MvC3: Becoming a Hellcat: The Felicia Combo Thread

I know. I need tips on execution. If I slow down enough to get the dancing flash, it doesn’t combo. If I do it at the same speed I would on p1 side, 99% of the time I get Kitty Helper.

Input it as:
:atk::atk:(dash)
:d::df::m::f::uf::atk::atk:
This eliminates all possibility of getting kitty helper.

The other methods:
:f::f:(dash)
:d::df::m::f::uf::atk::atk:
Creates a :dp: motion if you don’t include a significant delay after the dash.

:atk::atk:(dash)
:df::m::d::df::f::uf::atk::atk:
Creates a :dp: motion if you press :f: at any time before :d:

A lot of the time I end up pressing M too soon and not getting Toy Touch :frowning: There’s actually a reasonably large time frame to input special moves and such though me being me I tend to rush and with a smelly square gate tends to miss the diagonal inputs :frowning:

I’m also a bit confused about the juggle follow-up, if I actually manage to land the first part, most of the time I don’t get the grounded hit(s) :confused:

Sprint, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

I’ve got a nice little BnB for you guys:

:l::m::h: :f::d::df::m: :b::h: :d::df::f::atk:>:m: :d::db::b: :atk::atk:

Pretty much a simple way of landing PHM if you don’t wanna be fancy and all. More combos coming soon.

Does anyone have advice for the launch? Every time I launch into the air in the middle of the BnB, the opponent is way too high for me to hit, I suppose because the previous part is a juggle, so he’s not level with my character.

Try waiting like 0.00001s after you land before hitting S. I had this problem earlier because I would spam S when I landed to launch as fast as possible. There’s a little bit of timing involved. It probably doesn’t feel like much difference at all, but once you land if a few times you’ll get the ‘feel’ of it.

Yeah, delay stuff.

Important things to note when juggling:
[list][]When doing the :l::m::df::m::uf::m::m::h::s:(land) juggle, input it fast. Any delays push the opponent slightly higher, which can sometimes cause them to recover in the air instead of being forced to fall all the way to the ground.
[
]Delay the first hit of your ground juggle as long as you can to get the opponent close to the floor.
Ditto for OTGs; make sure they’re flat on the floor before hitting them.
[]You should also delay between :h:3:b::h:1 to let them fall a bit.
[
]Shorten the juggle after long combos. Things break in this order:
#1. :m::h: stops working, so use :m::b::h:1:s:.
#2. Opponent recovers before they reach the ground. Use :m::s: for consistency.
#3. J.:l::m: stops working so skip straight to :m:.
#4. J.:m::m: stops working, preventing relaunch.[/list]

Hmm~ I’ve been working on a slightly simpler combo, might be the problem. What I try to do is:

:l::m::h:(3 hits):qcf::h::m:(juggle):l::m::df::m:(jump):m::m::h::s:(land):s:(launch to air combo etc.)

Problem is the :s: launch rarely seems to connect so maybe skip one j.:m: and see if that works for consistency?

Yeah, that works. The combo is still before #2 in my list, so the only issue is your timing.

Try :m::s::uf: to see if you find it any easier.

Oh, and I didn’t mention it before but juggling with :m::b::h::s::uf: is varies in difficulty between characters. Against some it’s really easy, but against some it’s ridiculously strict, so stick with :m::s: whenever you aren’t sure.

I was the same way. I began to slow the inputs and works.

1 problem I’m having is landing Toy Touch after Please Help Me. I tend to roll half screen and follow up with M and cancel into PHM, but I cannot get the OTG to hit. The characters recover/roll to fast.

I’ve been practicing those Toy Touch BnB combos for a while now, so I got the timing down for :l::m::df::m: into j.:m::m::h::s: into :s: for sure. Like Sprint said, you gotta be quick with your cat-like reflexes. No pun intended.

I’m seeing some success with this, but it seems like every time I do a diagonal jump afterward, I pass under the person. If I jump straight, I can hit them, but then the launch sends them too far away to continue into a hyper.

I guess I should just practice some more, huh?

EDIT: Looks like I can get away with jumping straight up as long as I wavedash like a madman as soon as I hit the ground, but I’m not nearly good enough to get it consistently. I guess another 16 hours in the Danger Room will suffice. =P

I feel so stupid after reading that now. Why didn’t I try that before? VERY EASY, and even does more damage then straight S launch!

Sprint, are there any chances where you’d want to completely avoid the s.M, s.H relaunch (ie some specific super long combo)? From what I’ve seen it works perfectly fine off of a command grab as well as any hit confirm -> combo.

The combo in Sugami’s post is probably the most common.

Hitconfirm -> :qcf::h::m:, :l::m::df::m::uf::m::m::h::s:(land)
:m::h: only works afterwards if you skip the hitconfirm and connect with a clean roll.

It also doesn’t work after the double-airjuggle combo vs large characters.
:df::m::uf::m::m::h::s:(land):uf::m::m::h::s:(land)

The other options you get are:
:m::s::uf:
:m::b::h:1:s::uf:
:h:3:b::h:1:s::uf: (situational)

I didn’t realise the last one worked until a bit ago… It screws up in the corner vs certain characters, and is too slow to connect after the double-airjuggle combo. It’s probably the best thing to do after the first combo above, but only if you know it’s not going to whiff. So far I’ve had it randomly drop after the first hit in the corner vs Skrull, Morrigan and Hsienko.

Hmm~ so the problem is most likely my timing with the air juggle but I don’t really know what kind of timing I’m trying to aim for, I generally try to get the attacks out ASAP. More practice and experimenting for me!

Even if you don’t do the air juggle perfectly, you can still hit after it with :m: or :s:, you just end up having to hit the opponent when they’re higher up which makes the followup air combo very awkward.

You must be doing something especially silly to be having so much trouble. :s: should combo afterwards even if you just mash the button without regard to timing.

Hey I am new to this forum but what you all post here is great stuff so thanks! Also, why no Felicia love? Hey I was messing around in training with some of your combos and found out that rolling buckler slide can be combo’ed into buckler punch either in the corner or midscreen. Only midscreen she usually slides under so you have to reverse motions. Anything that you can combo after the kitty punch? Maybe if you don’t connect the punch and go into hyper?

Hmm~ I don’t know what to say then, maybe I’m just too slow with the S on landing but I see the kick go up and not connect sometimes.

Nope, I’ve played with that combo too and you can combo into Dancing Flash after the Neko Punch, it’s a pretty damn easy combo into DF compared to doing all the juggling and OTGs. In the corner you don’t need to worry about timing but mid-screen you need to time DF properly; too soon and she goes under them, too late and she obviously misses them :slight_smile:

Actually… you do another Rolling Buckler immediately after? I’d just do another LMH xx Rolling Buckler > Neko Punch then Dancing Flash from there :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got a more damaging combo off of Hellcat, it works on everyone, but it’s tougher on certain characters.

:hcb::atk:, :df::m:, Jump Cancel, j.:m:, j.:m:, j:h:, j.:s:, land, st.:m:, :df::m:, Jump Cancel, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, land, st.:m:, st.:s:, Super Jump, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, land, :df::m:, :qcf::uf::atk::atk:

Damage:
L Hellcat = 492,000
M Hellcat = 516,000
H Hellcat = 546,000

Using a Rolling Buckler (whiff) Neko Punch/Rolling Slide before the Super adds 8,000/12,000 to whatever the combo is at respectively, meaning you get a perfect 500,000 from a L Hellcat.

This combo is very tricky on Captain America, but it works without a sweat on Amaterasu and many others.