MTV's Jersey Shore Thread

italian. super saiyan hair. six pack. spray tan.

don’t forget fist pumpin for guys.

I watched the first episode and some of the second. Really entertaining :smiley:

The show definitely delivers. I thought, ah man the chicks arent even that hot… but these characters are so ridonkyalous you gotta watch. Snooki gets beat next!

:rofl: Holy shit! Anyone have the picture that compares snooki to the dirty era christina aguilera?

Snookie is Christina Aguilera in disguise. Clearly she’s back in her home state trying to chill for a bit and decides to pose as “Snookie” on Jersey Shore. She’s reliving her younger years before being married and having a kid to raise.

I’ve seen better looking Italian folks in my neighborhood. The crew of this show is a joke. Butt Ugly.

Lolz. I guess she got her durrrrrtiness from the guidos.

Well Idk because if they just got the best looking people that auditioned then it would look way too fake.

I :rofl: at this artcile.

TL:DR

Basically it says Jersey Shore the worst thing since 9/11 for the east coast, but not because of the reasons you think. It bad not because it doesn’t accurately rep Jersey, but because now all idiots will be flocking to jersey. (writer’s home town)

That is fucking hilarious. I have yet to watch the show or really even look at this thread but that article got me. Are these people really as much of a train wreck as he describes? I can’t imagine people quite at that level so I’m now interested.

Have you seen the trailer of this show?
Who the hell needs about 45 cans to work on their hair?
This show negatively portrays the Italian lifestyle and the terms guidos and guidettes are derogatory. Screw this show and their lame stereotypes. MTV is a media mind fuck towards the public. Trust me, when MTV say they got the best looking people, apparently they haven’t even scratched the surface. All the members of the show are the ugliest people I’ve seen for an excuse to be Italian.

Moar falcon punch: [media=youtube]E8PfXwVFFv4[/media]

I’ve seen all the trailers and I’ve watched the show. I know exactly what your saying but I don’t see why people are surprised. It’s reality TV…on MTV. Racial stereotypes are going to happen. But clearly this is how these people on the show actually are so it’s kind of hard to say it’s MTV’s fault these people are like that. If it was a scripted show then I’d agree.

MTV had a episode of True Life on the Jersey shore awhile back and it was basically the same exact thing. Nobody complained then though. My problem is the selective outrage from people like Andre DiMino. I guarantee he won’t complain about a show portraying Black stereotypes.

But I do agree the people on the show are disgusting and do portray a stereotype about Italian Americans. However the cast are Italian Americans so I think more of or equal criticism should be directed towards them as well.

Still a funny show though.

fist pumps

-fist pumps in response- I was doing that in the kitchen and my mom thought I was going insane. She wasn’t up on the times, I guess…

I agree with what you said. I think if these people that they put on the show felt the same was as the so-called majority of Italian-Americans, I don’t think they’d be so willing to be on the show. I mean honestly now… If they were making a portrayal of a specific race, I’d assume that they know that their race is gonna be stereotyped. Are they trying their best not to? I dunno, but like Kaori said, it IS MTV we’re talking about. It seems that they can only get rating by putting controversial bullshit on the air. Then we, the viewers, just take it all in.

Like I tell people, if you don’t like it that much, don’t watch it. Plain and simple. Would it matter if they threw an Asian, White and Black person on the show? Would be be considered cultrally sound if it was? Why does it matter if it’s all the same race or not. What if the show was all about snooty White people in Cali? Oh wait, that’s like every other show on TV. The Hills. The OC. Gossip Girl, etc etc. But I don’t see the Caucasian community going in an uproar over it. I don’t think ever White person is some upper class, snooty douchebag that only cares what Sally says and the latest boy toy.

I think the rest of us are just taking it at face value and enjoying the show for what it is. A comedic-drama of a bunch of 20-somethings vacationing at the Jersey Shore.

:u: Jesus, what the fuck is your avatar from?

OMG the Snooki section of that article made me laugh out loud at work, TWICE. You know how you catch yourself in that moment and try to stop it ASAP, no such luck.
I did all i could to hold off for 5 seconds before the thought of Goblin Snookie plowed through my defenses and the lolz continued. People here probably think i’m crazy. oh well.

Uh…It’s me, why? :coffee:

The Situation stormed off, presumably, to take his mind off the situation by watching CNN?s The Situation Room alone in The Situation?s room. <-- That made me laugh a lot. That guy will forever crack me up. Anyone that talks in 3rd person and is serious about it… jeez. Too classic.

I love the coffee icon added to that question. Breasts + coffee= breast coffee.

Dayum…:lovin: :coffee: