Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

If there are trolls, let a mod know and we’ll stomp out the problem.

It’s always better to let mods deal with trolls unless there’s some actual humor being presented.

Got some questions. I haven’t played this in a while, and our friend that has the game has been reading up on the Flash(I’ve beaten him a bunch, but flash needs to be put down). As far as I’m concerned he isn’t god tier, so what is some good match-up info for:

Sub-Zero vs Flash
Scorpion vs Flash
Shang Tsung vs Flash

Also, anyone got any good BnBs for those three?

Edit: It’s the ps3 version, by the way.

What’s the BEST MK community on the web? I want to check it out.

probably ultimatemk, but they’re mostly all about UMK3.

Well, you have to choose a character that you can zone with or has decent fireball speed. Make that fool attempt to jump over the fireballs and just uppercut him out of the air.

Before you know it, the GL player will try 1 of 2 things:
[LIST]
[]Attempt to jump over your fireballs
[
]Unleash a long range hammer on your ass.
[/LIST]

Hopefully not the latter.

If you can get him to jump enough times, he will eventually get tired of getting uppercutted and start using air breakers. When you’re down to the wire vs GL, never attempt to touch him with anything other than projectiles.

Peace

Check the sig :wgrin:

Yes, 2d is preferred there, but if you want to meet good 3d players (UMK.com has them too) but MortalKombatUnited.com has the bigger community.

But the forum there is like a fucking playground.

Sub 75%

[media=youtube]taQR8nxuiYQ[/media]

Liu 62%:

[media=youtube]ZOp1MfNREFM[/media]

On the Tier List:

Where did Tom posted that? Wonder Woman lowes char? With that 50/50 horrible mixups? (leg kick mid/low grab low)

WW can’t approach. That’s her downfall.

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?t=728
That’s the site I’ve been going to. . .and most people seem to post seriously. .

Man. I jus’ gotta give you a shout out on your sig. Lulz worthy.

She has 30% 3 hit combos. She has standing 1 or 2 which is stupid up close. She’s fine. Again, people just don’t play the game enough to get it, she’s definitely NOT the worst character at all.

Agreed. When she is up close her hand stand shit and the low grab mixups are crazy. Also low grab seems to track so SS is useless against that. Blocked chain into 50/50 mixup is deadly too.

IMO WW should not be last but I ve played the game just a bit to argue on tier listings.

Hola fellows. There is a tournament today I’m going to and I have never played this game. I need to know which character will give me the best chance of victory (is easiest to pick up and be competiive with) and also some strats. I’m extremely coachable. Thanks in advance!

The Flash is your man.

Punish anything whiffed/blocked with his Kabal dash, then combo with 221, b,f+2. You can also add a 4 before the b,f+2 if you’re really quick.

The other main part of his game is mixup between 3 (mid) and b+3 (low). 3 gives you plenty of time to hit-confirm the Kabal dash, leading to the same combo as above. The b+3 is a little bit different since it’s a launcher, but there is a trick resulting in easy & damaging combos from it. After the b+3, perform the Kabal dash, then teleport with d/b+3. Wait for the opponent to land, then do the 221 stuff outlined above. The game says it doesn’t combo, but it does - I think because the teleport puts you behind the opponent so they can’t block the 221.

That’s pretty much what you need to know with this character. Just be aware that all of his best moves (dash, 3, b+3) are very unsafe. In fact, some players are now saying that Darkseid is better than Flash because he has the same 50/50 except his is completely safe. Unfortunately I never got to unlock that character or I would give advice for him as well.

Best of luck!

Thanks! I’ll let you know how things go!

I never said she wasn’t good in other areas. I just said she can’t really get close to characters like Jax, GL, etc. She lacks approach options.

I don’t think she’s the worst, but she’s not that great.

Old news to the MK heads in here, but Tom Brady updated his tier list a bit.

1. Green Lantern
  2. Darkseid
  3. Shao Khan
  4. Flash
  5. Raiden
  6. Superman
  7. Kitana
  8. Liu Kang
  9. Deathstroke
  10. Batman
  11. Scorpion
  12. Sub-Zero
  13. Shang Tsung
  14. Captain Marvel
  15. Baraka
  16. Jax
  17. Sonya
  18. Kano
  19. Lex Luthor
  20. Catwoman
  21. Wonder Woman
  22. Joker

He’s working on it more, thinks Kitana might be higher and Sub could be top 10 (as he puts it, Sub with rage is like Cable with 5 meters).

Sub with Rage is insane. Bye-bye 120-something% in life. :slight_smile:

Anyway, from what I’ve played offline, I can believe the more recent list. Flash is more punishable, Kit and GL don’t suffer from lag, Raiden’s teleport becomes a little bit more bearable but not much…it’s overall a solid list.

I still think GL shouldn’t be #1, but whatever. Character I picked to main upon him being confirmed in the game is good, so I’m happy. :slight_smile:

gonna ask again, why is joker low, even offline? people before said he was really strong.

The Joker is limited by the player’s capacity for epic mindfuckery. You need to out-think your opponent more with him than with most of the other characters because so many of Joker’s better moves are so situational.
Also, :sad: at the low-ranking Wonder Woman, but it’s true, so true.