MvC 1, Third Stirke, Tekken 5 Tournament at Vista Boomers August 3

First tournament for Vista Boomers will go down Friday August 3.
Tournament Starts- 5:00 p.m
Spread the word, we hope to have a big turn-out.

Street Fighter 3rd Strike

$5 entry fee
Double Elimination matches
Winner & Loser Brackets
2 out of 3 normal match & semi final matches
3 out of 5 Final matches
Event mode will be on
Pick One Character Only
Switch Character At Finals (optional)

**Marvel vs. Capcom **

$5 entry fee
Double Elimination matches
Winner & Loser Brackets
3 out of 5 Final matches
Event mode will be on
Pick One Team Only
Switch Team At Finals (optional)

Tekken 5

$5 entry fee
Double eliminaton matches
Winner & Loser Brackets
3 out of 5 Final matches
Event mode will be on
No card readers
Pick with One Character only
Controllers Are Allowed
Switch Characters At Finals (optional)

No glitches allowed.

Rules Are Final! No Exceptions! No Refunds!

The Prizes will be announced at the tournament.

Have A Fun Day At Boomers :tup:

BOOMERS, VISTA
1525 W. Vista Way, Vista, CA 92083

Mvc 1 or 2?

it has to be mvc1. i know this because i live right next to this place and they don’t have mvc2, and last i heard the damage on their 3s machine was messed up, and t5 isn’t even dr, plus the games here are 50 cents

It’s Marvel 1, also all joysticks and buttons are working fine. And techs will be available during the tourney

i’ll probably be there for 3s as long as the damage is cool.

shin-viro - are the machines gonna be on free play during the tourney or are we droping 50 cents a game? also do you live in the vista area or work at this boomers?

is vista near richmond

too damn far, Santa Barbara county - vista? wish I was closer. I haven’t done a tourney and this would have been great for me. I still have to find a place that has a 3S cabinet

I work for Boomers and have been trying to keep the cabnets in good condition. For the tourney I need to talk to the other guy thats in charge about the games being on free play or tokens. I will keep on posting more info I get.

fix the damage on 3s and make all the buttons convex. .

Concave is much more preferred in my opinion, but i havent hit an arcade in years. Its funny how crappily the Palace Ent. Arcades are upkept. I used to work at one as a Game Tech and I was told to only fix things when people reported them broken or when it was noticeable.

Plenty of machines were abused… sad indeed, but I was always sharp on my favorites, 3S and Tekken 4 & Tag.

no one in the world plays concave anymore…especially for 3s, marvel, or any fighting game.

concave = sf2 at random 7-11 in 1993.

I agree on how other Boomers don’t keep their fighting games in working condition, but i’ve been working alot with the tech and have been fixing or replacing bad parts on the fighting games. I always check all the fighting games in the morning to see if any of them need work.

i’m gonna check out the 3s cab here today probably around 6. i agree with ryan on concave buttons, they’re just plain shit. convex ftw.

shin viro - i know you said you work for boomers, did you mean this one in vista or another one. if you work at the one in vista let me know if you work today so i don’t have to sit there and play the computer.

I work for Vista. I’m a Shift Manager/ Game tech. My name is Erik if anyone visits and has any questions.

is the damage fixed? can you fix it shin…put it on the default setting, which i think is 2 stars.

then ill check this place out.

when is the next time you work? i’m gonna try and stop by since something came up and i couldn’t stop by today

good luck running a tourney here. if all the machines are the same as they were today count me out. 3s and mvc have loose sticks and different types of buttons on them, and the damage on 3s still seems messed up. didn’t really check out tekken but i wouldn’t expect it to be in good shape.

fix your shit!!!

You should go down to FFA. It’s in Granada Hills which isn’t too far away from where you are. About 45 to an hour.

some advise for newbies -

always post the street address of your tourney if you want newcomers to show up.

right now i have zero idea if this is in cali…or in va…or on the east coast or west coast…or on mars.

ggpo!