MvC3: I'm Doing This For Mutantkind: The Magneto Team Thread

This thread will be for discussing teams build around magnus while he is on point.

So far Erik seems to benefit alot from almost any assist, teams ive seen him do well with and team ideas i like are

Magneto/Iron Man/Doom
Magneto/Storm/Doom

it doesnt look like you can unblockable with Sentinel anymore? idk, check the sentinel thread for more details on that. if thats so a magneto/sentinel team wont be as rushdown heavy, but sentinels air raid assist seems VERY GOOD and Magneto can fire off EM Disruptors with great frequency. I also like Dooms Beam assist for projectile spam purposes.

I think he’ll benefit from an OTG/groundbounce assist. With that he can OTG assist > Magnetic Tempest which is stronger than Shockwave and better in the corner as well. Stuff like Wesker low shot or Sentinel Rocket Punch. But man if you’re using Sentinel I’d really go with air raid since it seems so good right now.

Think he’ll also go well with Storm because Hailstorm DHC. Maybe something like Magneto/Storm/Wesker?

the team im looking at now is mag/sent/daunte mag with disruptor, sent with rocket punch, and daunte with capcom assist. sent has otg assist with helps mags a lot, and you should be able to easily dhc from magnetic tempest to HSF and if its in the corner baring hitstun scaling sent should get a relaunch to combo after HSF. daunte corridor looks like a really good combo extender for sent and helps control space for both mag and sent. haven’t got my hands on it you but sounds strong to me.

i want to explore with mags/wesker/doom

I’m actually looking into putting him on a keepaway team. MODOK/Dorm/Mags. I think it will work well, because Magneto can play keepaway or he can rush, so he can through the opponent off, and rush after MODOK and Dorm play so much keepaway, or he can also play long with them.

MSS (too simple)

Magneto / Mag / Neto.

i bet no one here can beat me with my team ryu/magnus/chun perfect chemistry trust me

Ryu’s ass so…meh.

lol so beat me. but yea that team he has 2 perfect assist for every character. magneto has legs for close range mix ups and ryu’s fire ball to help him get in. ryu has the same thing but with magnetos beam. and chun does well with ryu’s slow fireball from far and can do full combos if u hit confirm the magneto assist

…Why would you use Ryu’s fireball assist instead of DP? If you want a fireball assist to help you get in, Storm’s Whirlwind, Dr. Doom’s Molecular Shield or even Sentinel’s Sentinel Force would be a much better choice. If you’re not using DP for Ryu, don’t use Ryu.

EDIT: Doesn’t Rocket Punch OTG? Magnus/Sent anyone? Remake Row/Combofiend?

Does Deadpool have a good projectile pressure assist? I was thinking of a team consisting of Mags/X23/Deadpool.

This is the team I’m rocking but I use Sent Drone assist.
You can get combos from Mag with c.L, c.M+Sent assist, c.H, S, j.H, trijump down forward, j.H, land, 2 drones hit, s.HxxHyper Grav, last drone hit, Hyper Grav hits, s.H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, land, Shockwave/Gravity Squeeze.

Sent drones helps with Mag pressure and Dante pressure as well. Unfortunately, there’s no good synergy between Dante assist and Magneto besides keeping Mags safe, which is very much needed. Dante Assist is also very helpful in fighting other Sents.

A question regarding the Mag teams, why in particular is Dr Doom good to have within the team?

Wondering about this myself. I’ve been messing around with a few teams trying to see who works best with Mag. I like Spencer a lot but unfortunately they don’t mesh too well (although I suppose Spencer wallbounce assist -> tempest is pretty nice).

thanks for all the input. just got my hands on the game today and i absolutely hate daunte but im gona keep at it because i foresee a ton of sent play and if daunte helps sent beat sent im all for it. does jam session otg? i havent checked yet but i really want to be able to hit magnetic tempest, the damage is nice.

My Magnus teams are:
Magnus(A)/Storm(A)/Sentinel(Y)- Whirlwind helps Magnus wavedash in alot if your very unsure how to get in with him and Rocket punch helps soooooo much with his OTG and does really good damage for an assist, I’d just mash Rocket punch everytime I slam someone into the ground and get free combos for days. Landing a BnB combo with Magnus into Shockwave and DHCing Hail Storm is godlike, no suprise there. A definite solid team imo. The synergy is still really good.

Magnus(A)/Storm(A)/Deadpool(A)- Everything really applies the same here about Magnus and Storm. With Deadpool I chose the Quick work assist because it reminds me of my MSP team in Marvel 2. It damn near gave me similar setups with Hyper Grav and just hit confirm shockwaves all day. You can also throw in a jab or 2 and link it to a launcher and then just do your thing from there. Really good assist for Magnus.

Magnus(A)/Storm(A)/Doom(Y)- Everything really applies the same here about Magnus and Storm. With Doom, I don’t gotta tell you Doom rocks are broken as shyt and they still are. Tri dash cross up with Magnus while Doom rocks are on screen is just too good. If your the hardcore rush down type and wanna maul a nigguh in the corner then get on them Doom rocks and put in work. It’s really tricky to get some really good combos off during the combo hits from Doom rocks but im sure people can come up with some godly shyt.

I’m also using Dormammu and trying to find ways to have him and Magnus have synergy. I’ll see what I can come up with tho.

The DP has no invincibility frames as an assist, so you can’t depend on it at all.

I have been planning on Sentinel/Dormammu/??? as my team, and after watching this gameplay, I became interested in Magneto as my third:
YouTube - Zero000’s Channel

The DP has no invincibility frames as an assist, so you can’t depend on it at all.

I have been planning on Sentinel/Dormammu/??? as my team, and after watching this gameplay, I became interested in Magneto as my third:
YouTube - Zero000’s Channel

I trying to make wesker/thor/magnus work but I want to try out that team as well.