Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Unless they want pull a KoF and have him like Kyo that one day just arrived and suddently was on par (or above) with vet heroes Terry/Ryo…

It’s even worse when you look at the concept art for the KOF’94 opening. This is what Capcom should avoid doing if they add more RS characters.

2 Likes

They could still work together since both of him and Juri can be mercenaries and assassins for hire or for personal interest but it needs a third party to make them collaborate.

Like Kolin made Charlie, Juri and the other collaborate against Bison.

1 Like

Kolin/Juri would be an interesting team up since they’re so different, even though both are sort of alligned with evil, they go about it in very different ways

1 Like

Hey, Darth Ender.

Just out of curiosity, what would be an ‘Everyone is here’ roster in 3-fighters teams, instead of couples?

Like, Chun-Li-Guile-Cammy?

Sakura-Dan-Blanka?

Guy-Cody-Lucia?

Juni-Juli-Thecrape?

Cause FANG is perfect for Bison.

I started doing that once, but it was too hard so I gave up.

1 Like

I have a solution on that.

I like more of an interchangeable teams like some characters having multiple team possibilities.

I have been talking about that multiple times in the past threads and other non-story threads. I believe it would innovate a team based game.

Yet it seems like nobody is into my idea. And everyone prefer teams building to remain staple like KOF that every character would remain to have only one designated team and some would had two for an occasional reason.

I like players would discover team combination. So it can fill out for other characters that has less interaction and compatibility with other characters.

Like Ryu can be paired with multiple characters that he fights with in the past.

He can be paired with Ken and Sakura

Sakura to Blanka and Dan

Ken with Sagat and Sakura

It broads the possibility of a team combination without making a team felt MEH. Or just for the sake of having a team because it’s a gameplay mechanic…

Bison can be with Birdie and Fang or Balrog

Ed can be with Balrog and Falke

Menat can be with Ed and Falke

Menat can be with Rose and Oro

Every combination has their own ending more variety.

It also makes casual test other characters with the characters they are already familiar with.

Mainly because, storywise, you would expect it to revolve around a specific event/tournament. Which means that mixing and matching teammates wouldn’t make much sense.

Besides, it’s unnecessary, you can ALWAYS pick whoever you want anyway. The teams only exist within the story.

1 Like

It wasn’t really about whoever but some having multiple combination.

The idea was supposed to be for a dream match game and the ending wasn’t about a present tournament story but rather for backstories and flashbacks. Since that was meant for something like SF Dream match game.

But yeah it’s not for a tournament story.

My ideas for 3-fighters teams:

SF2 SERIES
TEAM SHOTO: Ryu - Ken - Sean
TEAM INTERPOL: Chun-Li - Guile - Cammy
TEAM WORLD WARRIORS: Zangief - Honda - Dhalsim
TEAM SHADALOO: Sagat - Vega - Balrog
TEAM CHALLENGERS: T. Hawk - Dee Jay - El Fuerte
SINGLE ENTRIES
Akuma
Bison

ALPHA SERIES
TEAM FINAL FIGHT: Guy - Cody - Rose
TEAM HIBIKI DOJO: Sakura - Blanka - Dan
TEAM MAD GEAR: Sodom - Rolento - Abigail
TEAM METRO CITY: Haggar - Maki - Lucia
TEAM DOLLS: Juni - Juli - The Crappy

III SERIES
TEAM HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS: Ibuki - Elena - Makoto
TEAM CHINATOWN: Fei Long - Yun - Yang
TEAM FREAKS: Necro - Effie - Remy
TEAM ILLUMINATI: Urien - Kolin - Juri
SINGLE ENTRIES
Q
Twelve
Gill

IV SERIES
TEAM ANTI-SHADALOO: Nash - Abel - C. Viper
TEAM CWA: Hugo - Poison - Rainbow Mika
SINGLE ENTRIES
Seth
Oni

V SERIES
TEAM MIDDLE EAST: Rashid - Azam - Menat
TEAM NEO SHADALOO: Ed - Falke - Gorilla
SINGLE ENTRIES
G
Kage
Necalli

OTHERS
TEAM OLD MASTERS: Oro - Gouken - Zeku
TEAM BRITAIN: Dudley - Eagle - Birdie
TEAM USA: Alex - Mike - Joe
TEAM JAPAN: Retsu - Geki - Karin

3 Likes

I guess you’re doing bosses separately, but a lot of those guys could easily fit into teams with each other.

Team SnH: Akuma - Oni - Kage
Team Blob Monsters: Twelve - Necalli - Seth
Team Secret Societies: Gill - G - Q

1 Like

Yeah abut Vega/Juri used to think the same, if capcom wanted they could have gone for crazies finding each others, they got Top Dollar-Myca potential lol
immagine

But end up they’re essentially incompatible, mostly i think they both like be active predators that play cat and mouse with their prey/object of interest

Vega is one that would just benefit from a new char (female) specifically made for him (think Hakan for Honda), some incredibly beautiful and absolutely psychopath bitch lol
Maybe not even “evil” as actively a villain, just somebody fucked up in the head to the point she just kills because she see nothing wrong in it… i’m sure Vega would love some shit like that lol

Eh, i kinda got it reversed
I accepted since SF2 days the world of SF to be loose enough to accept these things, with Blanka, Sim and M.Bison himself it was clear to me the SF arena was open to “anything” can step in and be a deadly treat
See cyborgs in SF2tAM did’nt bothered me, even if even back then i prefered martial fighters over stupid shit, was clear some things in SF were in the acceptable range

On the other hand SF making itself as you said “a self parody”, bothered me
She was worse than Dan… Dan was a joke character, sakura was a character that turned whole game into a joke, if you get what i mean

Yeah, thankfully so far -aside sakura- SF being typically more conservative ever treated these aspects far more carefully
Alex even being the guy who save the day has been used greatly… we seen he’s nowhere close to Ryu (who have much more experience), and even his win over Gill smell like something that likely hide more
All young newcomers are let join, but usually they’re also clearly showed as still green

Yeah, but if you think about it it become even more evident how big error she’s ever been, when even after you can’t turn her into something that “fix” it lol

As said the other day i think easy solution is both Juri and Rog working for Urien
Both already done it
Both are used to work below a crazy guy that have enough power to kill them relatively easily
They would just done jobs for him, get paid, constant plot to betray him

Maybe is not to late to get Top Dollar shit going on :smiley:
immagine

Nah for Fang tbh i would just like see him plot some crazy plan to resurrect his Lord Bison, while talking like some crazy Renfield (the wierdo servant of Dracula) about still earing his voice or some shit
If anything Fang should stay on track following Ed’s next moves, maybe even be the one that trigger Bison’s take-over

Plus Vega REALLY hate Fang, him and Rog even agreed (maybe first time ever) when they considered just jump him

If Capcom keep usual tradition there’s not much risk of that
Btw even if they did’nt used that intro shitting on Ryo, Kyo’s effective take over was of much larger scale
From that point for good or for worse (to me is for worse, but is about personal taste) SNK changed way of create characters of their FG, the SF-like kind of badassery gone and left place with the tryhard jpop “cool” with the whole thing of skinny dudes who are strong because plot say so
Style wise is when SNK took a big turn

And unfortunately, the Side Reader decided to give that character to FANG instead.

1 Like

I don’t think hypothetical characters like Oni should be included or ‘participate’ as a team in a story mode.
There’s also no reason for having Twelve teaming up with Necalli or Q with Gill.

I just assume for SF stories, there are going to be some lone wolves.

I don’t think they should be in the game AT ALL, so you’re right there.

1 Like

Just discard the Evil Ryu. Never return because Kage should replace him permanently and Shin Gouki is just Gouki letting loose.

Kage is a more balance and less Ryu of Evil Ryu to avoid redundancy as possible

So we had only two edge lord characters remaining for those specific fanbase. You can add violent Ken but with major tweak.

Just discard the Evil Ryu.

Delete all the edgelord/Satsui no Hado pandering characters altogether, Akuma included but sadly he’s too iconic to delete.

The only time Evil Ryu was cool was in the SFZ manga where he nearly killed Chun-Li and Adon, but Guy parried the Raging Demon with one hand and took him out shortly after.

You can add violent Ken but with major tweak.

Edgelords won’t like the fact that he’s just another M. Bison Doll who’s brainwashed into being his sex slave. Or in Ken’s case turned intro Iori Yagami where has an intense homo lust for his “rival”.

Meanwhile, in another venue, the Prince of Arabia bought SNK.

https://www.thegamingeconomy.com/2020/11/26/saudi-crown-prince-to-become-largest-snk-shareholder-2up-receives-usd2-8m/

The problem is they are always part of the market of SF regardless some disliked them. So solution is to make them play differently as possible.

There is always a dedicated edgelord fanbase than the those into variety. Which capcom knows that easy easy to please. While the edgelord are more in a specific type of character.

It’s like capcom trying to please those that disliked them isn’t gonna make it financial better other than dividing fanbase or disregarding them.

And making Evil Ryu awesome like the mange will just be making Ryu obsolete again like in SF4 that’s why capcom attempt to replace him. with other edgelord character with that appeal.

Evil Ryu is a major problem, I know his presentation is cool in that manga. but it’s still Evil Ryu that had been a better Ryu for gameplay aspect and the solution was Kage.

Kage a nerf version of Evil Ryu without Ryu’s gameplan.So people would still pick Ryu. Unlike in SF4 situation were Evil Ryu became dominant in tournaments.

Necali was also a failed attempt to replace Evil Ryu because his not attach to any ansatsuken practitioners. SF4 Evil Ryu was the Evil Ryu that outshine every other version because of being tournament relevant not just aesthetics than those in previous games.

Thing is, I just think those characters (any of the bosses, actually) should never be placed in pre-formed teams.
They simply should be final or hidden mid bosses, like the SNK Bosses, maybe in an overpowered form, that you unlock after you beat them, in a less powerful form.

1 Like

They shouldn’t really have a canon story other than being dlc or skins with special features.

Like SNK did with Geese

1 Like