MORTAL KOMBAT 11 | NetherRealm Fighter Lounge

I think Scorpion has the spear in all 3 variations. It’s a signature move and shouldn’t be absent. He will have more moves at his disposal depending upon which form you choose at the character select screen.

This game looks insane…I can’t wait but this leaves more than enough time to pick up a new gen console.

I entered in this thread through my profile/comments.

Maybe that’s the reason why they aren’t many comments here

Btw EB said that this game will introduce the most new characters in an MK game. So at the very least we’ll have 12 in MKX

Cassie’s giving me a Lien Neville vibe on her gameplay. This cannot be good…

That’s what I thought, same stance and similar “requesting backup” move

Because SRK hates MK. They don’t want people to talk about it.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/destinygg/website/master/scripts/emotes/emoticons/Kappa.png

My bets are on Shinnok but reimagined to be infinitely more badass than the shit we got in MK4.

Either way, I hope boss characters like Shao Kahn are actually playable members of the cast instead of awkward powerhouses.

Say what you want about NRS, but there is a lot fighting games like SF can learn from them, like:

1- Story can sell a fighting. A good story can sell ANY game actually.

2- Detailed, fleshed out and evolving characters. The attention to detail NRS gives every character be it their relations with other characters (all the unique voiced intros!), the variations in their costume and moves (that still fall in line with the character’s motif, unlike SF4’s alt costume which are merely comic reliefs), and of course their stories. SF characters in both appearance and motivation have been stuck in 1992 for 20 years, which is a shame considering how popular they’ve become.

3- Not afraid to take risks with their fighting engine.

Then again, there is a lot that MK can learn from SF4, which STILL looks like a better a fighting game with more fluid animations. Hopefully, NRS can fix crap like Cassie’s bullshit model and movements.

Maybe I be crucified but fighting games needs only a good playability and when I said good, need understand it like hitboxes, frame data and many technicals aspects involved in a fighting game. Course I have my main chars but that’s secondary because I can consider myself a versatile player and I don’t care if my main char don’t appear in the next game, I just need learn about the new chars, choose someone and done, let’s fight.
Stories and anything out of the fight can be sold - or not - in other media like extra contents included in the game - but outside of the gameplay, comics, web series, etc, because it will take off the dynamism of the fight. Maybe it’s sound strange after this opinion but I really love MK9 cutscenes but I prefer watch all of them out of the gameplay.
Stories are a good factor in other genres but just imagine if The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, and all game series with an excellent history were a fighting game!

Cassie’s stand animation looks stupid and really goofy.

Her character model looks good when she’s on character select screen. But during a match she has that weird NRS pose. Fix the pose slightly and she’d look fine.

On a side note: I can’t wait to see the Madcatz MK stick…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpg2FxNCPq4

Not much but still a person who knows how to play fighting games impressions of the game. Positive feedback from playing the game is great, even better that people are getting in NRS’s ass about netcode.

For most Sub-Zero player I’m assuming they are gonna stick with his “Grandmaster” variation aka MK9 Sub-Zero,since he has Ice Clone (That fucking detonates!!!), Ice ball,and slide (which I hope is safe). For me I’m messing with his “Cryomancer” variation first.

Kotal Kahn or whatever his name is does look like a cross between Sindel and Shao Kahn…

You right its Kotal Kahn and how does he look like a cross between Sindel & Shao Kahn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWhWTgzTc0

Yeah Teleporting Raiden is the only one I plan to use lol. Those teleport combos are too sexy to ignore. It’s fun to speculate on which version of characters will be competitive or the strongest against the majority of the cast.

I love how the games is given characters different forms so people who are characters loyalist aren’t completely fucked in certain matchups.

Also now that the obvious returning characters are out the way we can finally get some surprises back, I hope we get to see remastered Kai and Mavado. Mileena should also be be returning so can’t wait to see her moves.

Day 1 main right there!

Definitely Not Dead Characters from MK9
Skarlet
Kenshi
Rain
Ermac
Mileena
Quan Chi
Reptile
Sheeva
Baraka
Shinnok???
Tanya???

All I care about is netcode…and faster walkspeed.