MvC3: Hsien-Ko Combo Thread

If you’d like to contribute I’d appreciate. Please post any combos, links, or stuff you’d like me to try out and I will update.

BnBs

Midscreen

2L > 5M > 5H > 2H > S > j.MMS

623L > j.H > 5M > 5H > 2H > S > j.MMS

Corner

2L > 5M > 5H > 2H > 6H > 421M > 2H > 6H > 421M > 5M > 5H > (2H) > S > j.MMS

XFC

2L > 5M > 5H > 2H > XFC > 5M > 5H > 2H > S > j.MMS

Magneto Assist

[details=Spoiler]
O, I got a simple one that uses assist and takes no skill to do 100% of the time. All you need is Mag’s gravity hold:

:d: :l: :m: :h: :a2: :d: :h: :f: :h: :m: :h: :d: :h: :s: j. :m: :m: :h: :s:

Just push them in order, no need to press any button at the same time and delaying actually helps too! :woot: It can probably be extended too with the L Gong mid combo above on characs that it works on. [/details]

Here’s a few to get the thread started:

(Midscreen)

2L > 5M > 5H > 2H > S > j.MMS

623L > j.H > 5M > 5H > 2H > S > j.MMS

(Corner)

2L > 5M > 5H > 2H > 6H > 421M > 2H > 6H > 421M > 5M > 5H > (2H) > S > j.MMS

(XFC)

2L > 5M > 5H > 2H > XFC > 5M > 5H > 2H > S > j.MMS

Another BnB, slightly different

2L 2M 2H S JC J.mmhs Walk forward 214PP [(XFC) 214PP]

Also, in corner, I do

2L 2M 2H 6H M Gong 2H S j.mmhs 214PP

Well, something like this only goes so far because you probably don’t want to include assist combos, which are important but there would be no end to them.

In my opinion Hsien-ko’s most important combos are confirms off her jumping M and H. I don’t know about other players, but I land a lot more of these than point blank cr.L, so I would recommend spending the majority of my training time practicing combos off a jumping starter, rather than ground series against a motionless dummy.

Set the dummy to jump and random block, and do jump forward H. Buffer a late j.S each time because there’s no reason not to, and it allows you to land and combo if the j.H hit at a high altitude.

So
(jump forward) j:h: (wait) j:s: (land) st:m: cr:h: st:s: -> aircombo

For jump forward M, you can do
(jump forward) j:m: j:m: j:h:(1hit) j:s: (land) st:m: cr:h: st:s: -> aircombo

For IAD H against jumpers:
(IAD) j:h: (land) (rejump) j:m: j:m: j:h:(1hit) j:s: (land) st:m: cr:h: st:s: -> aircombo

For IAD M->M against jumpers, the above followup should also work, I think.

That’s the main thing I’d like to see noted in addition to the usual.

Also even if assist combos aren’t included, it might be useful to keep a running tally of things other than hypers that can combo after combo -> Chireitou-> raw tag. I haven’t done a ton of testing on it but this is what I know of.

Phoenix: teleport -> st.S -> short aircombo
Tron: mash drill
Dante: qcb+H -> followup
X-23: wavedash like mad -> st.H, st.S -> short aircombo
Doom: Plasma Beam H

No Meter

-midscreen

:d: :l: :m: :h: :d: :h: :s: j. :m: :m: :s:

:dp: :l: j. :h: :m: :h: :d: :h: :s: j. :m: :m: :s:

-corner

:d: :l: :m: :h: :d: :h: :f: :h: :rdp: :m: :d: :h: :f: :h: :rdp: :m: :m: :h: ( :d: :h: ) :s: j. :m: :m: :s:

With Meter

-midscreen

-corner

X-Factor

-midscreen

:d: :l: :m: :h: :d: :h: XFC :m: :h: :d: :h: :s: j. :m: :m: :s:

-corner

:d: :l: :m: :h: :d: :h: :f: :h: :rdp: :m: :d: :h: :s: j. :m: :m: :h: :s: land :qcb: :2p: XFC :qcb: :2p:

Added a longer midscreen combo that could possibly be a BnB and another air to air combo from R-D’s post.

And guys XFC in between supers can be a waste of 2 bars. Using XFC in between her normals will yield more damage with the cost of only 1 bar (plus it allows a DHC for more damage).

Edit: Added a simple combo from throw.

That ground L Gong combo is very character-specific. Also requires you to be point blank.

I like the air gong-> j.L j.S, but I think connecting the j.L is also slightly weird against some characters.

I usually don’t like to include the stand and jump H, or mark them as optional, because it actually hurts the damage of the combo if you plan to do anything afterwards. Sometimes in longer combos a j.H won’t link at all.

Generally a cr.M is more worthwhile than stand H (although you could have both), if you’re not up against a character like MODOK where using cr.M will make the combo whiff.

So since Hsien Ko doesn’t seem to have much in the way of combos on her own, anyone found anything fun with assists?

For OTG assists, it seems like X-23’s is the most reliable for doing a simple :d: :h:, :s: relaunch after a bnb. With Wesker’s you can do IAD j. :m:, j. :s:, :m:, :s: and it even works at midscreen after a forward dash. However the launcher usually hits them too high to let you follow up in the air unless you hit them very early in the OTG shot, which I’m not sure is possible after a forward dash. It would be awesome if someone could make that work, as if you knocked someone onto the ground into the corner, you could dash through them, then relaunch them and land into a full Chireitou (I noticed you can do this with X-23 and a simple no combo :s: relaunch, but the timing is weird and it’s not really worth it).

Spencer’s angle grapple assist is really fun, you can do (combo starter) :d: :h: + assist, :f: :h: xx Senpu Bu, but I haven’t found a sequence of air hits that lets you combo after the swing. I think j. :m: slight delay j. :m: might work, but the timing is crazy hard if it’s possible =/. You can also use it to combo directly into a full Chireitou, which while I’m not sure his useful, is pretty damn cool. The assist even grabs off her launcher, so you can do goofy stuff like backthrow, :d: :h: + assist, :s: SJC Chireitou, lol.

Though there are too many possible assist combos to list here, my personal favorite is Doom Missiles. you can use it in the ground series before your launcher to make it hit OTG after the aircombo.

Like,

cr:l: st:m: cr:m:+:a1: cr:h: st:s: :uf: j:m: j:m: j:s: (land) (jump + airdash) (1-2 missiles hit) j:m: j:s: (land) st:m: cr:h: st:s: :u:/:uf: j:m: j:m: j:s: (land) (optional hyper)

The trick is just to take your time on the ground chain after the missiles hit to give them time to fall between hits. You can do an air exchange after the relaunch but you have to skip the j.Ms and just do S -> j.H -> S+direction.

Or, you can make the missiles hit during your aircombo and use the hits to link pendulum.

It’s also the only assist I’ve found that allows you to combo after an airthrow. Under certain circumstances, Hsien-ko drops the opponent on top of the missiles as they’re coming out of the ground, and you can chain into launcher -> aircombo. It requires very specific situations to get it to work and I’m still messing with it.

One situation where I got it to work was where I had Phoenix TK Trap assist, did cr.H + A2, S, jump, fast j.M j.M j.S and it would spike the opponent straight into the path of the TK trap projectile, resetting them in the air. Then I could jump up to the opponent while calling Doom assist and if I got the airthrow it would drag them down into the missiles.

Also I’ve tried a few assists trying to get a combo into and out of pendulum, the most reliable was Tron’s Bandit Bouder. combo into cr:h: f:h:+:a2: :dp::h: j:m: j:s: cr:h: st:s: -> aircombo seemed pretty consistent on most characters, if memory serves.

I didn’t see anyone posting this: she can combo into Senpu Bu in the corner off :f::h: I can’t see a lot of real use for it because the corner gong loops do more damage.

My execution isn’t great, but I slapped together a functional corner combo:
:d::l: :d::m: :d::h: :f::h: xx :dp::m: j:h: (Land) :m: :s: sj j:m: j:m: j:h: j:s:
Which does 365k and 515k-ish with Tenrai ha.

Like I said, not too practical, but maybe someone who’s a lot better at this than I can do something with it.

O, I got a simple one that uses assist and takes no skill to do 100% of the time. All you need is Mag’s gravity hold:

:d: :l: :m: :h: :a2: :d: :h: :f: :h: :m: :h: :d: :h: :s: j. :m: :m: :h: :s:

Just push them in order, no need to press any button at the same time and delaying actually helps too! :woot: It can probably be extended too with the L Gong mid combo above on characs that it works on.

Working on a midscreen Senpu Bu setup, on rare occasions I’ve gotten it to connect after a standard magic series, but it’s much much easier to hit it off a raw :d: :h: usually done from an IAD :h:

[media=youtube]3jrldo9IP0c[/media]

hopefully someone can make better use of it (or figure out a more damaging way to start/finish this), but it’s still a start.

Notation

IAD j. :h: :d: :h: :f: :h: :dp: :l: air :h: st. :m: :s: sjc air combo.

did about 440k damage midscreen.

Cool, does this work on most characters?

So far I’ve only done it on “large” characters (Modok, Tron, etc.) but I assume it works on all characters, the only real requirement is that Hsien has to be directly under the character when she does :f: :h:

EDIT: yeah, I’m toying with this and it only works on “bulky” characters. It whiffs completely on Felicia, Spiderman, Joe, etc.

still something to consider, if someone figures out another way (or just tosses in assists, I managed to get it working off Sentinel Force) then that’s something to consider

Gosh I have a lot of work to do in Marvel still. I’ve played a couple good Lei-Lei players in the last tourney I entered.

Are you supposed to dash after you hit with j.S in order to OTG with Chireitou? I keep trying to do it from too far away and they get up before the blades reach them.

Yeah you need to dash after you hit with J.S to get full hit’s on the super. I button dash so I don’t accidentally get gold armor super :wtf:

I’d have thought dashing would use up too much time. If you just do j.MMS then you land close enough to do Cheireitou no problem, you can do it with j.MHS but there needs to be some clever timing involved and it might be character specific.

the easiest way to guarantee it, which I’ve found works on most characters, I haven’t ran into anyone it doesn’t work on yet. I do jumping MMH(wait for all of H hits, at this point Hsien Ko should be a little lower than the opponent) then S. If you do this once you hit the ground you have more than enough time to dash forward and get all the hits of Chireitou or the sword super

Would you like solo combos only or can I contribute combos with assists as well?