MK9 | Combat Mode ACTIVATED - The Cyrax Guide/Thread

I may elaborate on it a bit later but with the amount of input lag I see in MK, I’m not going to risk it for an extra 10%.

Hey everyone, I have been messing around with Cyrax and I have found two additions to KinGDuncH’s combo. The first addition is after the initial j. p, fp, bp ~ Net, do not back dash. You build more meter, and reset the damage scaling if you teleport verses back dash here. Then continue the combo normally and it is now 11% + 56%. Also, it is noted that you need to hold block so you do not forward dash when throwing out the mid bomb. This does work fine this way, however I personally found it easier to just press it really fast and the bomb will come out before a dash. I hope this post made sense to someone lol.

Yeah you can do all those. I didn’t know about the reset at the time i came up with this combo. As for building more meter after the net, teleport is fine, but i prefer anti-air if you are close enough. Its faster and you can do 2 in a row. About the medium bomb input, i just pointed out the holding block trick, cuz its reliable. You can also input the directions while in ex-bomb animation and hit bk when its over or do it really fast like you said.

Its great that more and more people are starting to like Cyrax, we need more posts and discussions.

just got the game today and cant wait to try out some of these combos, they look amazing

Cyrax is SO going to get hit with the nerf bat. Cyber Beatdown will get more recovery frames to remove the bomb setups for sure.

i hope not its not like other chars don’t have just as impressive stuff, the net damage reset needs fixed for sure but the bomb traps are what make cyrax cyrax, it would be like urien with no aegis

I had a question about his command throw/bomb setup, because I’m not sure if my input timing is off or if this is how it’s supposed to happen

Is the opponent supposed to have time to start a jump? When I do it, my opponent often has time to initiate a jump. I still hit them in the air with the dash BP, BP and this causes htem to get hit by the bomb, but if they jump the bomb seems to blast them in a manner in which I can’t followup

The bomb must be thrown immediately. The dash must be performed immediately. The punch must be thrown the moment you’re in range.

If done correctly, the opponent can’t move at all.
There’s a reasonable margin of error, so you must be missing it by a mile for them to have time to jump.

Alright. I’ve been practicing in training mode since I posted this and I believe I’ve gotten the timing down just from watching the AI recover after the command throw.

I did have one more question, though, about his BnB (command throw, mid bomb, dash BP BP, nj. P, b. BP, dash FK FK, net, teleport FK FK, d/f FK into throw.

I’ve never had any problem doing the throw after d/f FK when I’ve used it before, I just mashed grab and it worked everytime, but try as I might I cannot seem to get the throw at the end of this combo. Is the timing different somehow or am I nuts?

What are people doing when they get in with Cyrax against someone crouching? I’m currently just poking with low kicks, if I start throwing punch target combos they whiff a lot and I get punished.

I’m doing fk, fk, net right now. I had the same problem eating uppercuts from using punch target combos. Anyone know if the net up close is safe on block? I havnt been punished for it yet.

So I’m wondering, what do you guys think the viability of the 82% combo is? Don’t get me wrong, it looks fancy as hell and kudos to even having thought of it/discovered it in the first place, but I can’t help but think that for 3 bars the better option would be:

jp. P, FP, FP, net, teleport, command throw, med. bomb, dash BP, BP, nj. P, b+BP dash X-Ray, dash FP, BP, FP

It does 75%+4% chip if the dash BP, BP is blocked, or 81% if they’re not blocked, is far easier to do (I’d go as far as to say it’s stupid easy to do) and it has the added benefit that once the x-ray hits it can’t be combo broken until after it’s finished.

Do you think that’d be a preferable option, or am I missing something (which is entirely possible, I’m still a MK scrub and last night/this morning was my first time in training mode)

Edit: Granted I know spending 3 bars is pretty much never the preferable option unless it’ll win the match, because the meter is necessary for combo breaking, I’m just talking about when you’re in a such a situation where it is appropraite, like final round of a match.

Seeing as how I can get 56% with one bar, using xray seems meh.

I’ll try that. The second FK whiffs crouchers though. Cyrax is so hard to play with the sloppy netcode in MK. Even if you do predict where people are going to move to, you can’t react in time.

• BP,FP (only some characters can neutral crouch the first hit)
  • b+BP
  • d+BK, Short Bomb (input as b,db+BK,n,b+BK)

The opponent won’t be crouching for long after that last one. Safe on block or hit (unless you stand right next to them, in which case it’s barely punishable) and hard to punish on whiff too.

This is godlike

imo You should only end with x-ray if you know your opponent will combo break to stop them from being k.o.'d, as x-rays cant be broken.

I keep missing Anti-Air in the first bnb. 53% is a nice number too I guess. And what are some of Cyrax’s corner stuff? I just got the game yesterday and have been drilling his bnbs down since there’s still no PSN

Easy little combo I was using yesterday
Jp, Bp, Fp, net, [step back] jp, bp, fp, EX bomb, [mid bomb], uppercut, bp, fp, Ragdoll (easier to do that the 1st bnb, less damage.)
49% 1 meter

I know, that’s why I added the part at the bottom of my post. Spending meter on combos with cyrax is pretty pointless as his meterless combos and setups do over 50% damage anyhow. I’m just saying, it’s the last round of the match. Your opponent only has 70% or so health left and you have full x-ray.

I’m just saying, in that one situation, wouldn’t the combo I posted be more viable than the 82% combo Sprint created? It only does 1 to 3 percent less damage, it is far easier to execute, and if your opponent combo breaks before the x-ray you still have all 3 bars left, and if they combo break after the x-ray th vast, vast majority of the damage has already been dealt

Personally I just spam meter on EX Nets. Fuck my meter, and fuck yours too :rofl: