don’t have any great setups from Mags > X23 either for that matter. They just do not like playing nice…

We’ve got a big Alabama monthly going on tomorrow and some of the ATL guys should be making it over (FR_Roachking and maybe FR_TooMuchDamage), hopefully I’ll not make a total idiot out of myself. Either 645 or TheTylerGilmore are handling streaming so I should hopefully have a few matches to post up.

Probably gonna switch over to Doom full-time after this tourney though. Put too much time into Mags to switch a week before, so he gets one last hurrah before getting the boot off my primary team.

Almost every friday night with a few drinks yeah,

oh, then add me and we could play sometime psn = Were-Wulf im still a scrub in that game though

for x23 into mags dhc i just do rage trigger xx hit before last into tempest for some decent damage (at most with relaunch combos is usually around 900k) and then when mags is on point, i have some nice setups using crescent scythe assist and meaty j:m: on incoming and when i get the hit confirm i do a full emp call RP hyper grab tempest for 900k 1bar or 1.1 mil dhc into wxp.

i had some good stuff in mind this weekend so be on the lookout monday when i upload some sets

For me personally, I like her with Drones. I think it’s essential for her to have a lock down assist in Ultimate. Disrupt is an amazing assist but I do not think its for her. I like your team idea though. Never thought Magnus and X-23 could work like that.

Overall… Drones are really good but unless you have a pick up assist to extend combos, X-23 won’t be able to keep up. Also, Laura and Magnus are reallyyyy squishy then you’re stuck with anchor sent :(.

You could switch out Mag for Wesker. Wesker drones is unbelievably strong. Just my thoughts.

I prefer drones also, but X23’s lack of putting more hitboxes on the screen makes Sentinel a huge liability touchbox. I never tried RP with X23, but it has given me some ideas lol. How does X23(CS)/Sent(RP)/Akuma(Tatsu) sound? Seems legit to me.

TAC Sent infinite is very easy to do, and Tatsu still blows up stuff and lockdowns good. I tried pairing X23 with Mags in the past, but I couldn’t get them to work together well :sad:

I also tried to get X23/Hori Arrows to work, but no cigar after a long look at it.

I’m thinking about messing around with Vergil/X23/Frank for the hell of it. Went freaking 0-2 at the tourney today (first round was against 4th place finisher, 2nd round was the Don Green, who knocked me into losers at my last tourney :confused: )

Cart with teleport is some broken shit and having the meterless level option means first touch should be a level 4 or so Frank.

Dorm/X23/Mags is fine, but I def. agree that EMD just isn’t an ideal assist for X23. It’s workable, but that’s about it. I haven’t found a single setup with it worth using in a real match.

Has anyone been able to get a relaunch off of Doom’s Plasma Beam assist in the corner? [Assist call, Ankle slice, Launch].

I’ve managed to get it once but just can’t seem to replicate it.

My vote would be for beam bouncing. Whatever combo into s.S+doom sj.HxxTA L relaunch. Better than nothing. I think the normal OTG relaunch is possible but super situational and character specific. (Dante can get hit wierdly OTG sometimes for example.)

I’ve started running X23/Dorm/Mags with some pretty good results. I played a FT100 with X23/Dorm/Dante and I still feel like Dante is a wasted slot now. :confused: Such a jerk…new game comes and and suddenly he can’t be bothered to help his old BFF out…damn shame…

reading this thread always makes me glad i can play the 3 characters I want together effectively.

Relaunching seems hard, but launching from an airthrow in the corner is pretty easy. Since you need to use st.L to hit after the beam, it’s hard to pick after any hitstun deterioration.

Anyone here have a line on the X23/Nova synergy? Wanna see about running his overhead/ground bounce for a bit.

Ankle slice + assist call gets you the ground bounce, of course. Rage trigger DHCs well to Nova Force. Nova Force DHCs well to WPX, even at SJ height.

With Nova on point, you can use a corner reset (launcer, jump cancel javelin), to set up unblockable with ankle slice. Ankle slice also gives him a double centurion ender (otg, M-Centurion, H-Centurion).

X-23 gets a pretty good unblockable setup in the corner if you haven’t used the assist as well (dash back, call assist, dash forward low).

Someone early in vanilla used Nova, I think it was TMNTemps