Mist Stepping Shortcut

This shortcut makes cancelling from crouching normals infinitely easier.

DF > Neutral > Down > DF

Now it’s easier than it sounds. If you use a square gate, just start DF, then let go of the stick, then ride the gate back to DF. You can get more than 3 inputs and it still work, but try to get your execution Godlike to the point where you only get 3 inputs. :smiley:
Hope this helps everyone!

so basically its an upside down fast fly? interesting…

You can also just do forward, neutral, down forward, which I find to be the easiest. Just go forward, then move the stick to neutral and down forward.

Yeah I found it helps to manually move the stick to neutral and then zig it back to d, d/f. I’m trying to work on a trick i can do confidently on 2p player side, but not too well 1p. The trick I found was that if i flick the stick d/f twice like i’m dashing, If you flick it with a bit of a curve you will hit D,DF twice really fast with a neutral and can just mash it to wave dash. But it’s the flicking with a curve I can do 2p, but not 1p. I found If i tilt my hand slightly to the left I can do it more consistently, but it needs work ,but seems legit if you guys can figure out a way to do it yourselves

So it´s either

1. F > Neutral > DF
    or
  2. DF > Neutral > D > DF
    I will propably use 1 while walking toward enemy and the throw a fireball or something, and 2 when guarding and want to counter or when in a combo.
    Thanks to both of you =)
    Been trying to do some kind of circle movement starting a DF. Like a small 360 but never going high enough to jump. Well lets just say I sometimes go high enough to jump. This will make it much easier.

Easy gem and just spam DF over and over lol. N00b washdash, good for trolling :slight_smile:

i use 1 if cancelling from a stand normal and 2 if cancelling from a crouch normal

Just do how you do it in Tekken, you can cancel normals, overheads and all that stuff from wavedash.

So if starting with DF works (Brostada’s method) and skipping Down works (ColinZack’s method), could you just do DF Neutral DF? Or are the inputs more strict than that?

As soon as you tap forward let go of Stick/Controller then DF and you should get the step.

and for the wave dash just DF DF DF after the above.

i don’t have problems with this on player 2 side. I only have problems with this on player 1 side.

this shortcut does not work. if your inputs are CORRECT (meaning you don’t hit forward or down while hitting DF), all that does is make you hump the floor.

Actually it does work, 100% of the time.

Tap forward then down, forward (fireball motion) which should get you mist step if done right, then I proceed to Down, forward (down then Forward not down + forward) down, forward, down, forward for the wave dash.

Fire ball motion style, not D+F (which is the inputs to make Kaz hump the ground.

Excellent assistance right here. I got down the wave dash easy as hell now. I thought I had to do the true inputXN. And here I thought Poongko was some kinda madman pulling it off.

It works and damn it feels so good.

Glad I can be of help to at least one person, now on to something tough the EWGF, I have yet to pull one off. lol

I’ve found another IMO easier version to mist step. it makes things a lot more easier in combos, but could be a little tough to move around with. its simply two QCF. like a ultra input from SF4. So lets say your punishing with a Cr.HP. you do 2 QCF and cancel into mist step form anywhere easily extending your combo. Hope i help!

i pull 2 this morning… out of 1000, shit is hard

hi btw im playing kazuya and loving it

EWGF is really easy in this game, if you play kazuya in tekken you will pull it off nearly 100%. just try doing it as fast as possible and make sure you press DF+P at the same time. (For tekken i actually train my mind to think about hitting the button slightly before DF)

I wish Abolishing fist EWGF launcher was in this game, now that shit is actually hard.

Just started playing Kazuya, and this is giving me a lot of trouble. I think I may end up using a combination of these shortcuts depending on the situation. Since I started playing KOF XIII a little while ago the F, HCF shortcut is working well especially for stuff like Trial 19. If I do QCF x 2 I get the EX Demon God Fist too much. Thanks everyone for the help!

I personally go :f::b::db::d::df:

Easier for me, as it’s basically forward, almost half circle forward. EWGF works this way too (personally not used to the timing yet though)