Makoto Ultra SFIV

Ryan Hart and a few of the Japanese have apparently been hinting their is a Version 2013 in the works.
Tweet from Ryan “Ok guys,what would you say if I said SSF4 AE 2013? The question is,do we need a re-balance or is 2012 ok?What would you change if you could?”

What are your thoughts on this and what changes would you like to see, if any?

I’m not sure what I’d like, perhaps F.LK better on hit/block by 1 or 2 frames (I used this last night in a few games against Ryu, I was able to use it against Ryu C.MK pretty well) and hitbox extended downward to catch low attacks easier. Aside from that I don’t think she needs anything.

I’d love new costumes and stages…but I’ve mentioned that like, billions of times now.

So a new hint that a new update for AE2012 is a possibility has been given out by Ono.

The tweet

We need a new game! (design, etc…not same sprites like SFxT)

What about persona ? did you try it ?

SSF4 looks good as regards the gameplay.

In my opinion, it only needs more modes. I’d like to be able to play tag mode with 2 or 3 characters. Be able to play in a Danisen Mode. Have a more clever training room. Be able to select a sequence in replay and transfer it into training room. You should even be able to upload/download famous sequences that players could share. The trials may also use a similar system.
Capcom will never add that kind of thing. It’s too expensive, they are not community oriented, also community file sharing would involve trying to secure these files. Definitely too much work.

If persona 4 works really well, maybe Capcom will consider their competitors. But they dont look like hearing their community at all to me.

i didnt try it yet. I could when I was in japan in march (but yeah…“try” the game against japanese. lolilol).

If XBL is ok without lag (this kind of game is impossible with lag…like guilty gear), ill play it maybe.

I’m not sure what they can really change when it comes to balance adjustments. The game is pretty well balanced as it is as demonstrated by EVO.
Game mode changes? Instant rematch option if there are only 2 players in Endless (It’s not so bad without it though, it’s still a lot quicker than Marvel when playing online and it has this feature).

Training mode: Option to host a lobby while in training mode (not just ranked matches but Endless and whatever else too, private or not).
Option to quickly select and watch a saved replay (put it in the start menu during training mode somewhere?) then have it go back to training mode afterwards (would help to set up situations and such).

Replay mode: Better options for sharing replays.
The option to fast forward or rewind…there are more than enough buttons to make this possible…
Ability to save offline/versus mode replays instead of just online replays. Match in a tourney you lost? Save replay onto a memory card or USB or something and study it at home. Would be cool.

able to change this fucking training stage

That would be a welcomed addition too. :stuck_out_tongue:
I wonder if most people would agree that gameplay is fine for this game. That it’s just a few menu options and such that could make the game better.

It’s not as easy as it looks like. Fast forward is easy because you just make the game go faster. Going backward is harder because the game only knows where the characters are from their past actions. You’d have to recalculate everything from the beginning. Replays are not movies where you can simply choose a frame. They are sequences that lead to a certain state, and everything is recalculated each time you watch a replay. It’s still possible but you wont have the same reaction time between going fast forward or going fast backward. If the game was able to interpret actions backwardly, that may become possible.

I want to able to import a replay sequence into the training room and try to react things.
Also in the training room, it’s hard to build a situation. When you record a dummy, you have to do play a sequence while you are blind of what is doing the opponent. You should be able to create a dummy using another recorded dummy, or something like that.

Perhaps just fast forwarding then. What are the options for replays at the moment? Next round, previous round and restart replay? I don’t remember an option to restart the replay of a round (instead of the entire match) so maybe that + fast forward.

Capcom!!! Go take a look at Skullgirls training mode. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are two things I want to see.

The remaining characters from sfxt brought to SF4. (Hugo, Elena, Rolento, Poison). Seems like the most likely update. They have all the models, most of the animations. I would really enjoy playing these characters in the SF4 engine

OR

I want to see a whole new set of characters in a whole new game! Have ryu travel to a new competition and discover a new evil. If Abel, C.Viper, Rufus, El Fuerte, Hakan, and Juri are any indication, Capcom is still great at character design. Keep it at a roster of about 20 (so about 17 new characters with ryu, ken, and chun-li of course) and all new game mechanics.

Give me Alex and Im happy.

Oh and let makoto charge hayate while moving or comboing like Rog’s TAP. Let fukiage hit grounded opponents too and give it a little invincibility (hell SRKs can do it). Also give me a 25 year old Makoto sprite.

For ultra she could beat the crap out of them so badly that they beg her to kill them. She’ll say that their punishment must be more severe, hit them in the nuts, chest and face. THEN they have her permission to die.

1050 Health.

Let’s do it.

Prove that SF can have females with above average health. Let’s crush that sterotype that females are weak, because Makoto surely isn’t. She’s one of the most sturdy woman fighters in SF. DO IT.

I think this might be possible haha
j.HK, s.HP -> lvl3 HP.hayate-> MP-> lvl2 MP.hayate -> FADC -> s.LP, s.MP, s.MP -> EX.hayate -> LP.fukiage -> EX.tsurugi

Invincibility. When Mak is in the corner it’s almost impossible escape without a real reversal, the EX Oroshi is good for that. Too many inv.reversal in this game,it’s impossible bait every random DP.

I would like good ole fashioned st.hp>U2 with stun from third strike.

Fuki>fuki>cr.hk>dash>oroshi also would be cool

The main thing I want is more characters, Gen buffs, and the parry system. And if not the parry system at least buff Gens window to do focus attack stance change cancel, because being the teacher of many he deserves a hard earned parry in this game, but the timing is so strict you cant do it without an xbox 360 on lagless, input lagless CRT.

Makes me cry trying to use that T_T

As a combo, or as a reset?

As far as Makoto buffs, I’m pretty content with where she is now. I guess she could use an extra juggle.

Ideas:
Give HK.tsurugi an extra juggle so we don’t have to waste 2 meters once we get the opponent cornered.
Or give EX.fukiage and extra juggle so we can use three bars if we want.

It would be pretty awesome if we got unlimited juggle during Tanden Renki like Yun.

I want damage buffs all around. Fuck balance. I want touch of death combos for Makoto.

Or give us 3S Tanden Renki with no block but epic damage output.

I remember a top japanese player using cr.hk as a reset for fuki>fuki in 3S, and he would do a meaty oroshi as they landed

although i doubt there’s gonna be a 2013 update…

here’s what i want -

health increase
damage and stun increase during tenden reki
increase speed of lk version of ultra 2 so that st hp ultra 2 is now possible only in the corner ala 3rd strike

oh yeah, better mk cross up

that’s it really but to be honest i like her just as she is.

My wishes:

cr.MK hitting low. cr.LK, our current low attack is a horrible meaty, hard to hit-confirm and hard to combo after even perfectly meaty. I feel like meaty cr.MK is only really good for dodging moves like Headbutts and using it to OS U1 backdashes, not as a meaty itself.

Remove her stupid forward throw, make it her neutral throw and make her back throw after either back or forward throw. That, or increase the damage on it by 50 or so.

More active frames on her neutral jumping HK/HP.

Make Makoto’s j.MK as good as this:

Er, not really, but make it better. Her poor mobility makes landing it harder than it has to be to begin with.