Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Would really like an SFEX/Fighting Layer character just to cement them into the SF Cannon

1 Like

I don’t think so. :slight_smile:

Like literally any Street Fighter character.

I dunno about that. We’ve had more posts in this thread today than we’ve had in the last week. And only, like, 4 of those is about people leaving.

Like, I don’t use the lounge. So I only really know Pertho as that guy that pops in here and calls us all dorks for caring about the lore. So I’m not about to leave the forum over him.

I’m honestly gonna hop between the two. I can understand why people are leaving, and it’s justified.

I’ve been on here for years, and unless this forum shuts down, I’m not likely to make a full-time move anytime soon. As long as we can discuss story and SF news here, I’m good.

2 Likes

I agree
I loved plenty of SFEX designs, and Skullo is absolutely NOT one of them

But again, like before i’m saying what’s more probable, not what i would like

Skullo is by far the most voted SFEXers, just like Akira was the most voted of RSers… so i guess the possible pattern is there

Btw i still see him as a second favourite in that race (even if first, if is going to be a guest)… if TRULY the fifth is going to be the last char of SFV i think it should/he’s going to be an actual SF (new/new version) character

1 Like

Two skull-themed characters probably not possible.

Here’s hopin’.

Which Rose stage do you think we’ll be getting? I have a feelings its the Palace stage, cause its the one we’ve seen in Menat’s story

Neither, i want dat SFV Venezia concept stage on the boat

If i can’t have it
Of the two you posted i would prefer the bizzarre Venezia-Genova hybrid (the former), but i guess we are more likely to get Palazzo Mistero (the latter) due it fitting better with Menat too, as you said

what concept stage?

I like the Port stage, would look beautiful, but its a bit lifeless. I think the Palace one fits Rose’s character better

Italy: Ship bostustage07.jpgMan, we really wanted to give it a go with a stage on top of the water!
We’d have the boat constantly move so the background would change.
But you know… you can’t have an Italian background but no Italian fighter, so we cut this stage from the running.

1 Like

I don’t mind this stage return

because of the reference and being for multiple characters compatble with it

It’s a lame stage.

I like both of the other stages but the ones with the gondolas would be the one that would look better in 3D.

2 Likes

I mean I just don’t mind it if that would returning because of the reference and nostalgia.

If were avoiding something with the feeling of random but popular location and prioritizing the character for the stage location:

I think Rose belong more to this stage…

1 Like

Yeah, definitely a more Rose-ish state. But I like more the one with the gondolas because it’s more international, a more exotic representation of Italy, and I like that.

And yeah, seeing the three stages it’s definitely more apparent how the backgrounds from the Alpha series just kept getting better and better. All of the Alpha 1 stages look depressing, then they became sharper, brighter and more colorful. I love the A3 stages.

1 Like

They were meant to be viewed like a journey and random encounter across a venue like a street of something compare to the prior SF like SF1 and SF2 that was initially viewed as a tournament before modern SF redefined and retcon the initial popular perspectives and assumptions.

Even in Alpha 2 some are still looking regular and generic but widely known and love

because it’s always about the ambience and the feel of the stage.making the battle special than just a sight to be amazed because of the location.

KOF made their site of battle more feeling like a tournament by having it grand, live and special event because of the location and the interaction people in the background than how SF is using popular location that feels random because it’s like a date turned into a fight or someone meeting an enemy while having a vacation.

I don’t know, I hate those two. The first one looks so empty. The second one too, and also I have some sort of ‘Hole-phobia’ it makes me icky.

Personal taste, yeah, but I straight up hate most of the A1 and A2 stages. With a few exceptions, for example Rolento’s stage in A2 is neat (not in the level of the A3 stages, but at least neat).
neat

1 Like

Yeah it’s special, nostalgic and part of his character

Me I like it having the feeling of live in the stage like KOF stages and some of the early vs series.

For example

This is better

compare to this

I never understood the MvC series stages in the least.

As for KOF, first two games (and especially '95) had the best stages of all time, all with the stage intros included.

There’s so much ambient on those.

1 Like

I think some stages from A1 were kind of a callback to stages from SF1, iirc, like:

Sodom / M. Bison = Joe
Chun-Li = Lee

1 Like