Magneto mix-up/reset thread v2.0

And hey Kanta, I bet that when in one of those rom resets of yours that you can XFC and do a 100% off of just one reset. Think about it and then there’s always the hidden techniques (the dirty shit people don’t want to see yet) on playing with gravity that could be of some greatness.

Top players, in my opinion, in the future will look at this version of Mags with a more serious face when playing with him because of all the, for now, unused tech laying about UMvC3.

Yes, x-factor and 1 bar after any of these (the loop itself is about… 300k I think) leads to DEAD character. But I’m on pad and I couldn’t push it further. After the Low ROM (one could even say it’s the closest thing to True ROM, but whatever) anything coming off of it, if executed right, is quite ambiguous. Dude’s get reseted FAST and you can choose when to reset them and where to reset them. Like, you Can do j.SM xx addf L instead of j.SM xx addf M to reset them there, or do st.L when you land for some different stuff. I’m not sure, but I also think you can dash under them and reset them the other way for some double cross under bullshit.
And I’m not sure, but I think I can force a ground recovery, by doing addf S to end on of the loops and unblockable them with wesker.

Also, I found out that tri-jump M crosses-up in a quite nasty way, but you have to super jump for it. which makes it a bit slower, but still good for people crouching under drones.

I’ll be working on some more stuff. See if I can figure out some stuff with different assists, but I doubt anything is better than Drones.

Kanta, I started doing my own variation of your low ROM and yeah, the potential for resets is RIDICULOUS. I do j:l:j.:m: addf :h: x4, does like 330k before they flip out. I already started testing a replica of one of Magneto’s dirtiest resets (in those videos I reposted from bloodabeast’s thread)… this will take time but it has potential

Nice man! be sure to post some videos or in-depth stuff so I can x-copy it :smiley:

(also, up till the third rep you can use j.S to cause a ground recovery, don’t know if j.H does the same)

Damn barely looked into this thread all I can say OMG MY EYES! Keep up the good work.

So im just wondering…Why hasnt anyone been using guard break w/mags? IMO he has to have one of the best since he can always combo off of throw

Because no one know of the dirty tech yet, but we do and we’re trying to keep it on the low til we get it completely figured out.

hard knockdown

Trip quotes ftw.

Yes they are very possible to do as I’ve done them in the lab myself, but the best way i’ve seen (so far) is to hit confirm off of an assist instead of just trying to go for it.
Examples are;
Bolts of Balthakk
Tatsu(Ryu/Akuma)
Drones
Burning Kick or Seismo
Tenderizer and many more. Those are just some that I’ve been working on and eventually I’ll upload them so you’ll see what I mean.

Does the Vanilla guard break even work anymore?

which one was that?

Assist lockdown + j.:s:, addf, land, then you could get an untechable grab before they hit the ground. I dunno if it still works because of this buffering throw techs inside of everything bug.

Yeah it still works for the time being and it will be some nasty technol once they get rid of that bug. I think after that mags might be movin up in tier. Just my opinion though

I was working with the low ROM and here are a few things I noticed

Starting off of a raw cr.H you can do S, j.H adf j.H xx L magnetic blast into two reps of the low ROM. Off of cr.lmhs with the same thing you can only get 1 rep + a single j.L

Also, you can basically do magneto’s day 1 airdash combo from vanilla by using j.MH addf j.H instead of L and M.

Really? well I do a dif set-up with the dummy (i have the throw tech on) and it works. I always get the grab as long as its timed right

And yes til they get rid of it its the main reason why i think mags is top 5 IMO

mags is gonna be top 3. Magneto Storm Sentinel. Fuck phoenix, wesker and everybody else (even though the characters listed work damn well with each other lol)

EDIT: This thread needs to be stickied. It’s been long overdue lol

If this game is given time to fully flesh out, Zero is gonna be #1 by a loooooongshot.

I was telling my friend how stupidly good Zero is and he, being a Zero player, doesn’t believe me yet he still says Magneto is broken. I said make Magneto’s disruptor faster and make his Magnetic Blast travel 2 times faster, cause a hard knockdown and start up in 4 frames, make it so he can dash through characters, give him a self OTG, then maybe Magneto will be as good as Zero.

Ok guys but real talk, I’ve been putting off my midscreen reset research because you can just as easily corner carry to kill or corner reset, which gives you that godlike corner pressure and either way, you’re going to end up with positional advantage.

Your thoughts?

Well that’s up for debate because both characters can be cut in half with a hot butterknife.

I still think Max is superior, but that could just old nostalgia kicking in lol

Man post that shit please so other dudes who ask me this shit can stop complaining. (besides i need something new to upload anyway. this sent video ain’t cuttin it lol [media=youtube]jiiOZgTSJOQ[/media])

It’s the nostalgia man hahaha. Zero can do 1,000,000dmg combos with no meter, solo relaunches, he has his Raikousen cross-up shit, Raikousen xx Buster lvl 3 xx Raikousen, and all sorts of dumb shit he can do that is basically unblockable on reaction. If the Zero player is competent, if he activates Sougenmu, you’re losing a lot of health in chip (unless you burn xf), or you’re getting opened up for, well, the dmg doesn’t matter cause you’re gonna lose that character unless it’s Thor or She Hulk if you’re cornered. Zero can easily corner you without much trouble.

Your only hope is to zone him out or hope you land 1 hit on him, and for the love of god, make that combo count and KO him.

Plus the little dude is a walking spaceship of outrageous hitboxes.

I’ll get in the lab tomorrow before Big Two and see what’s what with the midscreen mix-ups. Although I’m going to have to adapt what I’ve developed already, as I’m most likely going to stick with Vergil/Magneto/Wesker. OTG assist backing up Vergil turns his ~750k 2 bar combos into ~875k plus it’ll let me combo off of raw Helm Breakers and open up unblockable set-ups. Plus I can easily DHC into Magneto and get 1.1 mil for those 3 bars with a combo that builds 1.5.

I’m so scrub I still can’t get the double jump part of that basic Sentinel fly/unfly :[

Also Zero shits on everything in the game. I don’t know why I stopped playing him in Ultimate when he can hit 1 million no meter with two viable characters now.