MORTAL KOMBAT 11 | NetherRealm Fighter Lounge

I would have like to have seen Kung Jin with young Liu and Lao. Seeing young Lao treat Jin like a dork would have been worth it.

I’m listening to Scorpion and Jacqui intros. Wtf is your girl marrying into? Blood ceremony seems a bit much.

Ed Boon backed up his “nobody ever really dies in Mortal Kombat” with Kronika.

Speaking of which. If Kronika is based on Chronos (god of time) then it makes sense what they MK characters talk about “the legends are true” and such.

…produced the hermaphroditic god Phanes who gave birth to the first generation of gods and is the ultimate creator of the cosmos…

One of the characters refers to Kronika as the god of gods…

Maybe Shinnok is based on:

was often conceived as a primordial deity, representing the personification of darkness; for instance, Hesiod’s Theogony identifies him as one of the first five beings in existence

EDIT:

SonicFox with some Erron stuff

some sonya stuff by titaniumtigers

is there any good counter picks for scorpion and jax and kabal

Not sure about Scorpion and Kabal, but for Jax, I’d take a look at Skarlet. Jax’s biggest weakness is his inability to deal with good zone game and Skarlet excels at keeping her opponent out.

https://www.worldvideogamehalloffame.org/games/mortal-kombat

When arcade game manufacturer Midway Games asked programmer Ed Boon and artist John Tobias to create a game to compete with the surging popularity of Capcom’s Street Fighter II , the designers and the rest of their four-person team worked eight months straight to deliver their counter punch, Mortal Kombat .

1 Like

Just got my first Quitality :joy:

1 Like

@Evil_Canadian

you missed quiet a bunch of chars in your video… :thinking:

what do you guys expect from that online reg entry which is still locked for 18 days or so?
could be a league like ranking mode?

current ranked mode seems to have no actuall ranks, just points and based on that they somehow place you on the list. really wonder how the system works exactly and if something like a matchmaking system is in place…

does anyone know if a app for framedata exist already which is good and up to date?

I love MK11 but the amount of hatemails Im getting on the first week even tops MK10 and Injustice games like damn!

1 Like
1 Like

No I didn’t. I hit what I wanted to hit, I didn’t wanna make an hour long video so I picked routes to guide people towards specific characters. Kung Lao or Geras don’t fit easy to identify molds for playstyles so id just be faffing around forever discussing them. If you got a character crisis you want easy answers and someone to point you in a direction so thats what i did

1 Like

Probably would have helped if you had a disclaimer saying you weren’t going to go over every character just for reference. Maybe even add an edit or annotation with that in.

Solid video otherwise. I’m good at figuring out what characters I wanna play so I’m going with Skarlet and Sonya. Skarlet because I want at least one lamey lame character and I hear she’s better than Cetrion so far and like her design. Sonya because she’s an all around character that also has good zoning. Plus keeps me in line with mostly using the ladies in 2d fighters.

yeah but lets say people are not sure and shrinked it down to 2-3 chars, the video might let them stay behind with a big ? because they dont know why for example when they want to play a zoner shouldnt play liu, jade or kitana or more to say why you did not mentioned them at all. do they suck at that aspect of the game, ect…these questions might then pop up which might lead to them questioning themself and their picks while stayhing behind with more questions then answers.

ps: welcome to the mk11 thead ;p

Dojo Section got a Update - dont forget to disable your addblockers while watching all that stuff to support the content creators.

That’s scary D:

well, thats like start to work in a butchery and complain later on that you couldnt handle it.
some jobs are not meant for everyone and in term of mk…you should know what you get into.

so how is it going for everyone, do you guys already found your main to stick to?

How do I see the netcode connection now on switch after this recent patch? Come on NRS!
No bars shown?

Love getting some quitalities