Maximizing Lightning Storm damage

Is it me, or does Lightning Storm seem to do a bit more damage when you chain two Lightning Attacks before it?

Here is what I have been messing around with. After the launch, the less amount of attacks before lightning attack xx lightning storm the more damage the lightning storm does. I personally usually do lk, mp, mk…and sometimes, lp, lk… If you do rh, dash, lk, mp… it does more also, but the timing has to be good.

-monkey

I know this makes no sense saying it, but in my practice sessions I’ve found that LS does more damage when you are FURTHER from your opponent. After two lightning attacks, wait a tiny bit before doing LS and it does a good amount more damage. Easiest way to get it is to do the first one down-forward and the next one up-forward.

Hmm I don’t know. From what I remembered in training mode with damage shown, one lighting attack into lighting storm does about 107 pts of damage, while two lighting attacks into lighting storm does only around 97.

Isn’t it a given that the more combos you link together the lesser the damage? So it’d be better to only do one lighting attack, at least that’s what I do.

Theory: Sounds like the Lightning Storm does non-linear damage? LS forms kinda a spiked star… if they’re close, they’re going to hit two or more of the spikes, and then the hit count will go up, and damage reduction kicks in harder when the later more damaging hits hit. If they’re far away (in my limited look at this) they only get hit by one spike and thus you probably benefit more from the non-linear damage it does. Kinda as if you had Chun Li doing multiple Kikoshos or such.

I remember DK saying a while ago that doing a Lightning Attack forward and going PAST the opponent then doing one coming from behind does a lot of damage. And yes, the second one combos.

i think someone said, launch, rh xx dash short LA uf x2 XX LS.

That doesn’t work off c.LK, c.LP or c.LK, s.LK chains though, pushes them too far away (except in corner). It’ll work if you do one attack before the launch though.

(in the corner)
launch, sj.rh, ad.df, j.rh, s.lk. s.lp, s.hp, launch again…at this stage i cannot use my assit wen launch again…why is that???
what am i doin wrong…???
oh…i hav no idea what iam doin by the way…

flying screen at 2nd rh … btw i don’t use Storm and i don’t even know if it’ll work - i’m just saying what i see

launch, hp, ad d/f lk, mk, lightning attack xx lightning storm does more damage than usual.

what about : c.fk launcher into up forward ld xx ls.

OK, I think by doing sj.LK, sj.LP, LA xx LS, you will get the most damage from the super. I did this a few times and the super drained a bit of damage.

lightning storm combo

A good think for the linking and for more damge is to launch while there in corner and do Lowpunch/lowkick/lowpunch/lowkick/throw/dash up to them/throw/ and after lightning attack up and hit them and do it … But for the super it’s better if you do one lightning attack and not two

lightning storm combo

That isn’t a good thing to do at all.

What Deus really wanted to say was, “That combo sucks.”

=x

k
i only read the part where dues said that shit sucked, and it did
i messed around with this shit awhile ago and came to the conclusion that
te most damagin combo to do with storm is
launch sj.fierce, air dash d/f, lk. lightniing attack(2 times) super
or
launch sj. fierce, air dash d/f lk, lk, lighniing attack(one time) super
just takes practice
but they’re the most practical and damagin imo

What I’m working on doing actually is just this:

c.lk, s.lp, s.rh, LAxxLS.

Yeah…that’s all there is to that combo. Does a bit more than the entire magic series LAx2 XX LS. But the timing is weird and it’s kinda hard to get the full half circle for the LS. Just gotta practice.

I use Storm (Proj), Tron (Proj), Psy (AA)

ghett0
but my combo take more
trust da potts