MORTAL KOMBAT 11 | NetherRealm Fighter Lounge

So far I’ve gone through Sub-Zero(Previous Main), Kung Jin and Kotal Khan.

Kotal Khan is ridiculously fun, Kung Jin is a really strong character but I’m conflicted on which variation I like the most, and Sub-Zero is a nice beginner/balanced character. I think I’m gonna move onto Takeda once I’m done toying around with Kung Jin, the new characters are beating my expectations at the moment they’ve all been really fun. Side note also, how do you properly utilize run cancels? I’ve seen people toying with them in combos but nothing major. Nothing I’ve seen so far looks worth the trouble of attempting it online, basics seem to work well enough for me at the moment.

I’m trying to figure who else to play. I’ve just been focusing on mostly Inferno Scorpion, but eh it’s Scorpion.

Friend suggested Jax/Ermac, I actually hate fighting them both along with Erron Black.

I also tried Kung Jin a little, Ancestral and Bojitsu. Dunno if zoning is any good in this game tbh. I kinda drop Sub Zero run cancel combos, coming from SF and going back to pad kinda makes it frustrating at times.

Bojutsu seems to get higher damage and Ancestral gets safer mix-up and zoning, they’re both REALLY good. Can’t decide.

If you’re struggling for characters try Takeda, he looks like one of the best in the game to me. Comes across as a better Scorpion.

I’m probably gonna move onto Johnny next, nobody is using him at all. Stunt Double looks mad good.

Inferno Scorpions vortex is badass.
Holy shit, I’d never think I’d enjoy a gimmicky 50/50 rushdown character, but this guy is the shit.
I usually play “honest” footsie and zoning based characters like Ryu and Ken in the SF series.

I guess it’s less about the playstyle and more about the characters themselves for me.

Everyone else using Scorpion is why I don’t want to play him lol. They don’t even try to learn combos and he can get close to 40% easy.

I was considering Takeda since I saw Alioune’s combo video. There’s Sub Zero too, but the same issue as Scorpion. That and going back to pad, I drop easy combos that involve run cancel, which leaves me kinda salty.

A lot of people complain about Ancestral being very weak, but it’s a zoning style… They also haven’t seen Chris G cause the damage he’s doing is well over 20% like people complain about.

You can play ninjitsu Scorpion and cripple yourself lol.
Dunno what NRS was thinking because both his b+2 and f+2 are fucking garbage.

Slow start up so you can’t punish shit with it, except for people who like whiff 3-hit strings half screen away from you, and even then b+2 mostly gets beaten, lol and they have such slow startup that you can’t even put them there to tell your opponent to not come close to you.
Also if you hit them, the scaling on f+2,f+2 is so fucking bad that the resulting combo gets like 22% damage max, or even less if you try to vortex that shit.

Basically all you get for playing ninjitsu is two slow ass attacks that are easy to block but at least juggle, and one more combo ender/overhead string for wake-up pressure.

For how low his damage output compared to the other configurations is, he should have better mid-range pokes and/or speed.

Here’s me hoping someone finds some really good tech with him because I really enjoyed him in the past week of playing MKX.
Gonna grind out that vortex until the ninjitsu gets buffed, I find matchups that it’s useful for or someone finds insane tech with it.

Also I’m so tired that I can’t even write without editing 2000 times anymore, cuz I must’ve played 48 hours of MK since release xD

So is everyone in this thread still theory fighting or can anyone get some actual matches in today?

A lot of people seem to play Ninjutsu, I thought I was weird not playing it. I’ve only been playing Inferno and Hellfire is whatever.

I may go with Kung Jin, just because I find his stuff easy… Not gonna lie, I just want someone cheap. I always play the honest, footsie type character, bored of it. In SF4 I’ve switched to bs characters too.

Yeah I’ve been getting all my info for MKX from TYM for 2 months. The tech readily availible there for every character shits all over SRK’s forum.

Sub Zero is super strong. Been blowing people up with corner lockdown and screen control since day 1. I thought he was bad at first but I find new set ups and gimmicks for him every day. Grandmaster shits on other variations.

Only time I use a change is Unbreakable against my friend who has a sick ass Reptile. Ice parry and reduced damage and no chip cripples that match up and completely changes it.

Goro is godlike. Mad people sleeping on him. Love ending a string a tick earlier into stomp for 10% extra damage and hard knockdown. Use Kuatan Warrior alot and people are never prepared for Goro zoning them out. Ground pound/ high fireball control very strong.

What are they gonna do? Teleport next to me? LOL great now I can avoid Goro’s less than stellar footies and blow your shit up in the corner. Ex Punchwalk gives no fucks about your wake up either so hold these block strings.

Loving the game. It’s actually making me appreciate TYM more because more opinions and ideas are there.

I guess that answers my question.

Johnny Cage - Stunt Double has ferocious potential in my eyes. Combo extension, long range safe pokes, anti-airs that go into 20-30%, straight fireball. I’m using him now, he’s an interesting variation, definitely thinking about maining.

Don’t really expect you to be from the EU, that’s why I didn’t say anything.
If anyone’s from Europe and wants to beat up my scrubby Scorpion, drop me a message.

I wouldn’t know about Goro. Didn’t pre-order, only seen my friend play him badly, and never really liked him as a character. xD

So yeah, I just left him blacked out on my screen.

I think Reptile/Ermac will be a prob if someone studies em.

I saw some of what was on TYM for Ermac and definitely blew my ideas out of the water. I gotta get used to these notations and what not. Also seems Master of souls is better than Mystic, yet for same principle, a grab/freezing move.

As for Scorpion Ninjutsu, f+2 is the bomb!
2 player, kombat, brutality mode on, instant kill. I switched to special forces and hit 50 in a little over an hour.
Lin Keui is done since I started with them, SF done, already 25 on Red Dragon.

Anyone knows how the fuck i can play 2 player local?
When I plug in my PS3 stick he uses the same player slot as the PS4 controller.

Read on SRK frontpage that people can still play with 1 stick and 1 controller but shit seems impossible.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the author didn’t actually play the game and just assumed shit though.

“I think Ermac will be a problem”.

Meter build glitch lol.

I’m not sure which variant of Kung Jin I like best. Jax stuff too easy to drop online.

I love how this is already a “problem” when no one has actually even explored its full potential yet.

Liu Kang slept on btw, damage is whatever mid screen, but that corner…

I’m on PS4 my PSN is Rioting_Soul. If you or anyone else want some games then add me. I live in Virginia. How shit does online have to be for people to need to know this?

Spoiler

http://oi61.tinypic.com/20f5kar.jpg

Apparently Flame Fist is Liu Kang’s worst variation but I don’t know what to do against his fireball spam. Every character I use has a projectile too slow and/or it hits high. I don’t have teleports either. Flying Kick fucks me over while I’m trying to deal with high/low fireball and it sends me back to full screen. If I happen to luck myself past the fireballs then I have to contend with his annoying 50/50 mixups which knockdown on both options and they come out fast as shit.

I wish Erron Black had the hat for all variations.

People add me Blubaloo on psn

The reason why I settled on Sub as my main after exploring the game not trying to act like I had a main set or have any kind of bias is beacause all of his Variations are good Cryomancer ups your damage on average a whole 10% per combo makes his godlike D2 the best down 2 in the game hands down and gives you a standing vortex as his f+4,2,1+3 ender leaves opponents standing
Unbreakable is good in matchups like Jacqui or errons where they have multi hitting projectile zoning that will shit on grandmaster, reduces the chip to nothing and forces them to poke at you with your parry going. Grandmaster I will say is kind of the go to / default

Goro is definitely a sleeper though hes like a zangief with fireballs and a bunch of other things zangief players would want.