MvC2: Hulk Combos and Thread revisited

PM from Pryde to me…

Re: Minor error [typo] in Hulk page by me

quote:

Deathfist wrote on 02-07-2003 08:48 PM:
I need the Hulk help thread reopenned so that I can edit and add a few things concerning Hulk use. The corner combo airthrow lk, land, Call Guile, gamma charge, gamma crush is wrong. That will work, but it will do 137 damage and not 143. You need to use HK after the airthrow [This combo leaves Juggernaut with only 1 health from full BTW…].

I also have some interesting stuff about a team involving Hulk [BH-b, Hulk-b, Cable-b] too.

Thanks.

just open a new thread listing that combo and name it “Hulk Combos” or something. what ever suits you.

Thank you Pryde. Let’s see what strategies we can develop, combos we have, and other things we can do involving Hulk.

I have a team I like to use for fun on players on occasion that involves Hulk…

BH, Hulk, Cable-b [This is a one touch kill team.]

-BH can kill you by infiniting you for 1 rep using Hulk-b to land it, and timing ducking lk into more of them to hit before you are able to mash out. You can tag in Hulk the same way and do an unmashable.

-If Hulk hits someone they are dead. Unless they are someone the combo won’t work on they take 143 damage [assuming you have stamina lower than Hulk, see Hulk thread]. If you land any kind of hit you can possibly flowchart the opponent’s entire team right out of the match. BTW, if they by some sick miracle roll away from Hulk’s airthrow [practically impossible], Hulk can call BH and dashjump back into his face anyhow.

-Cable-b is there to help get the opponent in the corner with his assist [where Hulk’s kill combo works the best], for counterassist purposes, and to ignite the infinite with BH. Sometimes a player may be too worried about AHVBx3 later and forget that the others can kill with 1 super now.

Don’t feel intimidated to post here. Again, feel free to post stuff about Hulk, ask questions, make comments, etc…

I’ve got a question. I’ve heard rumors about a MvC2 Hulk infinate. Something like (in corner) Launch , gamma charge(up,HK) , gamma charge (up hk). I’m yet to see this actually work .The only infinate that I have seen was the old MvC1 Hulk infinate. Can anyone shed some more light on this subject.Also if possible, are there any vids out there that have it ???

I’ve never gotten more than 2 or 3 reps on that infinite, personally. It may very well work, but if you’ve got somebody in the corner like that it’s a lot more reliable to just take your launch XX full magic series in the corner and maybe do some jab rocks XX Gamma Quake when you land (or something similar) to reset the momentum for you. Then continue with whatever. The basic moral of the story is that if you screw up that infinite, you’ll probably just lose Hulk for your troubles in this advanced stage of Marvel play.

I have some interesting stuff with the Hulk, but I’m pretty tired of trying to put it into words just to have it nuked by a board crash or re-design. So I’ll just check in and offer input periodically, and try to make it up to VA & show Gammadynamite some trix in person. Maybe he’ll be more interested in conveying it on the boards than I am…

Thanks, & have a good one.

-Jugg

What makes you think I’ll be the one learning new trix???

I didn’t say they were new. I just said some trix.

Eh, forget it… you got it all covered, man. :lol:

Forget I said anything about anything.

-Jugg

c.lk, c.lk, gamma charge (horizontal) XX gamma quake is all you need.

A few notes…

• It turns out that whiffed normals are a useful part of Hulk’s ground game, sometimes yielding a slight difference in positioning that can make all the difference (not to mention making some moves come out more a bit more reliably than if they are done stand-alone). It also helps you out in the War on Meter, which you need to at least hold your own in to have any hope of winning. Try whiffing s or c. HP/HK and c. LP, these are the ones I use most often. Just don’t get predictable with it.

• j. mp does have a real, honest-to-goodness use; it helps a lot with your chipping rushdown. Marvel is very much a game of momentum, and you have to know how to keep the blockstun rolling when you get your opportunity to do so. J. mp is a critical tool to this end, especially against the wall. Add a set of drones on the side and you’re good to go (save the obvious exceptions, like loaded Cable & such).

• Related to the “chipping rushdown” theme, try to think of fighting Cable/Sent on point as 143 pixels of chip rather than a whole lifebar, and you will probably find yourself having much greater success. It’s still a tough fight, but the mindset seems to help you to not over-reach & get yourself killed trying to do it all @ once.

• People like to knock the Gamma Crush, but it’s still a very useful assist killer. It’s especially good against assisting Storm-a and Sent-y (very common), since they sit there for a good little while. For Team Steroids, I’ll either DHC afterwards with HSF (then possibly try to launch) or glitched Headcrush… ptfo assist. Just make sure the target assist has been properly “softened up” so that it kills them, otherwise it’s probably not worth it. If it doesn’t kill them, you can try to snap in the hurt assist if you can remember to in the heat of battle (I often don’t myself). Obviously you don’t want to try this against a loaded Cable unless you’re feeling pretty ballsy or time is running out anyway…

More later.

-Jugg

Hulk corner infinite:

1] Ducking hp [1 hit only]
2] Vertical Gamma charge, uf + lk [redirect], hold down immediately
-for the first hit I like the hk version for the first rep or 2 then shift to the lk one. Both work so play with it to find the one that works the best for you
-Second hit MUST be a lk variant.
-DO NOT forget to charge down or downback IMMEDIATELY after the entry of the redirect or you will fuck up the repeats by not charging long enough.
3]repeat step 2 indefinitely.

There is an easy way around this problem. Copy your post to microsoft word before posting it or make it in microsoft word. That way when you post it if it gets screwed over it isn’t a big deal.

A dirty trick you can pull on a Cable player [EXTREMELY RISKY] is to deliberately drop an assist when you are at point blank and he jumps back, while you dash forwards. Try to fly into him or over his head using the same dashwith a dashjump if he gets low in the jump [and you get scared of his elevation alittle]. If Cable AHVB while jumping back and you’re real close, you can sometimes fit a hk gamma charge between his first AHVB and his second one even if you blocked. If set up properly you might even get him before his feet hit the ground. I’ve checked the frame data, and even done it myself. The best assist for this tactic is Jin-b. Cable-b makes a nice target too since EVERYONE hates him.

Hulk Infinite

I’ve actually been able to do 5 reps of the infinite. Probably could have gotten in another 1 or 2 but I got all excited and stuff:lol:

What are the properties of the gamma crush? Sometimes it connects and sometimes you fall the wrong way :frowning:

I was playing spiral sent capcom with my sakura hulk tron team

I caught spiral and sent in sakura’s super where she spins around going up while doing her hurricane kick, I then DHC’ed into hulks gamma crush and both I and the opponent knew it was death for spiral and major pain for sentinel but hulk missed either spiral or both then hulk then the other guy tagged in sentinel and wasted five meters with spiral assist chipping me a lot of life -_-.

-Hold forwards and Hulk comes down further away.
-Hold neutral and Hulk comes down further away than center [I think, it’s been awhile]
-Hold down and Hulk comes down in place
-Hold Back and Hulk comes down behind the starting point [generally useless].

[Mostly for Fun but it I guess it can be used with Top-Tier somehow…]

You can connect a un-mashable Gamma Crush off Colossus’s Super in the corner. And most often it’s a 1 hit kill [Sentinels gets 140 or so points of damage on level 2]. Alright here goes…

Corner Combo [can work anywhere too but use Short dash]

[Standard Colussus Combo] s.rk, magic series, Roundhouse Dash [most be roundhouse!!!], cancel into Power dive late [The opponent will still get hit but will be off screen]. Wait after the 8th hit and when you see Colossus… then cancel into Gamma Crush. Instant kill for character up to Colossus I believe.

You can try this combo from almost anywhere but you need to do a Short Dash instead of of Roundhouse. Won’t kill a health’y opponent but it will do a nice chunk of damage.

Rogue - Hulk DHC

It has a random factor to it. Sometimes it will kill them and sometimes it will just do a nice junk of damage. Usually goes in your favor if you combo the the Good Night Sugah [GNS] then Gamma Crush. Here are the details…

GNS [wait for her to let go of the opponent then immediately cancel, this way you do not get the spiraling effect] then Gamma Crush and push forward.

Test it out on certain characters because sometimes you don’t have to push forward. It works the best if you are heading toward the corner.

Anyways I’m trying to see if there are ways to connect a DHC Gamma Crush because since most people know that if you mash you will be able to escape it’s awesome power. In theory a DHC’ed Gamma Crush should connect after a ad uf combo aided by Lightining Attacks to get them really high xx Lightning Storm. Also I believe if you cancel quick enough with Magnus after a ad uf xx Tempest then into Gamma Crush the remaining Tempest “orbs” will keep the opponent in the air and Hulk will damage the opponent on the way down.

I think assists that really help out Hulk are those that knock the enemy into BFE [Butt Fucked Egpyt] into the sky. Things that come to mind are Cammy’s AAA, Capcom AAA, Cable AAA and Colossus AAA. Reason being is that you can pretty much get a free Gamma Crush after a connected s.hk or c.hp [I think s.hk sends them higher] then assist hits then Gamma Crush.

Wow … three hits in one day… …IT…IS…ALIIIIVEE!!!

Personally, I wouldn’t use Gamma Crush at all, except on maybe a kamikaze quest to hurt the opponent’s assist. Trying to combo it risks too much because of its unreliability.

Only time I use Gamma Crush is through a DHC or a connected high-flying AAA. It’s kinda stupid to “randomly” do Gamma Crushes or doing Gamma Crushes by themselves since they have insane lag and it’s mashable. I think some of the better uses for Hulk’s supers would be his vertical super Gamma Quake since you can easily connect it from most of his normals since it’s when he hits the floor it counts as a hit then the opponent is showered with rocks.

Gamma Wave IMO shouldn’t be used unless you have Sent Ground, Storm Projectile or something that keeps them grounded as well as your back to the corner. Doing that shit mid-screen / getting close to the corner [opponent] is just a waste of bar. I would rank Hulk’s supers like this…

Gamma Quake [Most often than not it’s safe but not if your on a full screen away then your just Cable, Storm, Sentinel bait x_x]

Gamma Crush [great after connecting high-flying AAA’s or DHC’s that leave the enemy up really high in the air]

Gamma Wave [Pretty crappy if your back is not on the corner]

But I am curious if anyone knows a good use for Gamma wave aside from the usual assist xx Gamma Wave.

Gamma Wave stops AHVB and Hailstorms…Gamma Wave = 1337

Don’t use Gamma Wave at all, except in an emergency need to clear the bottom half screen of crap (ie. an assist is in front of you getting kilt by HSF). Gamma Wave isn’t worth it to hit with, it does like no damage.

Gamma Charge xx Gamma Quake is safe on almost all characters (even Cable) if you let the Charge move forward a bit before doing the Quake.

You must of seen me do that combo at one of the Florida tourneys. :lol:

I like to use the Gamma Wave off of the RK Gamma Charge if the opponents back is in the corner. Then if I’m feeling evil I’ll cancel into Jugg’s for a whopping 8 hit Headcrush.:evil:

Wrong; don’t listen to this guy… (j/k :p)

Gamma Wave vs. Gamma Quake is situational, and the biggest determinant is positioning - both before you execute the move and where it leaves the opponent after it lands.

If your back is to the wall, GW makes a lot of sense; it combos nicely from either jab or fierce Gamma Rip. You may also land a command throw, do an OTG s. Fierce (they can’t roll [flying screen], only mash to get up quicker) XX roundhouse Gamma Charge XX Gamma Wave, and the game seems to reward you for this via giving you about 13 hits and sending the opponent all the way from corner to corner. :evil:

Gamma Quake is more conservative & all-purpose, and seems to work better overall if the opponent is cornered. The nice thing about GQ is that if it’s pushblocked, the Hulk gets knocked back but the rocks don’t. This makes GQ near-totally safe in the “opponent cornered” scenario I just mentioned.

Gamma Crush (GC) = assist killer. There are enough nuances about this super to write a small book on it, but since it is generally considered Hulk’s least useful super (at least by the general public) & not highly regarded I’ll just leave it in obscurity along with the rest of my bag of trix… :lol:

It is generally much better to just say “I don’t understand [insert move here]” than to write it off as useless… :wink: