Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Thread (PSN)

Capcom doesn’t have the rights to marvel anymore so im pretty sure this is just gonna be a rumor… And if they do they’re obviously gonna make it the ps2 port because there trying to fix the glitches of the game and try to enhance the graphics a little better. They don’t care about if its closest to the Arcade port or not they just want money… There not Jwong, or any other marvel head out there, there just guys playing the game and seeing what they should fix even if it ruins the game like the ps2 port…

Check SRK front page, its like 100% confirmed IT WAS LISTED ON THE ESRB WEBSITE, but taking down after it was posted since I guess no one was supposed to know.

sorry, but could someone explain to me the differences between the dc and ps2 ports? i don’t really know anything about marvel and i’ve been trying to find this out for a while now

Ok, did Capcom release SFA1 onto PSN before licensing the GGPO netcode? I forgot. If they did, then I have high hopes they might add online play. If they didn’t, then I doubt they’ll add online play.

The Dreamcast version was more faithful to the arcade version because NAOMI and Dreamcast are very similar in technology and the PS2 version though it plays like the arcade version its worse in other areas.

It has a frame rate problem in places, looks worse and the sound is compressed to fit onto a Compact Disc but it is still playable. I just hope the re-rerelease on PSN and XBLA is based from the NAOMI version.

Oh wow… just now hearing about this.

I don’t imagen it would cost more than $9.99.

But yeah… Capcom lost the rights to Marvel.

I think they still have the right to sell the game BUT can’t add anymore features to is… like online play :confused:

But they added Online Play for the Japanese version on the Dreamcast tho.

You know I checked the ESRB yesterday and the information for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is back up on there with PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox, Xbox 360 so I do believe it’s coming, the question being when??

I so badly want an online version for the PSN. I have the Japanese Version for PS2 which cost me a fucking fortune to find (courtesy of eBay) but I honestly can’t be fucked to unlock all the characters again.

I did it for the Dreamcast Version because I literally had an orgasm over that game because it was the first Marvel VS. game in the series I actually played (can you believe it) but I loved it so much I played it to death but when it broke, I got a PS2 version but I made sure I could download a save so I’d have 100% on everything.

I’d love it if they allowed you to import your PS2 save into the PSN version if you didn’t wish to go through the long process of unlocking everything.

When this game hits the PSN, it will be Mahvel Baybee!:rofl: sorry couldn’t resist

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. If it’s a download then we can download it. If it’s on a blu ray, then it can fit…

its a hoax… Mvc2 isn’t going to come onto ps3 =(

Maybe they will actually use the ggpo license for this one. We can only hope I guess.

I wouldn’t count on it. So far the game has no official announcement. If there even is a plan to release it why wouldn’t they announce it?

Keep that Dreamcast alive and well. I’m building a Dreamcast arcade cabinet in the coming months and MvC2 will probably be the main attraction.

I agree. People quit making these wish list threads until some real hard news comes up.

i think it will be rereleased on console. just not for awhile. a longggg while

If it is released it better have a better online netcoding than hd remix on psn becaus ethat shit sucks for the most part imo.

I don’t think it matters if it has online play. Just the fact that it’s another console release of MvC2 is good enough. $100 for a PS2 copy is insane. -_-

Exactly. A download port of the game would be worth a ton to Capcom and Marvel due to the still high demand.

Copies of Chrono Trigger for SNES were worth unreal amounts of of money before Emulators, FF:Collection, and Chrono Trigger DS came out. And even now, new copies of the SNES games command $$$.

If you’re just getting into MVC2…shelling out $100 for a used copy with scratches and no cover and manual is a bit absurd and too much to ask.

who has the marvel license now ?
my first thoughts was that this was probably a download title like alpha1.
but this is an incredible opportunity to try out that ggpo license that capcom has bought !!!

If I am to get this, all the characters would have to be unlocked, and online. I cant imagine going through the game enough times to unlock everything, when there’s real single-player games to play, like Fallout. And for online, I already have a PS2 version that doesnt get played. Whats the use of another copy that cant be played online?

They are timing MvC2’s re-release as a download game to coincide with the announcement of MvC3 sometime this year.

:rock:

Izzit more luck to cross fingers on both hands, or only one hand? :rofl: