Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

No recycle a la SFxTK
New style made for the game, just like in the past

Game looking more japanese because SNK is’nt ashamed of being jap

Personally i much prefered Capcom’s take, even if SNK one looked good too

As mix i will like Capcom’s anatomy (but done well, not like in SFV) and SFV style animations

But an usage of colors and textures, and on general stylization more close to what KoF15 is doing

Game should not try deny to have an anime soul, is absolutely part of the charm

If done well can even save me one more gen if SF6 chose to blowjob what capcom perceive as “the western market”

1 Like

Funny cuz CVS2 sprites for some characters (Kyo & Iori) were done by SNK devs that left the company in 1995. And they’re easily their best sprites after XIII ofc.

There won’t be a crossover, the ransom attack leaks shows that there’s no future FG other than SFVI. Whenever i see CVS3 discussions it’s always Capcom fans that want it while SNK fans are against it.

SVC2 sounds better but SNK games will never look as good as they used to.

1 Like

Yeah, hard fucking pass then.

The last thing I want is 30-40 characters worth of dev resources taken from their REAL fighting games to make another dumb crossover game.

One of the main reasons CvS2 is so great is cause of it’s massive roster. Which it only has because it’s almost all reused assets.

https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1358105703173550080?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1358105703173550080|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

I’m old.

2 Likes

Prefer CVS2 sprites excluding the alpha 3 reused assets

I really like SvC mainly for the fact of having SF sprites in Kof style…heck there is this MUGEN game does a decent job at adding even more.

1 Like

i think the reason is pretty easy to understand lol

2 Likes

I think the only gripe I had with the CVS crossovers was the severe lack of characters from Capcom’s other series’. At least the SNK side had a variety of characters from their fighting games, I’d like to see more Darkstalkers/Final Fight/Rival Schools/Red Earth etc. Obviously I’m not asking for characters that would make no sense like Zero or Jill Valentine but having more variety from the Capcom side would’ve been great

2 Likes

Tbh i’m on opposite side on this, when i say i want more CvS in reality i mean i want

SF+FF+RS vs Kof+FF+AoF

All characters that can seem of same world, as style/time period etc

Essentially while i usually like these crossovers to be crazy carnivals, what ever fascinated me of Capcom and SNK is that they have same identical dna and you can make a credible extended universe where during same day Ryu is srkening somebody in Japan, Terry is crackshooting fools in america and Zangief piledriver Big Bear, Bison and Rugal shit talk each other

Shorter version would have liked no Morrigan/Haohmaru/Nakoruru/Hibiki

Well, no “evil versions” either, but this is another story

5 Likes

@Cestus_II Of course, there shouldn’t be too much characters from the supernatural series’ like DS, Samurai Showdown but CVS was meant to be a celebration of the two companies’ fighting games. Just 2/3 characters from each company of their more unrealistic fighting games. It should definitely be as you said being the main focus of the roster. Just a shame they didn’t go that for the actual games.

Definitely, they’re just a waste of a slot that could go to another character easily.

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

My view is they should do two games, one which is grounded and feature only the “normal” characters.

And another one more like mvc which includes everyone from all series. That said ill give snk credit for making battle collesium work

2 Likes

Same.

Yeah while writing that post got exactly same thought

Would be cool also have one on the crazy side with capcom having something like MvC ones and SNK bring something like NGBC

But the chance of a credible universe where Ryu and Terry exist on same world and even crossed paths is just too good to miss it

There are some interactions that could be potentially played to epic levels

You know what the main problem is.

Capcom’s fighters have languished in last decades, the game sells better when you have newer characters from nowadays more popular franchises, like Dante, RE people, Monster Hunter, etc.

Otherwise, it would be niche and probably wouldn’t sell very well.

1 Like

Yeah, is all hypothetical speaking

What sell and what will be actual quality are two different things, people have trash tastes (specially today) and coherence rarely is valued

An ideal CvS3 done with the perfect cast would be by default a pretty niche thing

Call it Street Fighter Vs KOF, hah hah.

1 Like

Capcom vs SNK: The King of Street Fighters

1 Like