"Movie And A Show" Thread: Popcorn Optional

It is… but it is still better than Homecoming. :coffee:

Its really not.

3 Likes

Please explain, because to me Homecoming has no redeeming qualities and has so little to do with Spider-Man as a character that it might as well be about a generic superhero jobber # whoeverthefuckisinMCUnowadays.

No, you’ve already made up your mind and have no intenrions of changing it so im not gonna waste my time. Its very clear you dont know much about Spiderman at all so to try and convince you otherwise is fucking pointless.

I will say Homecoming is shot leagues better then Spiderman 3 was and that alone made it nicer to watch.

1 Like

If you can’t bother to explain why it is better, than it clearly isn’t all that worthwhile as a movie is it?

Well…didn’t know this was in production.

Is Jamie Foxx supposed to be Little John? I hope the movie is better than the trailer.

Its not the movie that isnt worthwhile, i thought my post was pretty easy to understand. Oh well.

Gonna see Black Panther later today and Infinity War tomorrow hopfully.

A new Robin Hood is kind of random.

Your post was along the lines of “I can’t win, so I am not going to play,” but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed that you simply cared so little about the film that defending its script, acting, casting, and/or execution wasn’t worthwhile to you.

You assumed wrong. No big deal. I dont care about winning or losing on the internet, thats fucking stupid.

1 Like

It is not about winning or losing. It is about making your opinion relevant by shining a light on irrefutable evidence that supports your biased viewpoint.

No its not, you’re making it about that. i dont have to do shit. Ive seen people have these conversations with you, its a fucking waste of time and i wont be bothering. We disgree about the quality of the movie, get over it.

The fact you already have called me biased shows what a waste of time conversing with you any farther on the subject would be. Why bother. No thanks.

1 Like

Spider-Man 3 is fucking garbage. Homecoming is awesome.

Homecoming is okay at best but still leagues better than 3. Go fuck yourself neveryoumind

I find it most amusing none of you can explain what makes it better. You might as well have said nothing.

Spidey3

2 Likes

I already mentioned that… Even the scene where he dances to spite Mary Jane, which is in my opinion the worst scene of the movie, isn’t as terrible as the two scenes in Homecoming that I mentioned above.

(That Robin Hood movie will probably bomb as hard as the most recent King Arthur movie. Seeing crossbows used is cool though.)

…That said, why did I come back 17 posts of a one-sided pissing contest over Spider-Man: Homecoming supposedly being worse than Spider-Man 3? Like…what.

Although I too expect this to be Sisyphean, I am bored enough to type up a rebuttal before I leave since I’m here anyway since he keeps asking.

First, I find it amusing that the scenes you choose to use as “proof” of Peter’s fuck-ups are basically only proof of Flash being a dick to him for reasons that honestly, to me, came off like some weird homosexual crush on Flash’s part, especially given that random ass-slap. You didn’t even cite as them as low-brow cringe, which I could have at least understood, or one of the other most divisive things about the movie like the Michelle “MJ” character played by Zendaya (?) & how necessary or not she was or like Iron Man arguably hijacking the movie & making it Iron Man 7.5.

You could have at least linked to the car scene with Keaton that you were talking about if you had a problem with that too since that complaint seems to be more substantive. For the record, however, I don’t understand why you have problem with the way Keaton threatened him either. Toomes telling “Pedro” to show his daughter a good time at homecoming a) doesn’t mean that Toomes necessarily wanted Peter to have sex with her and b) isn’t incongruous with thinking that Peter is an overall good kid…who is a legit pain in the ass to Toomes’s illegal endeavors as Spider-Man. That’s part of why he gave him a choice in the first place.

To me, of the complaints about Homecoming you did list, what doesn’t make sense is acting like Peter fucking up in essentially his first outing (in this universe) is completely beyond the norm since we’ve had two similar versions of that in the past couple of decades. This especially since this version of Peter is the youngest yet even though the previous two were also (pretending to be) in (late) high school. At least this version went without Maguire’s ugly, ugly crying, which is definitely an improvement all around.

I’m not even sure that I would say the times that Peter fucked up as Spider-Man in the movie were due to him being a “dickhead”. A bit impulsive and a lot inexperienced & naive? Sure. But I can’t say there’s anything in Homecoming that currently comes to mind where he was straight up arrogant. I find that super ironic since you bring up the straight-up character assassin that Peter Parker experienced in Spider-Man 3 in the same post as something you didn’t enjoy when those are legitimate examples of arrogance. Sure, that was essentially being “possessed”, but still, arrogance out of the badly dancing ass.

And, really, the executive meddling that forced Sam Raimi to include the Venom symbiote was basically what ruined Spider-Man 3 and series of the franchise as a whole. Pretty much everyone disagreeing with you would probably at least agree that focusing on the plot-line focusing on Harry’s feelings of betrayal and revenge would have made a much better movie, even if in the movie as it was that plot-line could have arguably been dispelled a lot more quickly, especially for how quickly it turns around. Instead, however, we got a fragmented movie with three villains, at least one of which was made in completely stupid circumstances just because scientists were too lazy to (double-)check something. In fact, a lot of the plot of Spider-Man 3 is founded on completely avoidable stupidity, unlike Homecoming’s problem being Peter’s understandable naivete and need to prove himself to Stark, and Harry’s plot-line doesn’t save it, at least to me and most other people.

You’re welcome to like Spider-Man 3, even over Homecoming, but let’s not act like it’s objectively better somehow please, especially if those are your only reasons.

2 Likes

That’s why no one bothers. It’s all your opinion. And when the discussion ISN’T on opinions, you’ve shown REGULARLY to not listen to others so fuck you and fuck explaining anything to you.

Edit: Well, I guess someone is still willing to do it lol

1 Like

The scene is not proof of Peter’s fuck ups, just the one that best summarizes the movie as a whole (as was stated). It also cements Peter as a passive aggressive individual unlike in every other incarnation of the character, since he just takes a beating without doing anything about it. Iron Man being the most interesting character in the movie is what makes this incarnation of Peter so worthless as he needs others to cover for his incompetence and inability to improvise (something Spider-Man is best known for). I am indifferent about his love interest as Peter Parker has had many different ones across his multiple incarnations.

It all comes down to the Vulture being fine with his daughter engaging in a courting ritual with his nemesis. Regardless of how well behaved a teenager is, hormones at that age are a driving force toward copulation in the long run. To deny that biological drive exists or will not have any impact on the present or future is irresponsible. So, his entire speech about family being important is either completely contradictory or he wants Peter to be his son-in-law. Either way it brings his character’s motivation into question.

The word I used is perfectly befitting of a character that makes so many consecutive stupid decisions. He reveals his identity to both a friend and his Aunt over the course of the movie, which is shear stupidity on his part. He is even nearly killed by a tangled parachute underwater despite having the strength to pull it apart (before being saved by the friendly neighborhood Iron Man). Also, he boneheadedly plays with a power core despite knowing jack shit about it instead of sending it to a more knowledgeable expert (usually Doctor Connors in many incarnations, Tony Stark in this context). It then becomes the cause of the entire Washington Monument accident, which the Vulture surprisingly does not recognize. Peter fixing his own fuck up is more about breaking even than accomplishing anything. His attempt to intervene during the ferry incident as Spider-Man instead of being an observer as Peter Parker in the middle of a crowded setting is not a matter of experience as it goes against common sense. Despite finding the 3’s “bad” Peter Parker’s actions to be in bad taste, his motivations and decisions were relatively understandable unlike the new Peter’s. A character has to be stupid to simulataneously seek acknowledgement and repeatedly unashamedly undermine the relationship with the person the character seeks acknowledgement from. I do not like Spider-Man 3, but to say that something as intellectually stillborn, contradictory, and irrerevant to the Spider-Man intellectual property as Homecoming is better is insulting to my sensibilities.

Topher Grace was not a good fit for Venom, but at least his rivalry as Eddie Brock with Peter in selling photography to the Daily Bugle was entertaining. Spider-Man 3’s Sandman was undeniably mediocre but his retroactive involvement in the accident that created Spider-Man’s alter ego was the main issue as it was completely unnecessary. However, in case you do not recall the origin of Spider-Man’s abilities have been equally as absurd (genetically engineered or radioactively altered spider’s bite), so that’s neither here nor there.

Also, at least the 3rd film featured J. Jonah Jameson. Homecoming did not mention photography, reporting, or the Daily Bugle at all and those have been centerpieces for Spider-Man lore since time immemorial.