MvC3: Final Justice! The Captain America Thread

Now that Captain America has been revealed. Let’s use this thread to speculate about his gameplay, art style, and how badass Final Justice will look in HD. In GI issue 206, it reveals that Capt. America has kept his shield-a-rang move, stars and stripes, and his cartwheel dash.

[media=youtube]Y7siLQN0U2E[/media]
Kara whiff cartwheel cancel

[media=youtube]wf816Pj-36s[/media]
[media=youtube]jBAMhUNq73o[/media]
[media=youtube]Jj1_By1c39A[/media]
[media=youtube]cx8P-LKolZY&feature=player_detailpage#t=138s[/media]
[media=youtube]o17f7SwoTWw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Capt. America’s shield slash now crosses up. His anti air one combos if it hits an air borne enemy.

Mod edit: added movelist

Shield Slash (air): QCF + Attack (note that it hits on return now too)
Charging Star: QCB + Attack
Stars and Stripes: F, DF, F + Attack
Back flip: HCB + Specialty

Hyper Charging Star: QCB + Attack x 2
Hyper Stars and Stripes: F, DF, F + Attack x2
Final Justice (3 levels): ?

Captains Colors reported by Kanta Kun
1-Blue
2-Red
3-Green
4-Punisher (no wings on his head)

Assists
* A- Shield Slash : SHOT
* B- Stars & Stripes : DIRECT
* G- Charging Star : DIRECT

With the TvC button scheme he can have all three shield throws again, nice.

i’m glad people actually see the adcantage of the tvc control scheme :slight_smile:

I’ve searched but I’m not finding scans or article copies.

YOU TELLING ME I HAVE TO BUY THE MAG

or you can just look at it in the store…Oops it’s probably not even in the stores yet.

I’m in the middle of nowhere and my bro already went to town for the day.

with the hype for the game, and the magazine being out how the fuck aren’t there scans everywhere?

I’m actually surprised I’m the first one to mention this. I’ll try and get someone off of GI’s forums’ to print a scan, since I can’t figure out how to work my scanner.

Yeah it’s a mystery to me.

Read the manual, dammit, read the manual!

Threw it away. No one reads the manuals. Damn, i forgot my password and I haven’t received the password reset email yet.

Well the jokes on you, and we suffer for it.

Sweet lookin machine, though.

Except that Cap has Charging Star AND Stars and Stripes as possible move overlaps now.

they can assign moves to other motions, just like they did with donkey kick in tvc.

hcf, hcb, back srk, srk… tons of possibilities.

Yeah, I was thinking that his new moveset would be this: Charging Star, Stars and Stripes, and Revolution unchanged, with Shield Throw as Back SRK.

Also, which Captain America would this one be: Steve or Bucky?

this. =\

not really happy that theyre retaining all the moves, i thought a brand new moveset for everyone wouldve been nice, but oh well. never was a fan of that breakdancing kick. cap will prob be a low tier again like mvc2 since his shield isnt exactly and amazing projectile and if you get seperated from it you can get punished hard

I’d love for it to be Bucky, and for him to use the gun as a normal.

While this would be cool, but the general public doesnt know who the fuck Bucky is, or even the fact that Cap died a few years ago.

He fucking died?!

He’s back, don’t worry. Comic book deaths, ya know.