M.Bison Q&A Thread

I think Bison’s up there. Personally I just gotta AA better with cr.HP and nj.MP

Just a quick one, do we know the invulnerability frames on the dash? Seems like something that could be useful to know, but I haven’t seen them anywhere, just that the dash itself is 22 frames.

Yes.

Dash - 22 frames frames 8-10 fully invincible; frames 11-14 strike and projectile invincible - Total dash distance = 198
V-Trigger Dash - frames 6-13 fully invincible; 14-18 strike and projectile invincible - Total dash distance = 227

What the hell is he saying during his win quote? I keep hearing “You’re weak, pathetic (and then at a lower volume) and weak”. That can’t be right though.

Thanks. That’s a lot of invulnerability frames, but it looks like that 8-frame start up is going to make it difficult to use intentionally for the primary purpose of evasion.

I’m having a problem connecting to crouching medium after I V-trigger. I do jumping HK/HP, HK, crouching medium punch to medium/small scissor kick, V-trigger then try to do crouching medium but the crouching medium never connects. How do you guys hit the crouching medium punch after the V trigger?

Hmmm, guess i just never noticed it before. Was it just for Ultra, or all SFIV incarnations. Because i never got that into USFIV, so that might be why i never noticed it.
Well regardless, now that i know for sure i’m not just imagining things i’m just gonna have to start adjusting my gameplay around it. Thanks :slight_smile:

HK Knee Press VTcancel can link into cr.MP
LK/MK Knee Press VTcancel can link into s.LK

I’m fairly certain it was in since vanilla SF4 because I recall having to adjust/forgo post backthrow setups whenever characters got thrown out of the corner since I first started playing the 4 series.

[/quote]

HK Knee Press VTcancel can link into cr.MP
LK/MK Knee Press VTcancel can link into s.LK
[/quote]

Thanks!! no wonder

Ok, can someone explain to me exactly how Head Press Charge (Stomp) works?

Why sometimes when i try to use it he goes for the opponent and sometimes it doesn’t?

I know that if the opponent walks forward, its very likely to miss. But in a match yesterday, i knew my opponent was going for a fireball and went for the stomp for the kill. Even without my opponent moving, the stomp missed.

My question is, how exactly the games decide if the move is going to hit or not the enemy?

If you go into training, you will be able to tell that it seems like the game is causing Bison to land where the opponent’s hurtbox was right before they threw a fireball. If you’ll notice, they are slightly more forward and lower to the ground (Ken/Ryu anyway) and this seems to be changing their hurtbox properties as well. So basically when this happens, there’s nothing for Bison to land on. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of tracking at all with the Head Stomp in this game, and it simply lands at a very specific point upon activation. It basically locks onto a spot, and doesn’t alter the trajectory. If however, you wait until you see the startup frames of a fireball, it should not ever miss.

This is why in most cases now, it’s better to go for a Devil’s Reverse if you’re anticipating a projectile, and moving before they actually go into the startup frames.

is there anything lord bison can do against cross up kicks. usually what happens with me is that i block the cross up and end up getting thrown or i use v reversal. is there anything else that i can do with bison beside block and v reversal?

There are two options I’ve started to implement into my game when facing cross up attempts.

1. Cr.Hk (more of an evasive move)
  2. J.Mp into L Knee press (preemptive anti air)

Iv found success when shutting down opponents who constantly play for the cross up

I’ve had success with jump back Lk, EX Inferno, and CA

Any help with playing as Bison in Survival? I want those colors!

Get lucky if you’re playing on Hard.

For Normal it’s pretty straightforward. Up until Cammy/Chun Li it’s basically j.HK, st.HK, cr.MP, MP Inferno over and over again. For Cammy, just do nothing but cr.MP until it puts you out of range, one st.MK, then either of the faster Scissor Kicks. Don’t bother jumping at her. Chun Li is annoying until you finally land that first jump in, then she’s pretty much free after that. For the first 5 levels, just focus on the score multipliers. Use any of them other than the one that puts you at the lowest health possible (but is x10 score), unless it’s offered within the first few levels. From level 10 - 20 use whatever bonus you want. Usually, if my health is low enough that a “low” heath recover would recover it all, I opt for the defense bonus instead. No matter what rank it is, depending on who the next opponent is. Usually though for 10 - 20 I just go with attack. For 20 - 30 I just use defense until my health gets low enough that a medium refill will cover it.

Pretty much use the same strategy as above on Hard, except I spend the first 10 levels on score bonuses. I don’t really need to worry too much about what bonuses I use either after that until starting around level 27. Then it’s mostly defense or health. I haven’t made it beyond 47 yet, and it almost feels like the AI starts cheating. Vega keeps counter hitting every attack, or blocks everything. The last time I fought him, I went in with a 60% defense bonus and didn’t get a single hit on him. Normally I die to super berserk mode Laura at 42 though. The only time I get past her is when the AI goes into ditz mode and she fails hard to constant st.MK.

Loop CR MP xx mk scissors. No attempt to get out of it by the ai.

I did that until necalli on normal. Sure it works on hard just as well.

It doesn’t. Well, it does for like the first 16 levels, and then can work up to around 30, but after that it definitely doesn’t do much. What’s better though is just using the BnB in my previous post. It works on pretty much everyone for the most part up until 35 or so. The loop you suggested is a surefire way to get perfected by Vega at 47 too.

The two Bison videos I’ve seen where they actually finished it on Hard are both kind of ridiculous too. There doesn’t seem to be any real game plan with what they are doing in the later levels other than tossing out EX Blasts or Head Stomps, then just hitting buttons on a blocking AI until something lands.

What should I use to beat delayed crouch techs? Typically I’ll condition my opponent to expect s throw after j Hk, or dash throw or dash cr lp throw. i try to mix this up with st Hk or cr mp and st mp but my friend seems to always block this or tech throw.

He says he’s delaying his tech so is there something I can do to punish that?