M.Bison Q&A Thread

I don’t know if this will be a welcomed question but…
What’s the easiest way to make Bison regret making that dash oki (grab or pokes after dashing).

He seems to have a lot of invincible frames on his dash, I’m trying to poke of grabing out of it but I’m having trouble finding the right kind of moves, or timing to punish it.

You can’t stop him. No one can. This world will come to end and so too will all your futile strategies against him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwmBB1Xv-oE

I really miss Psycho Crusher and Teleport from IV to use in wake-up situations. What has everyone found to be Bison’s best wake-up option? Hell, I’m getting hit out of EX Headpress more times than not and that is fucking depressing…

Block and take those 130 damage if they go for a throw. Better than eating a crush counter.

What is bison safe BnB pressure combo? You cant do Kneepress, you cant do inferno, you cant do jack shit! Everything gets punished!

There’s one special left. That might be it.

That one special is always out of range. I really dont like it Psycho burst at all. Its always out of range, I dunno why they would make this move his pressure move.

Maybe im missing something but its frustrating.

Hey guys. Quick Q, any tips for using V Skill outside of projectiles? The 3 stock req for VT makes it feel like I’m waiting forever for it to build. I’d like to try and use the skill to build as much extra bar as I can get but as a ‘parry’ it’s slightly usless.

There something obvious I’m missing? Maybe use after scissors if you read a button press?

EDIT.

Nah, too slow to use after scissors. Can kinda use as an AA? Guide frame data mentions the counter window activates on frame 6, which would make it faster than cr HP. Might be useful.

Yes, you can use as aa, but not against those guys right above you.
It’s usable against pokes that aim against your torso as well, but be careful… you’ll be in counter hit state during the whole move.

Ive caught cammys umm rolly fist thing with it and r mikas wind up rh. You could get counter hit and crushed easily though. Vskill is kind of ass outside fb characters. Honestly its only really useful against nash ken and ryu methinks. They shouldve given him psycho sever or saber from omega. Reflect and a pressure move. Too op though ay?

This is a very limited move right now. Has potential, though. We might find out its true strengths as time passes.

Yeah thanks gents. I guess it would be a little cheesy if Bipson could sit back and easily build his V Trig. Would be like Elena focusing everything to build Healing. Well, maybe not that bad but yeah.

Thanks for info regarding counter hit during skill too. Wasn’t aware of that.

EX scissor kicks are great for pressure on block. Light knee press is really hard to punish as long as you aren’t throwing it out at point blank range. However, you’ll generally get hit if you try to pressure after on block. I didn’t like blast either at first but it’s actually pretty good for spacing and frame trapping with the H version which is +2 or just keeping yourself safe with the lighter versions.

Any normal with a lot of active frames works very well. Also, you want to time your normal later rather than earlier. If you’re a sim player c.HP->b.MK -> yoga fire should work just fine.

So bison is surprisingly good from outside sweep range. I find myself turtling a bit and using solid pokes to get damage and slowly push my opponent to the corner. Then I use that range to react to whatever they do with j mp or cr hp or even dash in st mp. Digging his tools. However, I don’t know what to do vs people who get within sweep range or characters with cross up air attacks. Jump back mp is inconsistent in my experience and the range is too close for cr hp to win.

This pressure troubles me the most. I’ve tried dashing forward to go under the cross up but maybe it’s online and I’m getting stuffed in the startup. Should I try jump back lk?

That range kinda sucks for bison. We just have to suck it up and use critical art or ex inferno. If it gets super predictable nj.mp works.

Jump back jab?

Don’t forget you can always forward dash if they’re constantly jumping over you for the crossup. Just make sure you’re timing the dash so that you’re not in danger of being hit on dash startup.

It doesn’t net you any free damage, but you can reset the situation and get out of pressure.

So am i crazy, or does back throw out of corner throw the opponent farther away than usual? I can’t seem to reach with a meaty Psycho Axe like i can otherwise.
And if this is the case, is it just for Bison, or does it apply for every character? Maybe it was a thing in older SF’s as well and i just never noticed :confused:

Nah, jump back lk is better. It’s Bison’s only 3f normal, and it’s active for days – you’ll almost never be stuffed out of it when meeting air-to-air. So if you’re in a pinch, and you just need to swat away an opponent bent on crossing you up within Bison’s anti-air blind spot, this is a safe move to go to.

Nope, you’re not crazy. The same thing happened in usf4, and it applies to every character as far as I know.

A dumb question that stems from my low level and oversimplifying but

Saw Tampa Bison on stream yesterday and fell in love with how controlled and how much of a damn wall he is. I took some notes, switched to Dictator, and ended up having good success on online and understanding neutral more. I love this style BUT

Is Bison the best “wall” character or are there others I need to try before settling? Claw came to mind but his aair is weak, and I imagine Chun Li might be the best stuffing character.