Losing for all ages! The new Rage thread (with props to Gruntsworthy)

WHAT THE (long “e”) FUCK. I got my B a few days ago… Hanging around top 100 so I was like fuck it I’m not going to play anymore lol. Like YO I’m good. But today I decide to play and almost everyone I won against, no matter the rank, I got like 1BP and 10 PP!!! WTFOMG. then of course when I lose, I lose 100 BP and 150 PP!!! Off of some lag? Really? Nah I think I’m good. I’m going to maintain my 5060 BP and play casuals forever! Lol.

For real This is the sole reason why I stopped playing ranked today I got my ps3 version of AE had the dlc on xbox since it released and I was like man I will never do rank again lost one match and it would be the equivalent of winning 6 matches in a row. The ranking system has always been horrible I prefer championship mode to comeback.

Just got back into trying to play street fighter now that AE is out. Sadly even with Makoto’s buffs, I’m just as free as I was in Super. Playing so much Marvel probably didn’t help either. But seriously fuck Yun. I can’t do anything against half decent dive kick pressure, and I still get eaten alive by Honda and Bison.

Has anyone had one of those people who, if you lose to them while you’re using Makoto, they switch to Makoto the next round? I always take it as a “Your Makoto is bad, I can even play her better” insult, and it really pisses me off and makes me do a lot of mistakes (which is what they’d be after).

Also, whaaaaaaaaat? Makoto S.MP beats Makotos Ultra 2 (first time I saw this happen I’m pretty sure it was by accident, it was a trade where the S.MP Mak didn’t take damage, while the next time it happened (in the next round, he learned it quick), he just beat me clean…)

s.mp beats a loooot of ultras, this yang scrub kept using U1 on wake-up and I would just stand there with my meaty s.mp and imagine him throwing his stick when i tapped him out of it.

I get that all the time in AE not so much in Super, and I usually take it two ways. One they may actually have a good heart and are trying to teach me something about Makoto that maybe I didn’t know. But if their Makoto is ass, I just feel like I’m being trolled and I usually fuck them up, unless their clearly a better player.

Since I have played barely any matches online since AE came out it hasn’t happened to me in AE so far, but in Super I encountered a few of those guys. Makes me furious every time (I take stuff like that super personally lol) but I haven’t lost a single one of those matches. Most of those matches I take the lead and taunt a bunch, just to countertroll. I’m usually not one to taunt but god damn, fuck those guys!

I don’t know why you guys still complain after they made her godlike , the only problem I STILL have is Bison … kisamaaa…aaanyway … someone said he has trouble against balrog … only tips i can give you is SPAM st MP > SWEEP … each time you do s MP do sweep after it … most of the time you get counter-hits and a free knockdown … learn your safe jump … if you see the rog using ex dash punch , then spam attacks on his wakeup to bait him to do it (and in the mean time you buffer ex karakusa) … I know that sounds confusing but im gonna explain it again in a simple way

When balrog is on the ground stay on him (dont jump on him just stay next to him and out of throw range if possible) and just spam st. MP , but as you spam st. MP input ex karakusa with each MP , so when he does ex dash punch your MP absorbs his armor and his punch absorbs your armor , but guess what , he gets grabbed by ex karakusa ! Many of you may know that but for those of you who dont , thats explaining it in detail

I have troubles with bison’s scissor kick (even though a lot of makoto’s normals beats it) … for some reason i keep trying to beat his scissor with focus attack which never works apparently -.- … anyway … enough for me

Someone said troubles against zangief … what i can say is (and this is gonna be hard for a lot of you) … keep … him…OUT … cr HK works good for his huge hitbox and beats most of his jump-ins … ABUSE JBF (jump back fierce (jump back heavy punch)) it beats ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING- no exceptions !
I have a friend who plays gief and when he sees me doing JBF he goes into rampage because he knows that nothing beats it unless he’s crouching ,otherwise its either an instant overhead or a punisher for his spd/lariat … another thing that I like using against gief is U2 because you cant punish anything with U1 (even though it does a shit ton of damage) because if you bait out a lariat he’s done … U2 is a big punish for the lariat and you cant do it with u1 sadly :[ also keep in mind that most of the green hands are PUNISHABLE !

I have trouble with people who run away with ryu, ken, or any other fireball character and just jump back and spam it out. I want to rush in on them but just end up eating a ton of hadokens. Then If I absorb with focus and dash forward it’s me dashing into another fireball. Anyone got any tips on this?

Absorb the first fireball, dash forward into instant tsurugi to get over and punish the second fireball you know is coming.

Thanks, Im gonna practice this

General advice:
Don’t rage, be zen-like. Take a breather for a couple of minutes between games to reflect on what you did right/wrong, it will help a lot. Playing with rage will not help you improve, but playing with passion and focus will.

strokes Confucius like beard

I can’t put a win streak together now lol. I hit the infamous 5k BP in AE again and now I literally am in “Win one, lose one” limbo. Thinking it’s a psychological thing more than anything.

You’re kinda right. I raged too much today and it did not help me. Maybe cuz I pushed myself too much in time for a major tournament this august. I’ll keep that in mind. though watching me suck on the replay channel would piss the f**k outta me.

Any words on well known players going to SVB? I wanna go to if I can scramble enough money together.

Maybe Ryan Hart, Starnab, Alloune? read a rumor that Markman’s gonna be there as well, he’s a madcatz player so hopefully Mago, Toki and Daigo (Doubtful) would join the frey as well.

Absurd , they don’t visit europe often … only for “big” tournaments :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I want to see VRyu in a tournament actually , it’d be so fun to watch

I love j.mk out of no where right over the opponents head

It’s especially great if you see them grab or do something your else your Tsurugi would have punished them for.

Hi im peqqi and im a makoto player.

Im considering dropping AE i think that capcom destroyed this game by making the ´twins to good. Its like the more they play scrubbier the harder i can beat them… and makoto seems a bit cheap now i guess with blockarusa and corner rape… fuki AA combo takes over 300 damage lol

I seriously think that she was well balanced in super the only thing she needed was clk to ex and dash fixed rest of the buffs was to good (IMO).
she already could connect ultra with no ex move at all and with 2 combos, grabb and tsurgi thats gdlk just that lollolloololol

remove the twins give us super makoto with thouse buff i wrote AE would be a very balanced game considering all the nerf many of the casts got.