Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

She look like she has a D in that sprite haha

Yeah, but her sitting with her shirt open with her tits hanging out is 100% because of the personality.

It’s like we were just saying, Leona has always had big tits, but she used to dress modestly. Tashigi dresses modestly. Smoker in her body doesn’t.

1 Like

Leona XIII has been the best Leona design so far. The newest one is very garbage :confused:

Ralf and Clark XIII designs were terrible, they looked like chippendale dancers, XIV were equally as garbage as Leona, it’s like they put some clothes from Salvation Army. Ralf and Clark '99-XI is where the good thing was :slight_smile:

1 Like

of course, but at same time they also just used that gimmick as excuse to give Tashigi’s huge tits some screen time

And while we agree Tashigi’s fanservice cleavage scenes has been a situational thing (but her boobs being waaay bigger than they used to be still stand true) guess we can agree both main girls Nami and Robin “upggrades” are played at every single chance lol

Same as Leona, the redesign just worked as excuse to turn a badass female fighter into a fanservice hot design

Cammy’s model REALLY makes me uncomfortable to play the game with my niece around :confused:

SNK was more into fan service back in the day than Capcom

I doubt Leona was intended to excluded after substituting Heidern in his team

Crapcomcup cancelled, we still hostage of online-crapcomcup to get cool shit we actually want, same days to wait till 21 Feb

What a terrible design this is, it looks like the result of leaving a 4 year old at his own devices to dress up himself.
Shunei-kofxivconcept

5 Likes

I like the design.

You would, wouldnt you

3 Likes

Shun’ei’s design is objectively bad. It’s like hitting random on a build-a-character. The most “built by committee” corporate style character imaginable. No surprise he was designed after the Chinese take-over of SNK

6 Likes

He literally looks like something you’d find at the front page of Pixiv. That’s actually shameful.

I’m a bit optimistic about the recent Saudi stakeholder. Considering how extremely popular KOF is in the Arab speaking world (and Latin America), its possible that some of the mistakes that happened in SNK’s recent years won’t happen again. But they’ll just let the Japanese side do whatever.

Solid point. Some of the Saudi big money guys are SUPER nerds. I had a customer at a previous job that did online auctions and had actually auctioned an extremely rare mint condition unopened Zelda for NES to a rich Saudi guy that preserved it with the intent to pass it on for museum display because of its cultural importance.

Being a nerd really does cross all boundaries and cultures sometimes

1 Like

The Fatal Fury OVA and SF2V gets shown all the time at Ramadan. The Arab fandom don’t really like the recent “J-Pop” idol style of the recent games, they especially like Ryo and Robert Garcia so we’ll probably get a return to more masculine men.

3 Likes

Shun’ei design is bad
Mostly because aside bad choices of the design itself, rather than seem a chinese fighter made in KoF style(wich while not heavy as SF still add some stereotype), seem something designed by a chinese(even if is not) to please modern chinese audience.

Kinda like that Jay Chou fuck in SFDuel does’nt fit SF spirit at all and would make me vomit as actual main chapter SF char (while even if far from exceptional, the shaolin monk would work well)

Shun’ei at least is not a real person shoehorned (better, but affect main KoF chapters,as one of main faces while at it… much worse) so they at least gave him some KoFish visual vibe… but still theme suck and the design on technical level is also bad itself
Too many elements, color palette weak with only stand-out point (hair color) being also the worst part of it lol, probably at is point i would have bought easier a black hair design, while weak would have at least softened up all that mess

Without take the holy Fatal Fury days, even just when they designed Kyo Kusanagi (wich conceptually can easily be compared) feels their character design was multiple levels above this current crap
First Kyo was complex but also simple, became iconic and after all these years despite multiple version the original design is still the first that come to mind
Shun’ei is none of that, aside for a very selected chinese target audience that will -maybe- love it

Not that was the worst 14 had to offer either, see Meitenkun or fucking Sylvie Paula Paula

Mian was good though

That character design is bound to stay like that because the accessories are dominant highlights in his character, everything that tied to his personality is like for a certain cultural fad and trends even for particular age demographic that isn’t gonna age well in a title like KOF. .

It’s like a character updated with some accessories and items from Tekken 5’s customization feature.

Sylie Paula can be salvage because of the nature and background which can excuse her bizarre like design and fashion sense even in multiple iteration of KOF but not Shunei.

As for the character Jay Chou, Jay Chou doesn’t work because his Jay Chou but if this was just someone else brand new not reference or inspired by someone in real life. It would work.

https://www.g74.com/article/50419.html

Shun’ei was SNK’s revenge as they “counter-ripped-off” the main guy from the XDZW game.

I just wish they had added the XDZW characters instead of those bland newcomers for 14 :confused:

Shun’ei is the least of my problems, though. There are some much worse characters like Hein and Zarina, those are completely bland, like in, no redeeming qualities at all.

Mian looks like a crossover character from another game. Look at that outfit, it looks like she doesn’t even belong in KOF. Most likely an attempt to please the Chinese audience by creating a very traditional Chinese culture-inspired character. The attempt fell on its face, sadly.

1 Like

SNK does have a shrewd sense of humor like that, after all, the plot Neo Geo Colosseum was a middle finger to the emulation community.

But keeping on-topic, that’s exactly why he was a failure. He isn’t a tasteful parody or a send up like Dan and Remy were. It’s just borderline spiteful and it shows because the character+design has nothing to say to you about the person he is. He looks like an NPC or a semi obscure C-Pop star and clashes with the rest of the KOF cast.

1 Like

I like Shun’ei and his design, though.