Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

While Goutetsu could be really cool i would much prefer Gouken.

• he was already brought back and was a playable character
  • appears in several SF 5 story cutscenes
  • has been requested since season 1
  • would be cool to have another SF 4 character join the roster. Juri is the only one that managed to get in from SF 4.
2 Likes

Gouken was a great character, Goutetsu something we never needed

But i hope is not Gouken

Plus Season 5 is already 3 japanese out 4 revealed at the moment, and Oro already fill the “old Master” thing, i think one for the season is enough

Male, not (too) old, not japanese would be best to complete S5 imho

Even if at the end the 2 most likely scenario is still “Super Boss” gimmick or a Guest

1 Like

Watch them add Kazuya so SFV has a Tekken guest character just as Tekken has Akuma.

Agree Gouken is better and already had been established for modern fans in FGC because of the boom of SF4.

The only poor choice would be killing him again.

Another problem returning Goutetsu in is that his too old and sudden reappearance would do more complication because his absence or not being mentioned by other characters is far more than what is the status with Gouken.

Gouken is workable because the distance and timeline is along the way while Goutetsu isn’t.

Pulling a Gouken with Goutetsu feels redundant and oversaturated.

Yet it can work as a flashbacks encounter or memory battle like his interaction is just for flashback fights with Zeku, Oro, Gouken and Gouki no interaction with younger characters to make the battle or encounter happened in the past when he was alive.

They could even do that to any dead characters like Chun li dad, Dan’s Dan, Rose’s/Bison’s Master and etc dead characters.

But there is one problem… hyping a dead character would only make fans and make him return as a living character that would interact with other living character sooner because of the demand.

So it’s better that they would prioritize more background characters that is living than something long dead and never mentioned again.

SFV did a poor choice and mistake with Charlie Nash fate in SFV by turning him into something macabre and dead again. SInce he is one of the most sought out and wanted character that did cameo and crossover more than Guile in the nineties. It’s likely they would do that to revive characters which is a terrible way to manage them.

They should had kept the dead stay dead than returning them then killing them again. bad decision in managing cool and popular characters.

Yet I doubt the 5th would be Goutetsu.

I was expecting Heihachi Mishima instead if the case is guest characters.

1 Like

I really doubt Gouken will be killed.

The SF4 story shows him like a complete powerhouse. The old man completely nullifies Akuma’s raging demon with his power of nothingness, and that’s Akuma’s most powerfull tool, the one that killed Goutetsu.

Actually i would argue he is stronger than Akuma.

1 Like

In case of Guest the one that would surprise me less would be Arika’s Skullo

Capcom’s polls (same where RS Akira ranked high) included SFEXers and recent Kairi costumes shows there’s open mind on that collaboration

On other side i feel the friendship with TK’s Harada took a stomach punch when capcom kicked Ono’s butt
At recent round table Harada trolled and looked asshole on the 2 new cap guys, maybe a little detail but feel SF and TK just gone further from each other, despite Akuma in TK7

Would not be surprised if they dropped TKvsSF too

It’s not my intention to trigger anyone , as all have their favorites but i really hope it’s not Skullomania.

Way better choices out there.

2 Likes

I think Akuma is going to kill Gouken, and will lead to Ryu-Akuma final confrontation (hopefully in SF6, so tired of Akuma shit)

Gouken developed a defense against SGS, but as response to that, Akuma just (SFV) developed a new weapon

Killing for the sake of story appeal or to make another character appealing or look bad ass is a terrible decision for a fighting game franchise which should prioritize fighting characters and their accessibility and familiarity than anything else.

Agree. Nash return and sudden death in the end makes no sense for a game that’s the genre is a fighting game. Even in story his death doesn’t did good interaction with characters he should had key interaction with like Guile and Abel character in terms of appeal. It doesn’t even made Bison intimidating to Guile bceause all he does was just watching him and Ryu is the one finishing the job. Ryu and Bison did have pep talk moments lol. Which makes Bison less. In other words Charlie Nash return and sudden death is a wasted potential.

Actually killing known and popular characters in a fighting game for the sake of gambling to have appealing storyline is a terrible choice in the end.

1 Like

That does not mean Gouken can’t fight back or isn’t allowed to grow even more.

The old man isn’t going to get killed. They haven’t retconned his entire story just so Ryu can look cool after Gouken dies ( again ).

I ain’t buying it.

1 Like

The technique of Akuma was meant to destroy hurt otherworldly beings like those that can appear with astral form like phantom bison

Yet It’s not about destroying them for good I doubt it since he used it with Kage

I believe it’s more on hurting not another instant destruction

If there is someone likely be destroyed it might be Kage or Necali or another being that is whole spiritual or astral not something that is partly physical.

It’s another poor choice to kill Gouken again. it’s redundant and the Gouken isn’t a shoto clone.

He could be there in the SF1 story mode and nothing else. He doesn’t mean to be a part of SFV’s canonical storyline.

Yup I mentioned that here as a flashback encounter

To be clear, i’m not “pushing” for it

I really like Gouken design/concept, and i’m immensely tired of Akuma-stronk edgelord bullshit

Akuma killing Gouken is what i think at some point they wil do, not something i hope for or i want find reasons to make it happen

For what i care akuma’s arc can end today and i could not be more happy lol

2 Likes

Gouken should train Sakura.

1 Like

Tbh…if Sakura learned what she did while training with Dan , imagine what she can achieve under Gouken’s dojo.

2 Likes

That’s a better progress to Sakura character that making her now the new Gouken student.

That’s a good conclusion for both Sakura and Gouken. That they can still reappear in the future but not a heavily tied story to Ryu nor Akuma.

While Ryu character growth distance himself to both characters and start his journey to betterment with Oro.

Sry for asking here but is SRK dead or not ?

No one is can tell the future, the future is always uncertain IMHO

Story thread and SFV lounge probably are. Most of the activity in those threads is people making sure we let everyone what went down and where everyone went.