M.Bison's nationality?

No. He’s green.
And Bison is from Uganda. I called and asked him.

Mohammed Ali

Urien is of test tube chicken descent.

… anybody else see anything wrong with this?

Only if he spoke like RX: “Heyy Frakiee…Tooooo eazzzzzzzzy”

maybe hes an android

Bison is a brotha, black folks come in many many different shadez but Bison is a brotha.

given his actual name is Vega, he’s a latino of some sort… i would guess spanish

i would think this is kind of obvious, especially for you sf comic/cannon nerds

Bison is a fag… He seems to use hella steriods during the Alpha series… then he got skinny again in SFII… then got Buff again… From looking @ the old Street Fighter (live actions) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111301/ he is obviously… a guy from mexico or spain… but then again the OLD SF commercials that CAPCOM used to have played… he is an asian guy… so i wouldnt know either…

I have a comment about Urien? What’s the fucken use of wearing clothes when he strips every fucken match?

Of course they did, quite a bit actually, just nothing that clear-cut finalizes his nationality.

To ragnafrak, the name Vega is also Arabic.

he’s southeast asian, end of story. and yes he does look it.

Are you saying that, aside from Rose, Bison never switched bodies, or are you saying that he never took over Rose temporarily before having the new body made for him?

On the topic, Bison wasn’t given a nationality in any canon source. I don’t think he looks that Asian, either, but I can’t tell since he doesn’t even have pupils.

Second one. He never switched bodies, ever, ever ever.

Ok, so what do you believe happened with him between SFZ3 and SF2, as well as with Rose?

Is ther any account…any manga, even, ANYTHING other than the plot guide, which says that Bison has EVER switched bodies? The fact that we know all kinds of unimportant BS (Ken hates soap operas, Ryu hates spiders, etc) and yet Capcom of Japan never mentions anywhere, at any point that Bison ever switched bodies…that is harsh enough evidence that something is wrong with that theory.

The only time it’s ever brought up, ever, is in SFA3, and is a mistranslation of Bison’s storyline points (he wants to use Ryu’s body for his experiments, to fuel the Psycho Drive in this case), and even Bison’s own ending supports this (he clearly doesn’t switch bodies).

As for what happened in between SFZ3 and SF2: nothing. There is not a direct continuity between the two games, as Z3 wasn’t written with SF2 to directly follow it. It’s basically a dream match, with all of the Alpha characters thrown in and all of the SSF2T characters showing up… SFA vs SF2, sorta, and they all meet somewhere in the middle. If you’re going to choose random things from SFZ3 and say that they occured in the general continuity…whatever. But everything certainly cannot. Thus, Bison dying is one of those things…if you want to make SFZ3 come directly before SF2, disregard Bison dying (and also the Psycho Drive, for that matter…a main story point of SFZ3). How people overlook Bison dying in every single ending except for his own and Rose’s (the two he would be least likely to die in), and see ONLY those two endings, boggles my mind.

More specifically, the stuff about Bison jumping into Rose’s body was essentially made up; it was a guess, because someone thought that’s what her A3 ending looked like, and went along with the general (retarded) theory of Bison switching bodies.

Previous post abour the Rose stuff: http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2580994&postcount=515

Important points:

-No mention of Bison switching bodies, EVER, except for the A3 mistranslation (which is contradicted by what actually happens in the game)

-No post-A3 accounts, anywhwere.

-Yun, Ingrid etc being in varios ports of A3 supports the thoery that some stuff is just there for the sake of the game, and not the storyline.

Simply; SFZ3 and SF2 are incongruent, in any number of ways. You can either say certain stuff in A3 didn’t happen if you’re going to try to make it fit (Bison dying would be one of thse, therefore no need for the body-switching nonsense), or you can view them as seperate works. I prefer the latter.

SFZ3 takes place 3 years before SF2. Even your beloved AASFZ3 holds that to be true, so don’t say that the two games are incongruent.

The two games are CLEARLY incongruent.

How many years before SF2 it would be, or how long after Alpha 2 (which is not listed, interestingly enough) does not change that. You might as well be saying that Bison’s SFA2 ending fits perfectly into the storyline or that every character won SF2.

If you are trying to present a consistent timeline for the SF games (mistake #1), there are some things which simply cannot happen. This is obviously true, as not every ending is valid, and not everything in all of the games can take place, because they contradict each-other…some characters shouldn’t even be in the game (Charlie, Gen etc), and it is a fact that they are in the game (SFA3/Z3) because it’s a sequel, and you want as many characters as possible, especially considering it’s the final game in the series.

SFA3 has this in abundance, and, so, there are a great many things which happen in the game which do not exist in the universe of SF2 (and thus incongruencies appear), and the game doesn’t even try to head in that direction, except for Cammy and Guile’s endings (and that is debatable).

Because Capcom may like stuff from A3 and put it in other games (aka SSF2 Revival) does not mean the events actually transpired in a general timeline (which does not exist) anymore than them taking Bison’s character design from the SF2 movie and using it in the SFA games makes the SF2 movie a part of canon.

Is the fact that A3 doesn’t fit before SF2 (compare with A2 for contrast) perfectly such a sin that people can’t accept it? Or have people just become accustomed to the plot guide’s explanations, even the ones that are made up?

I wonder whatever happened to Rose if, as you say, her body was never taken over by Bison.

I always thought that her and Bison were good characters, but I think they wore Bison a little too thin over all the games and didn’t really develop him too much. I mean, this topic, for example ? we don’t even know his nationality.

…Truth. Too bad Gouki is not totally mysterious. He’d be next to Bison, also.

I would rule out SFZ3 on many levels just as many, including SNK, would say that King of Fighters '98 is a dream conspired by the developers, the fans, and the old guy shooing away those brats from the arcades. It is just a complimentary game that tells all the boys and girls that they have heard the pleas for great game. Sorry, this is from the last few parts of the conversation.

Capcom’s difference is that in SFZ3, they actually built a story around the characters, yet only one is the real conclusion in the bunch. If anything, think of Z3 as the odd Christmas gift your brother gave you when it comes to its’ other factors, including gameplay.

Which movie are you referring to, btw? Live Action or The Animated Movie? Forget the Alphas 'ere. If you use the LA movie, then Bison is Italian. hahahaha

co-sign

the fuckin TRUTH !!!

That could be his alpha stats…if you added a foot in height.