"Movie And A Show" Thread: Popcorn Optional

Wtf? “passive aggressive?” He’s a fucking kid and was scared being in a vulnerable position having just found out minutes ago that his crush’s dad is his enemy and that that person has also just realized who he is, and is armed where as he is just in the back of his car with no suit, in a sudden situation, no backup, and still lacking experience. Vulture, seeing and understanding that, just threatens him and thinks that’s enough, asks him to not blow anyone’s cover tonight and move on with life. Not once does he say or imply to fuck or court his daughter, but to just play it cool and show her a good time. I highly doubt he wanted to keep spider-man around, he just wanted to make sure his daughter had a good time and didn’t get suspicious. You thinking there’s a contradiction is all in your head from making assumptions. Remember, the only thing he said was “show her a good time” Not, FUCK HER MARRY HER AND BECOME MY GRANDSON, like wtf?! His motivation is SUPER FUCKING OBVIOUS. He just doesn’t want to make a big scene in front of his kid.

AND THEN despite all that, Peter works up his courage and decides to fight anyway.

For both his friend and aunt he didn’t know either was there and was careless. Shit happens.

Man, I feel like you think everyone must be exactly the same as you, cause how else could you fail to understand that people do dumb shit. Even the smartest people make dumb mistakes all the time. He’s just an inexperienced(as in life experience) kid who is desperate to be acknowledged and who’s fucking hormonal because he’s a goddamn adolescent.

Like what the hell is wrong with you? Are you so completely blind to human biology and the fact that people are all different? Jesus Christ.

1 Like

His personality has nothing to do with the situation he found himself in. His superhuman physical ability gave him an edge in that situation but he choked. He had enough adrenaline in his system to do more even without any ability or gadgets, but he froze. It continued to run through his system for the next five minutes. It was not bravery that caused him to act, but a sense of invincibility and numbness that adrenaline provides. Really, it was reckless of the Vulture to not expect him to do something brash and stupid in that situation with all that adrenaline.

Inexperience is no excuse for a complete lack of common sense. Also, as stated previously, a character has to be stupid to simultaneously seek acknowledgement and repeatedly unashamedly undermine the relationship with the person the character seeks acknowledgement from. Isolated incidents of stupidity would have been acceptable but not so many in quick succession. The circulating hormones at that age cause mood swings and a drive toward experimentation and promiscuity in response to others, not the complete shutdown of the frontal lobe when surveying a situation. Why they had to drag down a renowned icon with such awful character flaws in this incarnation is beyond me.

If the Vulture wanted his kid to have a good time he would have just given him the dad speech and postponed the confrontation until later. You didn’t see Norman Osborne giving Peter the 411 when he was at the dinner table with his son did you (2000’s ‘Spider-Man’)?

So I watched A Quiet Place last weekend. My wife and I were one of about five couples in the theater and right during a silent part- swear to god- dude in the front row let out a gigantic fart. It fucking echoed through the room and we spent the next 10 minutes trying not (but failing) to laugh out loud. It was amazing.

2 Likes

I don’t know why… but your story reminded me of the scene introducing the oracle in ‘Scary Movie 3’.

1 Like

The Predator teaser trailer…

I don’t think anything in the franchise will ever touch the epicness of ‘The Terminator’ and ‘Action Jackson’ being in the same movie.

3 Likes

Some trailers…

From visionary filmmaker Spike Lee comes the incredible true story of an American hero. It’s the early 1970s, and Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) is the first African-American detective to serve in the Colorado Springs Police Department. Determined to make a name for himself, Stallworth bravely sets out on a dangerous mission: infiltrate and expose the Ku Klux Klan. The young detective soon recruits a more seasoned colleague, Flip Zimmerman (Adam Driver), into the undercover investigation of a lifetime. Together, they team up to take down the extremist hate group as the organization aims to sanitize its violent rhetoric to appeal to the mainstream. Produced by the team behind the Academy-Award® winning Get Out.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet. The film traces the meteoric rise of the band through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound, their near-implosion as Mercury’s lifestyle spirals out of control, and their triumphant reunion on the eve of Live Aid, where Mercury, facing a life-threatening illness, leads the band in one of the greatest performances in the history of rock music. In the process, cementing the legacy of a band that were always more like a family, and who continue to inspire outsiders, dreamers and music lovers to this day. In Theaters November 2, 2018 Cast: Rami Malek, Lucy Boynton, Gwilym Lee, Ben Hardy, Joseph Mazzello, Aiden Gillen, Tom Hollander, and Mike Myers

2 Likes

‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ looks really great. I will need to watch it at some point.

Really…it warranted a sequel?

No Sesame. All Street. THE HAPPYTIME MURDERS is a filthy comedy set in the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles where puppets and humans coexist. Two clashing detectives with a shared secret, one human (Melissa McCarthy) and one puppet, are forced to work together again to solve the brutal murders of the former cast of a beloved classic puppet television show.
Coming to Theaters August 17th, 2018
Cast: Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Joel McHale, and Elizabeth Banks
Director: Brian Henson
Writer: Screenplay by Todd Berger, Story by Todd Berger & Dee Austin Robertson
Producers: Brian Henson, Jeff Hayes, Melissa McCarthy, Ben Falcone

Hyped…

1 Like

A night ago I watched a film from 1982 called “Night Shift” and it genuinely surprised me. The premise of the film was that a set of morticians pulling night shifts at the city mortuary started a prostitute management business. The most surprising aspect of the film was the people involved. To begin, it was directed by Ron Howard and starred Henry Winkler. In case anyone is not aware both were part of the cast of the show called “Happy Days” in which Henry Winkler portrayed “The Fonz” and Ron Howard portrayed Richie Cunningham (a teenager seeking Fonzie’s acknowledgement). The reversal of their roles and the change from family friendly to borderline adult entertainment was interesting. Even more interesting was that Henry Winkler portrayed a loser in this film in contrast to the cool guy he portrayed in the aforementioned show. To add to that Michael Keaton was his eccentric wingman in contrast to the relatively grounded characters that Keaton usually portrays (1988’s ‘Beetlejuice’ excluded). But the one thing that left me completely astonished was that Shelley Long, who is best known for her role as Diane Chambers (the overeducated cocktail waitress from a rich family) in the American sitcom “Cheers” portrayed a prostitute in this film. The acting in the film was great and a lot of the actors had great chemistry, but it was the way the film flipped all the roles that I associate with its actors on their respective heads that blew my mind.

I did not know there was a first, but here is a pretty badass intro from 2003’s ‘Taxi 3’ featuring Stallone.

Some Trailers…

Mowgli

The Sisters Brothers

Skyscraper

Hotel Atremis (Red Band)

The King

Todd McFarlane directing…and Jamie Foxx starring.

So, I found out that a third season of ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ already came out. I really enjoyed the second one and was pretty hooked on this season as well. They really went out of their way to parody the original ‘Evil Dead 2’ in this show and while episodes were inconsistent in quality they really kept the momentum going throughout the show. The third season really felt like a continuation of the second, but with less traditional horror elements and more mysticism. I really enjoyed the whole unknown daughter addition as it kind of helped flesh out more about Ash William’s character and his past. The show is not getting a fourth season, but I feel happy that the show went out on a high note.

Looks cool…

1 Like

Sounds like a Kill Bill movie…

1 Like

When the trailer started with all the family shit, I felt that the film was not worth watching as it retread the same shit I have been seeing for years in a less impressive fashion. However, when dead bodies started hanging on Ferris wheels and bullets started flying I remembered how much I love revenge plots and action films. I will definitely check the film out, thanks for posting the trailer.

1 Like

“Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2” leaves Litwak’s video arcade behind, venturing into the uncharted, expansive and thrilling world of the internet—which may or may not survive Ralph’s wrecking. Video game bad guy Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) and fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) must risk it all by traveling to the world wide web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope’s video game, Sugar Rush. In way over their heads, Ralph and Vanellope rely on the citizens of the internet—the netizens—to help navigate their way, including a webite entrepreneur named Yesss (voice of Taraji P. Henson), who is the head algorithm and the heart and soul of trend-making site “BuzzzTube.” Directed by Rich Moore (“Zootopia,” “Wreck-It Ralph”) and Phil Johnston (co-writer “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Cedar Rapids,” co-writer “Zootopia,”), and produced by Clark Spencer (“Zootopia,” “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Bolt”), “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-Ralph 2” hits theaters on Nov. 21, 2018.

I like “Raplh wrecks the Internet” better…

Another Disney sequel that isn’t necessary. Hard pass

2 Likes