Mother Russia Special! July 5th, 2013 Pre-Evo Late Minute Matches! Movie feature Samurai Cop!

A few things:

1. There are people who enjoy fighters primarily for the competition. I used to definitely be one of these…if I couldn’t play with others and try to improve, I didn’t see the point. I would say on the other side of the same coin, there are people who genuinely love the games. For example, I play oldass Fatal Fury Special, and I don’t care how old it is and if it has competition or not, I am down to play it whenever and wherever because I think it’s great.

So ST is the longest lived tournament fighting game ever, and the only reasons it has stood that test of time is because a) People think it’s really good and it doesn’t matter what new games come out, and b) People are attracted to the competition ST brings.

So I cannot blame him for liking HDR just because it’s not at Evo… I play ST and it’s only just recently announced as a side tourney for evo…but I don’t care, as long as I can get people to play with me, I will always play ST because I love the game and IMO it is the best.

Secondly, you guys are not going to be able to prove anything because there’s about a 90% chance you can’t beat him at HDR Carlos, and there’s absolutely a 100% chance he can’t beat you at any SFIV. So I think you guys should stop with the money match thing, there is nothing to be proved there. I think you guys are both at least semi decent human beings, so you should either powow with a beer and learn to get along, or just ignore each other, one of those.

I grew up playing SF2 Hyper Fighting at the arcades & SNES…I didn’t like how they added supers & stuff, turned me off into fighting games…I stop playing fighting games for almost a decade until XBL brought out Hyper Fighting, once Hyper Fighting died out, i slowly went to HDR…I’ve been hooked since, i tried getting into ST but the matchups are just too lopsided to my taste, especially since I main Gief who loses to pretty much all of his matchups.
Yes ST is fun to watch but frustrating for bottom tier characters to play. I mean ST was practically the main show in Battle of Seattle.
As for SFIV, matches are just way too slow for me…SSFIV helped a lot but still dont like the game.

Sorry Julian, its 100% he cant beat me in HDR in 7 game set & yeah im pretty sure i cant beat him SFIV either. That’s why i did this to prove a point when he challenge me to a money match in SFIV.

You really need to see me play HDR, im just in another level compared to my ST Gief. But im slowling improving my ST Gief, next time you see it ill level up even more…The 1st time i played you ST my muscle memory was way off & then Battle Seattle i probably only got about 2 sessions of training. Once i get my setup going in Mother Russia i can be crown king Gief in the Northwest!

Oh & last i dont mind the online drama haha i live for that…

No, I really don’t. I care about HDR as much as I care about SFIV, which is zero.

But I was telling people how much you improved at ST compared to the last time I played you at my house, the improvement was impressive, but I can only be “impressed” with how people play ST. I was super dissapointed we didn’t play in the tournament!

The logic of this seems a little weird to me. If someone was world champion at Evo in HDR and yet had never played ST, would that mean nothing about their ability to play say, Zangief? Would you learn literally nothing from watching someone like that play HDR?

I see this mentality with ST folks a lot where it’s like other games don’t even exist, and people are looked down upon unless they’ve specifically accomplished something in ST.

The difference between ST and SFIV is clearly immense. But it seems like it’s fashionable to consider ST and HDR wildly different when they clearly are not.

Yes, Rcaido was a “baby Zangief” when we first played cus he couldn’t SPD on the real game, but he’s since practiced and graduated to a legit zangief.

And I do think plenty of other real games exist, I just think HDR is inferior to ST so I don’t value HDR play. I play tons of other fighters than ST, ST is just my favorite. I really don’t want to devolve another HDR vs ST thread, so my bad for bringing it up.

HDR vs ST is ok in this thread…Any kind of HDR talk is ok with me…

Also anyone who wants to come over to play some HDR or ST at Mother Russia on friday send me a pm.

I also do online HDR
You can play me on XBL, im top 3 gief (Baklakiller)
or
Play me in PSN which im the top Gief player (rcaido)

If you want to learn the Gief matchup let me know…

They don’t. Especially not sirlin’s abomination!

Super Turbo Revival.

I want to make a trip down to Oly to play you guys when I am not running around with my head cut off like at BFS, and I will help the twins learn the Boxer matchup too. Do you have an ST setup Ryan? My car is in crap shape right now though.

How different is the dreamcast port of ST from the original arcade port? I think that’s what we usually play since the Showcase cab has been down. I don’t know if he has an ST board or not, he might though ( I want to say yes). You should definitely come down though! Mo’ ST mo’ betta.

My ST setup was in that Showcase cab but i’ve been to busy & also a bit lazy in getting that monitor info sent out to those sites you sent me.

But as of right now, i took out Dreamcast setup(Atomiswave) & currently is now only for arcade use. The only problem is that i dont have a CPS2 kick harness at the moment. I ordered from Jamma Boards but they haven’t sent it out yet since last week…So yeah we have an arcade ST but only punch buttons haha…Hopefully those bitches will have it by Friday…

Church- I was told that the DC was suppose to be Arcade perfect but i think there is a slight lag in the execution. Also the speed seem a bit off to me after trying to play it after Battle of Seattle.

Also notice how awesome HDR is in actual CRT arcade monitor & not that Vewlix cab i have currently. It flows so much better like the arcade ST board i have. You guys be the judge of that this Friday…

Did you set up the dipswitches for DC ST? The speed is fine, there are a few stupid minor changes but it’s basically arcade perfect.

I can make you a kick harness I have tons of connectors.

Yeah if you could that would be sweet, i would do it myself but have no idea where to buy the connector to connect to the ST board.

Ok I will make you one, it’s a pretty obscure Japanese-made connector, I bought the last 19 they had from either mouser.com or digikey when I bought them, dunno if they are still available.

Alright its on like donkey kong! hint hint

Anyway, who is coming up to Mother Russia this Friday…I need head count as always…

You now that we will be there this Friday.

I plan on showing up.

What time should we head up to your place?

So is just you three muchachos? Time is 6-ish…I’ll probably make some hotdogs if the weather holds up…

I’ll be picking up Ryan, so that makes 4.

Scratch that, Ryan’s out, so we’re back to three.