LSD Tripper Amputates, Flushes Monster-Containing Testicles

The use of the drug LSD, or commonly referred to as ?acid,? appears to be increasing especially among young adults in Arcata, according to an Arcata Police Department press release issued yesterday.

On April 18, officers responded to a residence to assist the Arcata Mad River Ambulance with a 31-year-old male subject who had just castrated himself. Medical personnel and officers were unable to locate the subject?s testicles. He later told officers that he flushed them down the toilet as he feared they contained ?monsters.?

The victim, who police say had a Tennessee address, was with several friends when he began to experience negative feelings. He was dropped off at the Jay Street residence, to which Arcata Police responded at 4:18 p.m. that day.

?We just thought it was an isolated incident,? said Police Chief Tom Chapman. He said calls to aid people having a bad experience with LSD or psilocybin mushrooms are ?not uncommon.? But a flurry of subsequent incidents represent an unusual surge in LSD-related calls for service.

On May 8, a 21-year-old male subject took LSD and wandered away from his residence. He left his shoes, adequate clothing, and cell phone behind and did not tell anyone where he was going. He wandered around the forest for days while concerned friends and family looked for him. He eventually returned a couple days later.

On May 9, officers responded to the Mad River Hospital to assist with a combative 19-year-old male subject who was undergoing ?flashbacks.? The subject had ingested LSD two weeks ago. Today, officers found him standing in the field being held by three friends who were attempting to get him into the emergency room. The friends were requesting police assistance and wanted their friend to get help. The officers detained the subject and held him for psychiatric evaluation by Humboldt County Mental Health.

Last night, officers responded to the 900 block of H Street where an 18-year-old male subject, who was under the influence of LSD, was throwing himself on the ground in the middle of the street. He was arrested and taken to jail.

Also last night, May 11,officers from APD assisted officers from UPD arrest a subject who was under the influence of LSD.

Officers from the Arcata Police Department also had two additional contacts with unrelated subjects undergoing ?flashbacks.? Both were cared for by friends and family. One subject was taken out of the area and back home by his family.

The Arcata Police Department would like to remind you that the effects of LSD are extremely unpredictable. Many LSD users experience flashbacks long after initially using the drug. It is difficult to determine how long the effects of the LSD will last. The physical effects include dilated pupils, higher body temperature, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, dry mouth, and tremors.

Some LSD users experience severe, terrifying thoughts and feelings, fear of losing control, fear of insanity and death, and despair while using LSD. Some fatal accidents have occurred during states of LSD intoxication.

http://www.arcataeye.com/2010/05/lsd-tripper-amputates-flushes-monster-containing-testicles-?-may-12-2010/

Does this qualify for a Darwin Award?

Wow I swear I sat there for ten minutes trying to understand what the title meant.

And it probably would get one of those like “close” darwin awards, since he didn’t die.

you don’t have to die to win a darwin award, just remove yourself from the gene pool which he succeeded to do.

Bad trips, part of the reason I won’t do psychedelics. Not so much the fear of cutting my own balls off as the fear of just freaking out completely.

The only “Darwin” part was taking a psychedelic in the first place, not the actual castration part. People have no way to discern the consequences of their actions under psychedelics.

Yeah anxity will always be in the back of your mind. Especially when you experiment with psychedelics for the first time.

Best thing to do is just be surrounded by cool people before you bother exploring the world under the influence of psychedelics.

best thing to do is smoke salvia, so you trip HARD for 10 minutes and it ends before you can hurt yourself

Wow you sound pretty knowledgeable, have you taken lots of psychedelics before?

No? Oh…

This reminds me of when a friend of mine took acid and tripped balls like no other. He picked up a pretty big rock (like it took both hands to hold) and started conversing with it, he was talking serious stuff with random how do you do then he started laughing with it, he then brought the rock up to me and wanted me to say hi. I told him you know that’s a rock right, and he proceeded to call me and ass for offending Mrs. Rock. Yeah that actually made me feel ackward. He then sat on the sidewalk of the road and continued to talk to rock even mentioning saying something like we need to figure out where your husband is.

Being the douche I was, I was tossing tiny pieces of ice at him and it would make him flench like no other. It was pretty damn funny. Now that I look at it I probably shouldn?t have done that LOL.

-DJ-

Please, impart your knowledge, no seriously, because I don’t understand the defensive nature of your post. Last time I checked, jumping from 3 story buildings and self-mutilations aren’t things people normally do. Unless you want to delve into some erowid specifics on esoteric herbal psychedelics or something of that nature.

Sorry, I got a little miffed at your blanket statement that psychedelics invariably lead to a lack of understanding of the simple concept of consequences, something I know from personal experience to be untrue. The way I see it, stupid people do stupid shit. Whether they do them on psychedelics or not is irrelevant. People jump from high places and self-mutilate for all sorts stupid of reasons.

man i dropped acid, and all I did was walk down Chinatown in Toronto, and kept seeing water bottles falling out of my pockets. I thought the police were gonna get soooooooo mad at me for littering. And I swear to god, the animals they hang up in windows in front of stores barely look like legitimate earthly species when I’m NOT stoned, let alone when I’m trippin’

this is d funniest post i’ve read in 2 weeks.
thanx man i really needed the chuckles.

This is why I stay away from LSD and the likes. I think I’ll have a bad trip and it will be over lol. I’ve had bad highs off smoking weed, I can’t imagine lsd.

i lold ^

you want a serious discussion or just trolling?

like sandwichcookie already said, stupid people do stupid things, and i for one think the world could use less morons.

Wait a second…this is the second time in like 4 years that news reported somebody claimed their nuts had monsters in them and castrated themselves. Deja vu.

I tripped on acid a week ago for the first time. All I did was hang out with my friend and drove out to the middle of the desert and walked around a bit. Everything was pretty much in high def all day. Everything sort of glowed and it was extremely crisp and heaven like. Went back to his car, smoked a bowl, and listened to trance music. I freaked out a bit because I never tried acid but once I calmed down, it was pretty amazing. One of the best days of my life.

I think people need to have the correct mindset before taking any sort of drug. I stick with psychedelics (acid, X, Robitussin) because I like to see weird things. If you don’t prepare yourself mentally, then you will have a bad trip (freak the fuck out). Surround yourself with one or two other people and good music (not to mention visually interesting things) and you’ll be fine. I only trip on something one or two times a month and I have no problems.

Wait a minute, there are still people making acid? Why was I not informed? I was under the assumption that the “recipe” for LSD was lost to the ages.

It’s rare that you find pure acid as most of it is laced with meth.