MvC3: Hsien-Ko Combo Thread

Why not both? Solo are probably preferred because assists vary by team, but I can’t speak for the OP.

[media=youtube]DrJ_gFoovNE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Looks like hsien ko just went up in the ranks

finally some really good combos with her. I haven’t had much time to work with her since I’m trying to polish up my task and akuma. Going to have to practice some of these when I have the time

When I’m able to watch the vid properly (not on my phone) I hope I can learn those combos
Does anyone know the notations for any of the combos?

@r-d
That tron assist combo is corner only right? I can’t seem to combo the boulder after f+h

Another question are any of you dhc glitching into rimoukon? I’m thinking about testing it out but I already have trishs round harvest to test out, but I hope there’s at least some combo opportunities with the dhc glitch
I suppose as long as I can get the juggle timing down that I could go into gong loops because more than likely my x-23 combo will take them to the corner.
Ugh, I have too much lab work to do :frowning:

Regarding this, you can get it to work on any character with the help of an assist. Personally, I use Felicia. You may have to alter your method somewhat depending on what character you’re using, however.

This can work off of any approach, but this is what I use:

j. :m::s: | st. :h::a1::f::h::dp::m: | air:m::s: | st.:m::d::h::s: | sj.:m::m::h::s:

The tricky part is during the st.:h:. For me, I had to call Felicia as it was hitting, then follow up with :f::h: and cancel it into :dp::m: in order for it to connect.

I’m not 100% sure if this will work with any and all assists, but it most certainly works with Felicia. Her low hitting attack pops the opponent into the air briefly, allowing Sepun bu to connect. You may need to use an assist with similar properties.

Hope this helps!

hmm
I’m going to try it out with the assists I have available hopefully burn kick can do what the felicia assist does
or maybe ankle slicer can catch them but it’s pretty slow i’ll post up later on after i’ve tried it out

Thanks! I’ll try it out with Gustaff Fire if I get the chance (as it keeps the opponent suspended in the air a little bit). May not work, but it’s worth a try, I guess.

kk
so I can get it to work with burn kick assist which is great but there are some tricky things about it;
I have to do j.:m::s::a1: land :h::f::h:
also sometimes I can do it without the :f::h: and sometimes :dp::h: worked as well
I also had to kind of delay the senpu bu or else it would whiff the timing on it is pretty weird but not too hard to learn thankfully
I don’t land it often but I’m using stick right now until I get my pad back
I’m going to see how much I can do with ankle slicer otg after the j.:s: when I land close enough to the opponent

New member first time post.

I have seen alot of Hsien_KO players use taskmaster in their team line up and I am one of them. My team is Wolverine, Hsien_KO, and Taskmaster that order.

I was trying to figure out how to inflict Over 600,000 damage with her (that’s a rule i follow, i must do that much or more and at least biuld one meter bar to call it my personal BNB). So after discovering a chris combo for my friends team i tried to apply something similar to my team. This is what i came with. Taskmasters forward shot is needed. I am trying to see if the angled shot can work.

:d::l: :d::m: :a1: :d::h: :dp::h: j.:h: :m: :h: :d::h: :s: j.:m: j.:h: j.:s: dash then anvil.

This does up to 610,000. If you are close enough you can call out the spike hyper and up the damage to 765,000. Now there is a problem. This works great with the light version of senpu bu but rarely does 600,000, (of course throw and second hyper in then that problem is fixed) same goes with medium. But heavy senpu bu puts her or the opponet in a weird position so you most likely whiff the j.:h: (either she is facing the wrong way or the opponet flew out too far). It works but i can’t get the right timing down. But in the corner or going into the corner it hits great.

For execution of this combo u must press :d::m: and asisst at the same time and its best to cancel the :d::h: into senpu bu asap. hope this combo has given you ideas. any comments and tips would be great. Hsien_ KO ftw. DRIVE BYs all day lol.

Taking inspiration from the video showcased above, I was able to land this combo:

No assist/x-factor, corner only, requires at least one bar to start and 2 bars to complete… The combo builds one bar and does 788k.

j. :m::s: | :m::d::h::f::h::rdp::m::f::h::rdp::m::m::d::h::s: | sj.:m::m::s: | dash :rdp::atk::atk::qcf::atk::atk:

The combo starts to get tricky at the super jump. You have to delay your attack until the last possible moment before they flip out on their own, then :m::m::s:. This gives Hsien-Ko enough time to make it back to the ground in order to cross them up with her dash before doing Tenrai Ha into Chireitou.

If you have more meter to play with, it’s very easy to extend the combo off Chireitou using a DHC or a hard tag into another character’s hyper combo. I personally use Felicia.

Why do you use a :f::m: in there (after the first hard pendulum)? Doesn’t that stop the combo? Or did you mean :f::h:?

Whoops! Those aren’t supposed to be pendulums at all. They’re gongs. I edited my post so it should make more sense now.

Okay. That seems to make more sense with the Gong in there. And lol I was stupid for thinking there was a :f::m: in there.

Alright folks, I have a challenge for anyone that is willing to take it up. I’ve been working on how to extend Hsien-Ko’s midscreen combos and I believe I’ve come up with something. However, my fingers are too stupid to execute it, and I need your help to see if it actually works. Here are the inputs:

(this combo likely only works when you are right in the opponents face, like in throw range)

:m::d::h::f::h::rdp::l: | :m::d::h::f::h::rdp::m: | :m::d::h::s:

The first section is arguably the hardest, requiring an almost immediate cancel of :f::h: into :rdp::l:. :m: must be done immediately after the light gong connects or they will fall to the ground, ending the combo. It may take a few tries, but this DOES work.

The second section of the combo is where I’m having trouble. Instead of doing what my brain wants, my fingers go on auto-pilot and execute :m::d::h::s: every time!

So if anyone out there isn’t cursed with stupid fingers and can do the inputs as described, I’d be happy to know if the combo works or not. Thanks!

It’s kinda inconsistent with the characters I do it against. Timing is an issue too.

When you say inconsistent and timing is an issue, what part are you referring to? Can you be more specific?

I’ll try after I finish watching grey’s but my execution isn’t that good so it may take about forever

are you sure you can connect after the m gong ?
that seems like they would be pushed too far away

**ok I’ve been trying but I suck a lot so hardest part for me so far is getting c.:h: after the second s.:m: I get s.:h: first which is probably because I’m mashing the hard button just a bit
but the times I get past that part I can’t get the :rdp::m: to connect
which maybe due to the stupid s.:h: that comes out some times for me

off to try some more!

I can’t get the M Gong to connect midscreen. Corner it works pretty well and ending it with Tenraiha lands me very close to 600k.

whats the actual combo?

It’s very possible that :rdp::m: just won’t connect because they’ve been pushed out too far at that point. I wasn’t even sure it would work because I wasn’t able to pull it off myself. Thanks for testing it out for me though guys!