Magneto TAC Infinite - *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

there’s a reumored patch?

All I heard was niitsuma saying “we give 0 shits about marvel, from now on” or something along those lines :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, check the patch thread. Marlinpie tweeted about it.

I’m all for patching TACs and XFactor with huge nerfs without changing any of the characters(except buffing low tiers).

Doubtful, knowing Capcom. I imagine they’ll take away Magneto’s fly and give it to Zero or Viper.

Only to discover that they gave Magneto hyper armor on jH and stH later on.

HYPER ARMOR JAB

I’ll be updating the main post with what will HOPEFULLY be the final notes (midscreen setups, resets, yaddayadda) as soon as I get a PS3 (after christmas, maybe)

There are a few mid screen setups in the thread that are not in the OP. Still says coming soon…thanks for puttin in the work though!

Yeah, it’s because I go through the setups on ALL of the characters, to catch any inconsistencies and report them : )

Can’t do that without a PS3 though. I’ll do it soon as I can.

The new infinite is hella easy. Whipped this up real quick

[media=youtube]Om3WeT4uA6g[/media]

You can get into flight loops from this but havent tried unflying back into the inf loop. I’m also wondering how to get some Mag Blast into this. Will mess with it later when I have more time.

[media=youtube]-KjNEcQnvxc[/media]

Dick Win posted up all the directions for the infinite. I might actually consider learning this since I also cooked up some TAC bait tech with Taskmaster.

^^Awesome.

what i found for the up TAC yesterday was that you can cancel into flight right away, ADD, ADDF, ADD, j. H, unfly, then jump and do infinite

Messing around with the new TAC infinite I’ve found you can usually get 3 reps of :h:s before unflying. Sometimes you can get more, but at that point they’re much more likely to be too low to the ground to be able to get j.:l: j.:l: to hit to restart the loop.

Version I use (from a down TAC) is ADDF, fly, j.:m:, j.:m:, (j.:h:, ADF)x3, unfly, (land, j.:l:, j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h: , fly, j.:m:, j.:m:, (j.:h:, ADF)x3, unfly) x infinite. You can substitute j.:l:, j.:m: for j.:m:, j.:m: after flight, as it’s easier and tends to keep the opponent up better the more you loop, but I’ve noticed after a while j.:l:, j.:m: will sometimes pop the opponent too high up to where your j.:h: can whiff. You can also end the combo midair with Tempest if you don’t want to burn the 3 meters for Gravity Squeeze as well, and it does pop the opponent at the right height to where Tempest will do max damage.

Anyone found a way to do this outside of the corner?

A lot of variations are popping up for this. Hopefully a midscreen one comes up soon.

doing my best to find a midscreen one

why does this work? the opponent isnt being hit right when you touch the ground.

this infinite questions what we think we know about infinites. there is still a lot to learn about how to abuse this games engine :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it all has to do with canceling the 1st active frame of the attack, then do nothing as you touch ground to rejump. The old way was canceling the 1st frame with landing.

EDIT: NVM this new style doesn’t seem to work with storm at all.

thats what I though too. and what you tried with storm, I tried with doom, it just doesnt work ._.