Losing for all ages! The new Rage thread (with props to Gruntsworthy)

This thread is where I will come (and you can come too) to share in the pain of losing with our girl. Whether you know the lose is all your fault or if you were out played, whether you got spammed out, lamed out, or even rushed down by a guile (!) player. Whether you just cant seem to win against Zangief, Juri, Cammy, etc… this is the place for you. Its like an AA meeting, the first step is knowing that you are not alone and that really comes through with testimonials. There is plenty of advice in the stickies, here we can just vent.

Hi guys, Im McGowanSheWrote and I play Makoto. First I hate mirror matches. I win 95% of them but I fear more will come with Bandwagon Maks jumping in on AE. Also in the two weeks before AE arrived, I droppped like 1200 bp…it sucks.

Got AE a couple days ago, and finally went online last night, all losses. I haven’t picked up SF4 since before MVC3, and didn’t play makoto much back then. Most of the matches I did pretty well, and was just out played.

However, two of them really got to me. One ken one ryu, both endlessly jumping in, then directly into uppercut/etc. Really frustrated with mak’s defense (or the work it takes), and I know I need a lot of work.

So after, went into training, recorded ken jumping in, and practiced fukage-> tsurugi-> ex hayate. Need to get that down

try fukiage -> HP fukiage -> EX (tsurugi/hayate). it’s cooler and does more damage iirc

Yeah I def. had a bad night last night. Before AE was released I was using U2 exclusively online just to practice the U2-> tsurugi-> ex hayate combo in actual matches. Since Yun and Yang are here I switched back to U1 last night and I dropped Karakusa-> U1 three times last night online. Twice in the same game, once per round and I would have won the round both times if it would have connected.

I realized I have to work on AA and blocking cross ups, I lost the most matches because of jump in and dive kick pressure and repeated cross ups. I know fukiage is a go to now but out of the 10 time I worked up the courage to try it, it only landed twice and I only got the HP fukiage-> EX hayate follow up one of those two times. So frustrating, I was extremely pissed off most of the night. I don’t know if it’s because Makoto is so pissed off all the time if that effects my mood but it seems that way.

Thanks for the props, man.

I’ve yet to actually get the MS points to sink on Arcade Edition. Feels bad, man.

I’ve been dropping that forever. Offline there is no problem connecting it, but since the quality in nearly every online match is different, there is never a way to adjust to the timing.

Yang : (

I love Street Fighter 4. I love how mashing and autocorrect are so strong in this game and how people on the offense have to guess during their own pressure and mixup, when it should be the defense guessing. I love it.

I’ll try that. Looking for something reliable rather than flashy or highest damage.

When AAing with fukiage, it’s hard to tell which direction they will fly. Looks like it is dependent on your relative positions when the hit connects. With this in mind, it’s been easier for me to use LP for AA, because you know where you are. For MP and HP it’s hard to tell weather you’ll be in front or behind the jump-in after makoto moves foward.

None of that matters at all with Fukiage. If you are going for 2x fukiage (no kara)Motions should be:

1313:lp:, 1313:hp: EVERY TIME.

The HP Fuki autocorrects to whatever side they fly to should you connect. There is no reason to input anything else.

Yeah, that’s another reason I prefer fuki, HP fuki, ex hayate. if I try to jump after the first fukiage, I always seem to go the wrong way.

You know you’re having one of those moments when you fail to follow up with ANYTHING after Karakusa… lol.

The key is to not give a damn…

Haha, yeah. This is actually the main reason I switched to Makoto. When I lost with Chun, salt would flow. But with Makoto, I didn’t feel bad about losing. Plus, she’s a cool little character with some great alt costumes and taunts.

But now she’s (apparently) good–though you’d never notice it by watching my replays! ;(

Salt overflow imminent:

F****** g****** shotos with their f****** jumping roundhouses and hard punches and b****** priority. Can’t do s*** near them wtf! Ugh… please tell me Makoto has a buff or strategy against this in AE. As much as I love working on my C+ grade Makoto in Super, I’m looking forward to the buffs she has in AE.

Emmmm well I got 19 wins in a row in the second night of AE on ranked matches … the problem must be from YOU guys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: my personal salt is blanka, t hawk , bison(damn you bison) and the stupid twins i guess … cant uppercut dive kicks … freaking dive kicks … its like fighting a better rufus for scrubs

Wish i knew what to do against balrog. The person I play with all the time mains Rog, and every time we play, I rage so hard my vision goes white and i’ve killed another hooker, sigh.

FUCKING RUFUS PEACE OF SHIT!

So Makoto’s U2 got buffed to be faster. Seems like a good thing right? Well, I was fighting a Bison player last night and I KNEW he was gonna teleport (he did so anytime I got close enough to start real pressure) so I decided I was gonna put an end to that and punish the next one hard with U2. I input the motion and Makoto flys back towards the wall and sure enough Bison is glowing purple during the Ultra flash…but Makoto gets over to him so fast that he’s still in his invuln frames as her foot enters his sternum. GREAT.

mcgowanshewrote wrote:

This thread is where I will come (and you can come too)
lols

Anyway, Rose is who gives me trouble. I can NEVER punish those damn soul spirals. Pisses me OFF!!

as soon as the ? mark turns into Zangief- I start to cry : (
Im getting better though…