MODS SUGGESTION THREAD: No crying in here

I agree. There are a few forums that have absolutely no need for the [img] tags (like all the xbox live ones). If it is a matter of bandwidth, just take it away from the xbox live forums and give it to Hardware Technical Support and Premium Only. Thanks for looking into this mods…

hm…I suggest certain threads on here to be Perm deleted and physically removed…this forum is getting larger by the day and it’s already bigger than Fight Game Discussions. but that’s what I suggest, most people on here don’t even bother searching and the smaller threads with 5 posts and less that’s at least 2 weeks old should be deleted, what do you guys think?

what about automatically locking them after 2 weeks of no replying cuz if they get deleted, dont people lose their post count?

Suggestion: Make a cool SRK logo for the address bar in our browsers. Right now it is the lame vBulletin logo.

ALSO: Please add image support to the Hardware Technical Support forum. Pretty please?

what’s wrong with the avatar uploader?, can’t seem to change my avatar…

it keeps saying: This is not a valid image file.

even tho, it’s a .jpg…

so, I tried uploading some old ones (both prem, and non-prem) and still nada…

Well I said 2 years ago image mishmash needs to go if bandwidth is that much of a problem but no one seems to realize this.

Sounds good to me, but is there a way to automate the process? Usually, when I find reposts, I just merge them into the already existing threads.

Hey, SK and I just discovered some new mod features: if you double-click the empty space next to a thread title on the topic list, you can edit the title in real-time. Also, if you double-click the far-left envelope icon, you can close/open threads without opening them.

Might come in handy.

yea, i believe you do lose your post count, but hey, i didn’t realize there was a contest on who has the highest number of posts on here. i always thought it should’ve been the quality of the posts you put up here, instead of all the stupid useless and spamming posts that i consistently see on here. but your excuse could be, ya, i know, this is general discussion, but it’s not mainly this forum, it’s other forums too. i’m just being realisitic here, that’s all. how many people on here actually use the search feature? only like 15% members on here i bet ya.

I use search. The problem IMO is that people make threads and title them with shit that isn’t easily searched for. Thread titles need to be clearer because if you search the body of threads, you’ll get an insane amount of hits.

no its not a contest but some people would like to have a galaga ship some day unless there is a way to buy my self-one from wiz. If there is, i sure as hell would like to get myself one.

I do use the search function:karate:

Get rid of IMM?!?
WHere would people get their avatars from? I know of a whole lot of people who joined premium just to get bigger avatars. If you can’t get avs, there goes all those subscriptions. Besides, how much bandwidth does IMM take up? I hold avatar contests (which rock, btw) that get to about 7-8 pages, and I host all the images myself. What’s the problem with that?

IMM is too good to get rid of. Get rid of Jae instead.

…seriously.

I don’t think that reducing the threads will help that much looking at the way VB runs, aside from doing a mass prune, which i think is already in place (or was at some point).

You don’t lose post count based on threads that get deleted.

Mass edit tools FTW.

Yeah because everyone reads IMM

Yeah because everyone hosts images on the SRK servers

I totally agree with this!

Oh, wait. People viewing IMM: 20. People viewing GD: 77. People viewing FGD: 39. Yeah it totally makes sense right

I’ve only got one small problem right now.

It seems that I can’t rep people. whenever I do, it always gives me the error message “You cannot rep the same post twice” reguardless of whether or not I ever repped that post. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post it. If not, I’ll PM a mod with it. Thanks.

-Starhammer-

We should have the option to respond to the person[s] who give us karma.

We still wont know who it is, but at least we can send them a message.

i too have this problem . . . so what’s up with that?

then why have our post counts been going down as you guys delete them? It doesn’t really matter to me, I’m just wondering what the deal is. I’ve heard other v-bulletin sites lose post counts when threads are deleted. What makes SRK different?