MK9: Do you use a Pad or Stick?

I’m curious as to what people are using as far as controllers for this game.
I’ve been using a SIXAXIS, and getting a Stick soon, but concerned that I may
need to get a Pad too, because of the inputs and all.

I use Stick. But I do think a Pad would be better. I’m just to lazy to learn something new.

stick,since i dislike x360 d-pad. I guess it would be ok on ps3 controller,since most inputs are 4-way

PS2 pad plugged into xTokki 360 converter.

it took me awile to find the most optimal button layout for myself, but once i did, its stick all the way.

Stick. I bought one for SFIV and MVC3, so why not use it for MK right?

PS3 pad

xbox pad

i would use ps2 but dont have a converter.

PS3 controller on the PS3 and a fightpad on the 360.

I’ve tried and tried to use my MadCatz TE for this game, but just can’t find a way to map it so that the EX moves are easy.

I’ve since given up and went back to the PS3 pad.

Yeah, its not easy trying to use the SF layout for MK. It takes practice and you’ll probably end up using your pinky to block using your thumb for front kick, index for front punch, and middle for back punch.

I personally use a self made MK stick (based off the combat panel for the TE sticks) and found it much easier to do moves then on a pad.

Personally, I feel MK’s gameplay works better on a pad. I’m new to the stick-world and I can’t find peace with a button layout that’ll let me block and use enhanced attacks without getting my fingers in a twist.

Since I’ve been using Raiden, using a stick has become the only way to go…
It’s so easy to pull off a superman and a teleport with just a flick of a wrist.

MK is better on pad, it’s strange, i don’t feel the same playing MK with stick, pad is the best peripheral for MK games in general.

Use stick for most beat 'em ups but pad for Mortal Kombat.

I went from Pad to TE stick because it’s easier to do the back-front motion with the stick, but doing the EX moves is a bitch and I’d forget where the Block is from time to time so I’m going back to pad again.

,tag, grab, 1.2
,switch stance, BLock , 3.4
,How i use mine . you just keep your thumb around the block and the rest of your fingers to do inputs… the block down inline with the kicks makes slamming a xray easy as pie , if you wanna burn your breakers, For Madcats TE sticks

thats a really good idea to be honest and I think it would be easier for most to adapt then trying to use their pinky for block on default setting.

I use a stick with the default controls for MK. It’s weird because I play every other game primarily on pad and I just can’t play MK9 on it. I end up jumping randomly and I can’t do combos consistently.

Built a hitbox with SF layout, liking it.