MvC2 Xbox 360/PS3 bug database & reporting thread

Shoultz, that’s bizarre, but it makes sense. A least that’s gotta be why I only saw that slow-down ONCE for the FP in my testing. That’s really specific in terms of reproducing the glitch so maybe that’ll help with a fix.

I don’t think that 360 is dropping any more frames from what I’ve tried manually. Doom Unblockable loops still work by hand just like they did on DC-- at least as far as I can tell manually/by eye.

Maybe the game uses the first instances of various game states to help sync the netplay??? Player A calls assist, 360 looks for location of Player A relative to Player B and the assist and compares both machine’s results, then corrects. I dunno. Strange that its happening offline, but I can’t help but feel that the game treats on- and offline play the same way in the current version.

remember that the ps2 version also allows doom UB iirc but we all know that game is horrendously off.

Go play arcade mode and watch the game. Offline is FUCKED

holy shit, my xmvsf combo is now in mvc2? Can you also combo s hk. to hypergrav with no super?

Not to play devils advocate, but I think its just rush down but I can block pretty well when getting rushed, I don’t think there is a bug here.

Also, this happened to me twice but I didn’t see it on your list.
I was under cable when he was doing a super and I launched, the launcher HIT but he DHCed at the same time so cable went up, hail storm came out, cable landed and bounced out.

2nd time was different, guy tagged out and I did AHVB almost at same time, caught his tag out and his tag in coming in at the same time. Guy was probably pissed.

I know something similar happens on PS2 where, say doom is chipping you and you counter in, but you still get hit by rocks as your next guy comes in. I see this ALOT on PS2

EDIT: One more bug from the arcade version to the DC to the xbox i remembered. Sent tag in puts him in air false ground whatever you wanna call it. I don’t really mind cause I am use to it and I rape sent when he tags in, but still a bug

The whole constant input lag really hurts this game!

Supposedly input lag is online only.

Yeah that’s what I really don’t like!

earlier, immediately after losing a ranked matched, i got the achievement for 100 ranked wins.

my current record on the leaderboards shows as 99-60.

this may be unique to me, i just thought i’d share.

was spectating in my own room, and i guess the dude quit before the match started, and i was in the process of messaging someone back, and then it went for me to play since the other dude left, and all i can see was the player match up screen, and i couldnt see the character select screen. so i just picked anyone hoping it would just pop up when the match starts, and nope. i had to exit game and open a room back up. weird.

Yeah, that’s covered in the database:
"* Online Player: Player stuck at Selection screen during actual match. Usually works again after that match."
I hit that too.

UH OH - go to

• http://www.tu4ar.com/mvc2.html?lang=en
    and look up “LaZy SwAt BoY”. His stats are bugged out - he used to be top 15. What the hell? Does anybody else have freaked out stats? I may avoid Ranked until we know what’s going on. =\

I haven’t checked since yesterday so I don’t know if it’s fixed, but my stats haven’t changed at all on the leaderboards since Thursday. Neither my wins or losses are getting counted anymore. Has this been randomly happening to people or is it just me? =/

System - X-Box 360

#1- I shot Morrigan’s Soul Eraser Super (beam), and my opponent tagged out Iron Man, just before the super flash. As he was jumping out, and Cable jumped in, they were both caught in the beam. Iron Man should have been invincible and left the screen.

#2- While being chipped by Hyper Viper Beam (I was playing Megaman), I was a few pixels away from dying, and variable countered in my second (Cable). Megaman died after the variable counter flash, and Cable flew in anyway, and started getting hit by the beam. Megaman should have jumped out and been invincible.

those bugs were in the Xbox and PS2 versions.

I thought it was based on the DC version?

Has anyone else seen this one before? Could it be an online only bug?

post #24, I experienced them the 1st week.

its getting fishy now. These glitches aren’t found in the DC version and combined with the slow down from the stages, I’m beginning to think that they didn’t use the DC version for the x360.

are there any other xbox\ps2 glitches we can test on the x360?

has anyone else confrimed random stage slow down offline in arcade mode?

Does anybody have a video showing the alpha counter glitch in this version?

I feel that this is the DC code (we’ve been told this multiple times by Capcom), but that running the DC code on anything other than the DC causes all sorts of minor hiccups. =\

The XBOX360 has all the strange sound glitches the PS2 version has, with the exception of the sound not cutting out all together.

wow…

so what can be done if the masses have been lied to? even if it isnt the dc code how can it be proven to capcom and would they even address the fact that backbone entertainment cut major corners?

this would be really shitty if we got hustled… just for that you owe us part 3 capcom!

also… does the switch trick work on the ps2 or xbox version?

if it really is the dc code it needs to get patched ASAP… i guess we will see how the ps3 version comes out…

it would have been a lot easier for them to port the Xbox version than the DC version.