Logan's Run: Dude on Roller Skates!?

as speed up wolvie it should be…

just do a couple reps of his speed up inf then start over the thanos bubble combo…

>>Update<<
Starting as speed up wolvie…
– jab, call thanos bubble, jab, short, f+d+fp(slide, and bubble goes over em) xx berserker barrgage(df+ p)…last hit knocks them into bubble… (jab, c.mp (speed up inf… do 2 or 3 reps and you get a reset)… then start over…

obviously speedup will wear off before you can get a third bubble in… but it wont matter… just finish em with a HC…

main problem is starting as speed up wolvie and getting this off before to much wears off…

what im working on now…

will hopefully be cancellng the berserker barrage early… as in XX speed up… and hopefully that first hit will knock them back into the bubble… ill report back…

Happy time!

Ok… so the above :lovin:DOES:lovin: work… doing the inf :wgrin:DOES:wgrin: reset and let thanos come back out… and it :angel:DOES:angel: allow wolvie to do the speed up hyper IN COMBO!! yay!!

this is even better… because with things ramped up a notch they have even less time to roll… and you are even faster now to try and catch them if they manage it…

Please test as well… I don’t want to end up wrong… I will keep investigating…

double p.s… do a better inf… looks flashier…hehe

>>Update<<

Slight variation that is much easier to land… just do jab, call thanos, jab, cr.short, cr.short, barrage xx speed up… they trapped… couple speed up inf reps to get a reset… start over… the cr. lk’s trip em up just as well as the slide would and twice as fast…

next step…

corner reset… prolly something starting with slide under(d+f+p) OTG w/c.lk on other side and restart… stuff like this should be possible with constant speed up in the (lets call it) bubble inf…

Okay, so after working on this a little bit just now:

In speed-up, you can do Call Bubble, imm. dashing c.LK, s.MK link [dash LK, LK] until Bubble hits, repeat. This is un-rollable obviously, which is good. However, when you call Thanos at closer than 3/4 to full-screen, the bubble catches them before he leaves.

You can use your setup to gain speed-up and infinite, then switch-over to the unrollable version.

This stuff is pretty cool.

You can do speed-up linked dashing LK’s once you get the timing mastered to allow the proper horizontal gain to make Thanos leave before the bubble hits. This should work even from pretty close Bubble calls, but I need to do some more tinkering.

One nice thing that I have found about using the XX speed up in there… beyond the speed up obviously… is that it knocks them really far almost strait back… so you can call thanos WAY early and even if the bubble is 3/4 of the screen behind… so long as that hit from speed up hits… they are going in the bubble…

if you dont xx speed up and you just keep pushing them back (after the early start) you’ll notice that you can sometimes get thanos to pop back out and throw another bubble before the first even hits… so there’s certainly a lot of play if you understand how to keep moving the screen…

Which brings me to the next part…

>>Update<<

Corner reset for the combo (can be rolled… but given that you are switching sides on them… and ones direction just leaves them in the corner… its not an easy thing to roll out of…

once you’ve done the above wolvie/bubble inf to the corner… starting at… (bubble hits (and you’ve got speed up))… d+f+fp, (slides to the other side of em), OTG cr. lk, call thanos, lk, dash fwd xx lk, lk, (bubble hits)… keep it going…

works… tricky timing but what isn’t with speed up wolvie…

>>thanos side note<<
this prolly belongs elsewhere… but since we talking the titan here… just thought i’d mention… (you guys might know this) but you can start his corner (solo) bubble, B+hk infinite out of either of his fp throws into the corner…

This vid here… [media=youtube]BQZ93geEKtY[/media]

Has some great wolvie play in general… but apart from that… there are several speed up infinite/setups that I think could be added to our discussion to form escape proof 100% combos with ease… take a look.

Particularly there is a speed up reset/side switch a couple times around 3:50… that seems like he just uses cr. mp to pop them up and then just dashes under and keeps comboing… amounts to an unroll able speed up corner reset…

>>another update<<

Here’s another to throw into the mix for both style and mixup…

jab, call thanos, jab, launcher, [sj. lp, sj. lk, sj. lp, sj. lk] sj. fp… they fall and land on bubble… land… do wtver…

or… for even more style you can do f,d,f+k as you fall… like just before you would land on the bubble… and it works great :slight_smile:

do the part in brackets at about 1/2 speed or you might knock em down to early…

New evo footage of Sunahebi’s Wolvie/Tron/Spiral and some time spent getting match experience on xbl have me super-excited about Wolvie again. I’m feelin pretty good about having a god-like Logan in time for Sb4

share plz!

I’ve heard tell of a speedup, rejump inf… and some other stuff I hadn’t seen… Really I’d love to see how you play wolvie… don’t get me wrong… the whole “avoid speedup like the plague and go for never ending block strings” works pretty decent for logan… but dude on roller skates mode always seems to have more potential. Just who the heck can control him?

Any new tricks to share? or is it STSFN? hehe

he does get a speed rejump on a lot of character’s but the timing is so tight that i’m not sure how repeatable it is. If it works its Lp, Lk, Mk, Hp, Hk.

All I’ve got is 2.5 reps so far, but I didn’t think he could do a rep 2 months ago so now I’m confident it works.

Logan is a vortex character with speed-up w/o doubt. I don’t even react that fast, I’m more of a setup player, but Logan let’s me take advantage of smaller openings than I’m usually accustomed to bc he can go fullscreen in the time it takes a jab to recover. The potential is there for free infinite stun lockdown while killing an assist at the same time. In the corner, stuffing an assist with a dashing light and calling Doom lets you loop bop the assist with spd. dash Hp’s 5-6 times while rocks lock down, at which point you can do dash Lp, crMp x2 and recall Doom. All of this stuff is anti-pushblock as well, although there is still some properties i dont know how to circumvent all the time yet. You can use the threat of hurting the assist to mixup by dropping the assist and going 50-50 on the point again, and in many cases you’ll wind up still catching the assist if you get a good rock bounce.

Zaza’s graveyard thread is so godlike its not even funny, I’m completely rehashing my approach to the character based on his OG knowledge.

speed up

I think zaza was the best meat and potatoes wolvie player there was… he used the lock down game to perfection and I really like his concept of using offensive assists instead of defensive AAA all the time. I don’t think he used much speedup though.

My only beef with speedup is that it’s often outta rhythm with a lot of wolvie’s gameplan… or at least I felt like that till I learned how to combo it… now its pretty wonderful. Even knocks them back and gives you a free run up on them… which is always logan’s BnB… really I think that’s what zaza used to perfection with wolvie… he’d force knock backs and flying screens at the right time… so you get a free ride into their grill w/out working past sent drones/capcom AA/ect… truly wonderful.

Took me awhile to get the faith in terms of just how fast wolvie’s wave dash is… but pretty much anytime the get knocked down… its a free run-up…

Yeah, from reading Zaza’s thread, he didn’t have much faith in speed-up, but honestly, I think if he had realized what an exploit it is, he would have.

I do think that it’s easy to take too many chances with speed-up though, so its certainly a fine line between being effective and shooting yourself in the foot. Just can’t be too risky and know when to just let a speed-up timer expire when its safer to do that.

Edit: The funniest shit is that reading through Zaz’s thread, you realize that as of 2003 he had already ran speed-up Logan/Doom and wrote it off as too risky and not his style. Dude was a GOD lol.

Still, when you look at how fast marvel has gotten since 03, I see it as a necessity to take advantage of speed-up to make Wolvie the FASTEST character in the game, BAR NONE.

I can never tell myself “no” when speedup is on… and it gets me killed…haha

landing it like (misc combo), df+fp xx lp barrage xx speed-up is the only way to go… something bout how the barrage juggles after OTGing from the slide… makes it perfect. Sometimes I combine chun or juggs overhead assist to make the setup unblockable. Can be mean.

Also…

Thanos capture… and call bubble before starting the combo… and they end up in the bubble after speed-up hits… and yon starts speedup inf reps xx df+pp xDHCx powa!!! Is 100% on some toons… DHC again to make it 100% on most anyone.

how do you feel bout using fatal claw as an assist punisher? I first did it online the other day… opp called juggs… i blocked… launch juggs, magic xx fatal claw, DHC out to proton cannon… It felt really safe also… even tho the opps point was capcom… b/c I knew I could dhc early if need be to frame kill with PC. Apart from that it did like 80% on juggs and a second DHC finished him…

Hmm, I’m not sure about Fatal Claw as assist punish, especially since you can get it out of it easy.

If you are on xbl, hit me up: TonyP0318

I’m on ps3 but I’ll add you at my buddies next time I’m over there… tho don’t expect much cuz he has no stick and my stick obviously wont work there being ps3… ironic given that I’m pretty good on a playstation pad and crap on an xbox one…hehe

I used the fatal claw to punish only after air comboing an assist. Doing it solo would amount to suicide.

Im curious, how are you going from the air combo to the FC w/o them falling out of it? Are you landing first?

Since it’s an assist juggle you can slow speed the button presses so that they are decently above you… then xx fatal claw. Definitely connects. They fall right in… just don’t finish the combo with something that would knock them away.

Also help if when you jump after the launch… instead of going strait up… go up/fwd so you gain less height.

ah okay. i’ll have to try it. couldn’t picture it properly i guess.

random assist kill ideas:

launch, lp, lk, lp, lp, delay, falling HK (cross up), assist bounces, land, relaunch

launch, 1234, HK Drop + Doom (or suitable assist), fish for a relaunch

mad weird things you can do with the character, especially in speed-up. I’ve been able to keep an assist juggled with dash sLP, cr.MP, sMK for multiple reps while keeping the point locked down. dumb. starting to put reins on this fool

notes

Some random things I’ve picked up on Live

• the un-guardbreak (just before new character enters, nj. DClaw down-back) is god-like. It’s beefy like with a tron drop, but also is near unblockable the first time around for anybody when its solo too. You can also do it while falling after a sj kill for the same effect or fake it by DC’ing down instead.

• the fatal craw super does crummy damage when DHC’ing from Psy’s butterfly soopah, best to let Psy’s play out as long as possible. Sometimes the mixup potential is higher if you just whiff dp+PP and then dash in block string xx assist xx speed-up magic cross-up.

• wolvie/doom is a momentum-based team, you have to know when to back off when going for the speed-up doom chip of death, especially against a solid anti-air assist. Against Cyke/CapCom/Jin etc you’ve got to play it safe and only use the trap as a show of force, then back off when they mash assist. From there you can use [dashing HP]xN if the point stayed grounded (gets assists down 50% or better in a hurry), or if the point escaped you can launch the assist, relayer with assist if safe and fish for a relaunch

• wolvie is weak against magneto and rushdown storm, but can get to cable and a storm looking to get a cheap hailstorm faster than they anticipate. If storm uses LA to get away its best to just watch for the vertical typhoon and just build meter yourself.

sentinel isn’t as scary as you’d think-- although obviously if he gets above you and in stomping position it can get bad fast. If sent does a fullscreen HSF, logan gets in free with 1 bar (claw slide through first set, spd-up super through second, clawslide through the third leaves you with an OTG opportunity). [sLP, crHK, crHK, sLP, crHK] is an infinite juggle with speed-up on the robot (and you can simplify it to [sLP, crHK] as well). I’ve also got a rejump infinite in the works vs. bot-- [jLP, jLK, jMK, jHK] works, its just a matter of mastering the timing.

• qcb HP (claw warp) is a funny way to kill a character at fullscreen with 1 pixel.

• wolvie’s ability to put you into the corner off of one good hit cannot be overlooked. When in the corner, counter hit (or Psy AA) launch, magic series, late DC up will leave them in the corner with the proper DC positioning. Anytime you land qcf+PP its pretty much a guaranteed corner pin. The same goes with burning a bar to speed up, and following up with dash cr.LK, cr.MP, if that combos continue with the juggle infinite and drop doom as you reach the corner, then let them out and chip them to death. If the combo attempt is blocked, drop doom and use tight links of [dash sLP, crMP] to move them to the corner.

• never pass up the opportunity to hurt their AAA if its safe, even if its for a single launch. Once you take out the AA, its a free pass to lockdown with wolvie/doom-- the only thing to worry about at that point is a good alpha counter or a throw. In my experience (with Psy/Wolvie/Doom) its worth taking small risks with Psylocke in an attempt to punish an AAA bc the payoff for wolviemadoomah is so high.